What would you give up for Drew Brees?

envirojeff

Lets say that after the season, SD goes with Rivers over Brees. What would you give up for him? Maybe nothing?

I think he would be a great addition to this team. I'd give up:

First and second 2006 draft

or

Moulds, Reed and Clements

Fire away!

Jeff

Our entire draft and OLine for Brees.............and his entire offensive line because Brees would look just as Bad as JP and Cap'n DinkandDuck did this season...QB isnt going to save us...only an OL that knows how to block will.

Lets say that after the season, SD goes with Rivers over Brees. What would you give up for him? Maybe nothing?

or

Fire away!

Jeff

545500[/snapback]

Do you really think they would keep the unproven Rivers over Brees? At this time - Brees is worth way more and Rivers' value is maybe a 2nd rounder - however, you cannot move a proven young QB for an unknown qualtity....

Our entire draft and OLine for Brees.............and his entire offensive line because Brees would look just as Bad as JP and Cap'n DinkandDuck did this season...QB isnt going to save us...only an OL that knows how to block will.

545502[/snapback]

:lol:  :D

How many QBs have to be unproductive (3 in the past year) behind this OL before people start figuring out where the problem lies?

545541[/snapback]

Ah, two new converts to the church. Welcome. Pastor Bill from NYC, Deacon John from Hemet, and Reverand R. Rich are pleased to have you aboard.

Our flock is growing...

or

Fire away!

Jeff

545500[/snapback]

A case of Budlight. :lol:

LAMP, LAMP, LAMP, Don't forget 30Dive I have been screaming this for nearly two years. Even the teams with the most average QB's win when you have a quality O-line.

Hey has anyone seen this kid Collage (sp) LT Boise State play. I've seen him play about four times over the past two yeasrs (ESPN loves the smurf turf) He certainly isn't first round material but he would be a nice pick up come April.

or

Fire away!

Jeff

545500[/snapback]

Nothing- you have to build the offensive line- and draft picks are impotant- you build with youth, or you run out of cap room signing free agents

Do you really think they would keep the unproven Rivers over Brees?  At this time - Brees is worth way more and Rivers' value is maybe a 2nd rounder - however, you cannot move a proven young QB for an unknown qualtity....

545530[/snapback]

the blurbs i have heard about this say that SD will trade Rivers with his contract as is. this means that his big bonus and first couple years are allready paid, so whoever trades for rivers will have a very cap and cash friendly contract for such a high pick.

SD might be able to get a top 10 pick for him under those circumstances.

i'd expect them to go for the top LT or pass rusher available, although that jimmy williams might make a big impact because they have not had great secondary.

LAMP, LAMP, LAMP, Don't forget 30Dive I have been screaming this for nearly two years.  Even the teams with the most average QB's win when you have a quality O-line. 

Hey has anyone seen this kid Collage (sp) LT Boise State play.  I've seen him play about four times over the past two yeasrs (ESPN loves the smurf turf) He certainly isn't first round material but he would be a nice pick up come April.

545566[/snapback]

Damn! Forgot that; sorry, bud.

Pastor Bill from NYC, Deacon John from Hemet, Father 30dive and Reverand R. Rich are pleased to have you aboard.

Our flock is growing...

the blurbs i have heard about this say that SD will trade Rivers with his contract as is.  this means that his big bonus and first couple years are allready paid, so whoever trades for rivers will have a very cap and cash friendly contract for such a high pick.

SD might be able to get a top 10 pick for him under those circumstances.

i'd expect them to go for the top LT or pass rusher available, although that jimmy williams might make a big impact because they have not had great secondary.

545621[/snapback]

From talking with a couple of sports writer friends - they think his value is a second rounder at best - he's been out of football for all practicality for too long to merit a high first rounder....