2006 Buffalo Bills

I wanted to try to simulate the offseason and actually fill the gaps where many of you usually just put "FA" or "RD 1 Pick". So here is what I came up with. If a player isn't listed, assume they were released or allowed to sign elsewhere.

Any comments and opinions are certainly welcome. I urge you to share your own charts as well. It was well worth the time.

Draft

1. Haloti Ngata - DT, Oregon

2. Andrew Whitworth - OT, LSU

3a. Alan Zemaitis - CB, Penn St

3b. Hank Baskett - WR, New Mexico

4. Charles Bennett - DE, Clemson

5. Erik Meyer - QB, Eastern Washington

6. Omar Gaither - OLB, Tennessee

7. William Freeman - ILB, Furman

Free Agents - Rock Cartwright (RB, WAS), Jabar Gaffney (WR, HOU), Jeff Backus (OT, DET), Terrence Metcalf (OG, CHI), Grey Ruegamer (C, GB), Maake Kemoeatu (DT, BAL), Terdell Sands (DT, OAK), Dante Wesley (CB, CAR)

Quarterback - Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman, Erik Meyer

Running Back - Willis McGahee, Rock Cartwright, Shaud Williams, Lionel Gates

Fullback - Daimon Shelton, Jon Goldsberry, Ryan Neufield

Wide Receiver - Lee Evans, Jabar Gaffney, Hank Baskett, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, Jonathan Smith

Tackles - Jeff Backus, Mike Gandy, Andrew Whitworth, Jason Peters

Guards - Chris Villarrial, Terrence Metcalf, Bennie Anderson, Justin Geisinger

Centers - Duke Preston, Grey Ruegamer

Tight Ends - Mark Campbell, Kevin Everitt, Tim Euhus

Defensive End - Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Charles Bennett

Defensive Tackle - Maake Kemoeatu, Haloti Ngata, Terdell Sands, Tim Anderson

Outside Linebacker - Takeo Spikes, Angelo Crowell, Josh Stamer, Omar Gaither

Inside Linebacker - London Fletcher, William Freeman

Cornerback - Terrence McGee, Dante Wesley, Alan Zemaitis, Eric King, Jabrari Greer

Free Safety - Troy Vincent, Rashad Baker, Jim Leonhard

Strong Safety - Lawyer Milloy, Coy Wire

K - Rian Lindell

P - Brian Moorman

LS - Duke Preston

- Alan Zemaitis will probably be a first round pick, not a 3rd

- You didnt adress any other the safety positions, it could be a possibility that both lawyer milloy and troy vincent arent here next year. Even if they were, we have no young talent behind them, we all know coy wire cant play, and i dont know if leonhard can handle a 16 game season.

- Who is our TE? it cant be campbell he's just not good enough, and we cant rely on Everett to come back and be a star right away.

I like some of the other picks and siginings though, i dont see Mario Haggan on the depth chart, i dont think we will cut him.

- Alan Zemaitis will probably be a first round pick, not a 3rd

- You didnt adress any other the safety positions, it could be a possibility that both lawyer milloy and troy vincent arent here next year. Even if they were, we have no young talent behind them, we all know coy wire cant play, and i dont know if leonhard can handle a 16 game season.

- Who is our TE? it cant be campbell he's just not good enough, and we cant rely on Everett to come back and be a star right away.

I like some of the other picks and siginings though, i dont see Mario Haggan on the depth chart, i dont think we will cut him.

545954[/snapback]

I probably did put Zemaitis too high. I had info saying he is day one material. That's what I based this on.

As far as safeties, I feel they will improve with a better DL and Spikes back. I think they are capable, yet aging.

TE's - Campbell is not sufficient. Yet, we have spent two picks on Euhus and Everitt and haven't even really seen what they can do yet. I think we may have a starter in KE once he gets some experience.

Haggan is a RFA and I don't have him retained. :lol:

Andrew Whitworth, is very heavy footed, he will be this years Victor Rogers, Kelly Butler or Ben johnson -all of which were considered by many to be sure first day selections that waited to get there name called. Although I like him, he would be a back up.

