Travis LaTendresse

I'm not saying the Billygoats need to waste a pick on yet another reciever - but this kid put on a clinic last night. LaTendresse caught 16 passes for 214 yards and an NCAA bowl record-tying four touchdowns against 24th ranked Georgia Tech. He was open on almost every play.

Utah also produced Carolina's All-Pro Steve Smith.

I'm not saying the Billygoats need to waste a pick on yet another reciever - but this kid put on a clinic last night.  LaTendresse caught 16 passes for 214 yards and an NCAA bowl record-tying four touchdowns against 24th ranked Georgia Tech. He was open on almost every play.

545571[/snapback]

If he is there for one of our thirds, I say grab him. Anyone know where he's rated on the boards right now?

I'm not saying the Billygoats need to waste a pick on yet another reciever - but this kid put on a clinic last night. LaTendresse caught 16 passes for 214 yards and an NCAA bowl record-tying four touchdowns against 24th ranked Georgia Tech. He was open on almost every play.

I seem to remember someone else having a sick bowl game--Josh Reed. I watched the Utah game and you are right, he looked pretty unstopable yesterday. I have no idea where he's projected in the draft but I think we all agree that both lines need to be addressed first. However if Moulds isn't going to be back next year we are going to need another quality reciever, I would rather see us address that issue through free agency though because WRs generally take a few years to develop.

I seem to remember someone else having a sick bowl game--Josh Reed.  I watched the Utah game and you are right, he looked pretty unstopable yesterday.  I have no idea where he's projected in the draft but I think we all agree that both lines need to be addressed first.  However if Moulds isn't going to be back next year we are going to need another quality reciever, I would rather see us address that issue through free agency though because WRs generally take a few years to develop.

545620[/snapback]

Agreed! He might be a mid-round steal. Maybe at his size convert him to a Tight End?

I'm not saying the Billygoats need to waste a pick on yet another reciever - but this kid put on a clinic last night.  LaTendresse caught 16 passes for 214 yards and an NCAA bowl record-tying four touchdowns against 24th ranked Georgia Tech. He was open on almost every play.

545571[/snapback]

TD likes taking skilled players...you never know...

He had a great game. Bully for him if that translates into soaring up the draft boards of some teams -- but, I hope the Bills scouts aren't the overreacting knucklehead type. :lol:

LaTendresse showed he's an excellent route runner, can run to the open spots in a zone, can extend his arms out, and catch a football. His stat line, while very impressive, was made so as much by the lousy defensive scheme and total inability to adjust it during the game (the Tech coaches were thoroughly out coached in that game), the poor play of Tech's secondary, the Tech equipment manager who apparently forgot to pack the long cleats for the slick track in a soggy Emerald Bowl, the good play of the Utah line, the great play of the unknown Utah QB...

He had a great game.  Bully for him if that translates into soaring up the draft boards of some teams -- but, I hope the Bills scouts aren't the overreacting knucklehead type.  :lol:

LaTendresse showed he's an excellent route runner, can run to the open spots in a zone, can extend his arms out, and catch a football.  His stat line, while very impressive, was made so as much by the lousy defensive scheme and total inability to adjust it during the game (the Tech coaches were thoroughly out coached in that game), the poor play of Tech's secondary, the Tech equipment manager who apparently forgot to pack the long cleats for the slick track in a soggy Emerald Bowl, the good play of the Utah line, the great play of the unknown Utah QB...

545917[/snapback]

Sounds like the Bills defense this year! :D;)