Also if we get Backus, he starts at LT, there is no reason to not start Jason Peters at RT or even LT, he is twice the RT Williams is. He is athletic and moves people. Backus is the best LT in Free agency, but not worth the money that will be offered to him, instead sign a role player and vet like Jon Runyan who is older and should come cheaper

I consider center of more of a need position, and I don't think it will be Preston, LeCharles Bentley is imho the best OL in the market. I like Metcalf in college, he should have left after his junior year, however, Gandy is our stating LG he is athletic for a guard and his long arms help, he is a good run blocker and a great interior pass blocker. and no more former Bears

If we can reneg his contract where he is not be hurting the cap at all, then Mike Williams should be moved into RG, next to two players that play mad he could become a force. we still could have great depth with CV or Mike williams, preston, maybe anderson.

I like Ngata. Great size, starts from day one. However feel we need to keep Adams, and maybe even sign Jackson, (grady, heck why not collect the set and get Washington if the raiders release him, then we could name the DT rotation the oval office, Adams, Jackson and washington-I kid)

no really, keep Adams, and sign Jackson, a four man rotation of Adams, jackson, Ngata and edwards, that's alot of meat.

I wish there was another option besides Clements, but resigning him remains the best thing to do.

in the 2nd round we could pick up another WR, maybe Nance will still be there, if chad jackson declares he might be there, but someone that can take over the slot positon, and maybe someone with size. i think we can keep Moulds, and we should.

another player I've liked since his college days is Matt Schobel, he is an improving blocker and a great athlete for a TE, the fact his brother is also a Bill should help in the signing, just think how happy the schobel fam would be. he and Everett would give us a vertical threat at TE, opening the middle more

I also could see getting a player like LaRon Landry in the 3rd, or Salley, but someone that could step in early if Vincent doesn't step up.

oh and if the cheifs do depart ways with vermeil, get him!!!! London Fletcher loves him, and I think we need a figure not a coach, let the OC and DC do the coaching, but an emotional coach that has his players support is important. Hopefully he brings over his offensive staff, but I think we'll be okay with our current DC and STC. MM and TD both need to go. TM should be given the wheel, and more important this becomes the head coaches team, and not the GMs team.

So to break it down, and if you got this far, congrats.

1-Ngata DT

2-Nance WR or Jackson

3-Landry FS

3b-the best lineman left, maybe Whitworth here.

4-best DE left

5-best LB

6-best running back

7 best player

Sign

Bentley, Runyan, Jackson, Schobel.

reneg

Moulds and Williams

Resign

Clements, and all the other role players on the team we can afford.

and have an open QB race, Vermeil will go with who he could win with.

It's early, but still hard to resist. Here's mine. Franchise Clements, extend Moulds, make Williams take maximum paycut possible or see ya. I target Huchinson or Bentley in free agency as my top priorities( must get one of em') and the best LOLB to replace Posey. I'm not gonna get into filling out the depth chart just yet with remaining free agents. Draft: (somewhere around the 10th pick?) Round 1: Ngata, the Boston College DE(forgot how to spell it), and Eric Winston are my targets. Round 2. DT Watson, G Max Gean Giles, or if a highly rated corner or safety fall are my choices. For the 3rd round picks, for now until I study up more let's just say I'm looking at interior linemen on either side of the ball........day 2 after the Bowl..........

It's early, but still hard to resist. Here's mine. Franchise Clements, extend Moulds, make Williams take maximum paycut possible or see ya. I target Huchinson or Bentley in free agency as my top priorities( must get one of em') and the best LOLB to replace Posey. I'm not gonna get into filling out the depth chart just yet with remaining free agents.  Draft: (somewhere around the 10th pick?) Round 1: Ngata, the Boston College DE(forgot how to spell it), and Eric Winston are my targets. Round 2. DT Watson, G Max Gean Giles, or if a highly rated corner or safety fall are my choices. For the 3rd round picks, for now until I study up more let's just say I'm looking at interior linemen on either side of the ball........day 2 after the Bowl..........

546204[/snapback]

Mathias Kiwanuka - that guy's a stud DE. I wouldn't be upset if they replaced Kelsay with him, but he might be gone before the Bills get a chance to pick.

Hutchinson or Jeff Backus would be excellent free agent pickups.

One guy we might want to keep an eye on if he's still available on day 2 - QB Brad Smith from Missouri. If we're going to draft a QB on the second day, I'd look for that guy.

I wanted to try to simulate the offseason and actually fill the gaps where many of you usually just put "FA" or "RD 1 Pick". So here is what I came up with. If a player isn't listed, assume they were released or allowed to sign elsewhere.

Any comments and opinions are certainly welcome. I urge you to share your own charts as well. It was well worth the time.

Draft

1. Haloti Ngata - DT, Oregon

2. Andrew Whitworth - OT, LSU

3a. Alan Zemaitis - CB, Penn St

3b. Hank Baskett - WR, New Mexico

4. Charles Bennett - DE, Clemson

5. Erik Meyer - QB, Eastern Washington

6. Omar Gaither - OLB, Tennessee

7. William Freeman - ILB, Furman

Free Agents - Rock Cartwright (RB, WAS), Jabar Gaffney (WR, HOU), Jeff Backus (OT, DET), Terrence Metcalf (OG, CHI), Grey Ruegamer (C, GB), Maake Kemoeatu (DT, BAL), Terdell Sands (DT, OAK), Dante Wesley (CB, CAR)

Quarterback - Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman, Erik Meyer

Running Back - Willis McGahee, Rock Cartwright, Shaud Williams, Lionel Gates

Fullback - Daimon Shelton, Jon Goldsberry, Ryan Neufield

Wide Receiver - Lee Evans, Jabar Gaffney, Hank Baskett, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, Jonathan Smith

Tackles - Jeff Backus, Mike Gandy, Andrew Whitworth, Jason Peters

Guards - Chris Villarrial, Terrence Metcalf, Bennie Anderson, Justin Geisinger

Centers - Duke Preston, Grey Ruegamer

Tight Ends - Mark Campbell, Kevin Everitt, Tim Euhus

Defensive End - Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Charles Bennett

Defensive Tackle - Maake Kemoeatu, Haloti Ngata, Terdell Sands, Tim Anderson

Outside Linebacker - Takeo Spikes, Angelo Crowell, Josh Stamer, Omar Gaither

Inside Linebacker - London Fletcher, William Freeman

Cornerback - Terrence McGee, Dante Wesley, Alan Zemaitis, Eric King, Jabrari Greer

Free Safety - Troy Vincent, Rashad Baker, Jim Leonhard

Strong Safety - Lawyer Milloy, Coy Wire

K - Rian Lindell

P - Brian Moorman

LS - Duke Preston

545942[/snapback]

This shows someone who had way too much time on his hands.

First off, you have no idea of the draft order

Second, you don't know which juniors will declare

Third, you have no idea who will actually end up as a free agent

so basically you completed wasted your time, however, it is your time.

I would suggest and it is a suggestion, you find more constructive things to do with your free time because you gain zippo from this!

I would suggest and it is a suggestion, you find more constructive things to do with your free time because you gain zippo from this!

546208[/snapback]

wow, you should really rip on him for being excited and curious about this Bill's offseason. Isnt every post basically a waste of time? i mean how much does the smartest person on the board actually know? It'a funny you say he wasted his time by doing this post yet you took the time to reply to it, isnt that a waste?

wow, you should really rip on him for being excited and curious about this Bill's offseason. Isnt every post basically a waste of time? i mean how much does the smartest person on the board actually know? It'a funny you say he wasted his time by doing this post yet you took the time to reply to it, isnt that a waste?

546246[/snapback]

Exactly what I wanted to say. Jeesh.

No one else has an opinion?  :w00t:

This took me a while to do, and I expect a full flaming in return. Please.

Seriously though, what do you think?

546017[/snapback]

hey just for future reference about getting people to reply, its hard to take a guy seriously when he has "robjohnson4life" as his user name hahaha, just bustin your chops lol

546208[/snapback]

1. I based it off of what I've read in a few places. I feel that they are mainly on target with what I've seen, but you're right in that the values are probably off.

2. Again... going by what I've seen and heard.

3. Ditto.

I took like an hour out of a lazy friday to do it and enjoyed it! I think I know more about the Bills offseason priorities than I did before.

hey just for future reference about getting people to reply, its hard to take a guy seriously when he has "robjohnson4life" as his user name hahaha, just bustin your chops lol

546259[/snapback]

I have no respect for Rob Johnson. The screenname is a prison sentence, not an exaltation.

I have no respect for Rob Johnson. The screenname is a prison sentence, not an exaltation

hey SDS, can you do something for him...i think ive seen some ppl here be able to change there names :) ....comon help him out...gotta admit that name does suck.. ;)