After all this negativity on JP and this sudden KH

bluv

I still can't believe this discussion is happening. We bet everything on JPL, then we shoot our selves in the foot for a no upside old guy who dumps down all the time, even on 4th and 9 with the game on the line. Maybe JPL is going to become a Favre, maybe he is going to become Tim Couch, but it frustrates me so much to watch TD and MM lead this Kelly Holcomb nightmare. I'd rather have Alex Van Pelt at starter...

AD our line is just as bad and already got him knocked silly a couple times this year...If he starts fulltime behind this line, it'll be Cleveland all over again.

I'm not disputing that, though our skill position players and OLine are both superior to Cleveland's (how sad is that?). To be honest, with the exception of Tom Brady I'm not sure there is a QB in this league that could look more than competent behind this group. The guards are pretty much a joke and they're killing the guys on the edges.

Think of it this way...either way we are putting all our faith into an unproven QB (KH has shown me no proof that he can bring this team to the playoffs, i.e. NE game 1 choking in the clutch)  One is 33 and the other is 25 next season, I dont see what good it is going to do if we give the reigns to KH, let him start 2 maybe 3 seasons, then draft another QB and go through all this mess again???

This team doesn't know how to win and it's not one player. It's top to bottom and it's sad. I don't see a big reason to give up on Losman and I think if he was actually healthy he'd likely be playing.

If anyone thought this team was a playoff contender this year with either QB at the helm, well you could also tell me the flavor of Kool-Aid that TD was serving.  but there is no need to set this team back 3 more years because we might have a slightly better chance of winning 3 more games with KH than JPL.  I think it is a ludicrous idea to give up on a QB after his first 8 unconsecutive starts in this league, especially for a guy who hasn't done much of anything in 9 seasons.

545335[/snapback]

I didn't and thought the defense was incredibly overrated. It was a nice run but this team is mentally soft and that's the biggest problem. They're pretty much the anti-Sabres.

I'm not disputing that, though our skill position players and OLine are both superior to Cleveland's (how sad is that?).  To be honest, with the exception of Tom Brady I'm not sure there is a QB in this league that could look more than competent behind this group.  The guards are pretty much a joke and they're killing the guys on the edges.

This team doesn't know how to win and it's not one player.  It's top to bottom and it's sad.  I don't see a big reason to give up on Losman and I think if he was actually healthy he'd likely be playing.

I didn't and thought the defense was incredibly overrated.  It was a nice run but this team is mentally soft and that's the biggest problem.  They're pretty much the anti-Sabres.

545353[/snapback]

LOL sorry AD that whole thing wasnt directed at you, just the first paragraph

You are right though, this team is mentally soft and that has been the downfall for them. Cmon we can light up cincy but blow a 21 point lead to the Dolphins? That pretty much proves its not the talent of the team that is lacking, but the structure and character.

That responsibility of shaping the team falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff and I dont think MM really knows how to control/manage his players. Willis McGahee will is a nice example. McGahee played bad at the beginning of the year, MM called him out and he played better for a few games, then WM starts playing bad again and we've heard nothing out of MM. Mike, stop and think for a second, you lit a fire under WM's ass and he ran better than he had all season, what do you do when he slows down again??? Seems pretty simple to me, you light another fire under his ass and get him moving again.

To answer the argument that the players say they back MM 100%, well duh of course they are going to say that. Its a PR move, how many coaches do you think are going to be interested in coming to this team if it looks like management lets the players run the team and pick and choose who coaches them? Whether they truly are behind him or not we'll never truly know, but the sporadic play of this team and players pulling themselves out of games would lead me to believe they are not.

I'm less than pleased with the direction this thread has taken. In Oakland, the offense put up 17 points despite no running game and absolutely no offensive line whatsoever. Doesn't that say something positive about the passing game?

As for checkdowns, it's hard for me to believe that you can put up 300 yards on the Bengals simply by throwing for 5 yards on 3rd and 10. Holcomb has the support of his teammates, and that says a lot to me. Maybe guys who play football for a living, and who get to see Holcomb in practice every day, know a little more about him than posters on these boards.

544782[/snapback]

You might notice that the receivers played REALLY well in that game and picked up a lot of yards that Holcomb did not leave out there for them.

Holcomb DID throw short on third downs, but some great moves and bad tackling helped us a lot. That's not to say the guy's not accurate, or good at reading defenses, especially the Bengals D that he's had more experience with than most. He even made a few long-ish (25 yard) passes that were excellent and unexpected. But his decent day was made better by the fact that our top 4 receivers showed up to play, which hadn't happened on the same day this year. Holcomb needs to be given the opportunity to compete, and I have the feeling that this would motivate Losman to be that much better, and to become the QB this team needs him to be. If not, I'm all for giving it up to Holcomb until JP figures it out or goes to another team to succeed. :doh:

Considering the pansy-assed softies on this team, that is not something to brag about.

545420[/snapback]

Yeah, but check out who Holcomb's supporters have been. London Fletcher. Chris Villareal. Eric Moulds. Vilarreal has been having a lousy year, but his problems are due to old age and injury rather than a lack of mental toughness. As for London Fletcher, he's one of the toughest guys on the team.

That's not to say the guy's not accurate, or good at reading defenses, especially the Bengals D that he's had more experience with than most. 

545449[/snapback]

You may have hit on the difference between Holcomb and Bledsoe. Early in Bledsoe's Dallas career, TD said something to the effect of, "wait 'till he faces those defenses a second time around." It was something that shouldn't have been said, even though there was a lot of truth to it.

Bledsoe gets worse the more often he sees a particular defense. Holcomb, it would seem, gets better. And Marvin Lewis knows a thing or two about coaching defense, so if Holcomb can win that chess match, that's saying something.

That's alright.  You're a below average poster with below average cognitive reasoning yet we haven't benched you yet.

544883[/snapback]

If I'm so below average how come most who have WATCHED the games agree that stats don't mean everything with KH and that clearly JP has more talent. Do you and Mr Holcomb's arm have the NFL package or at least go to a bar and watch the games; those NFL primetime highlights don't do justice; especially for the Bills!

I'm less than pleased with the direction this thread has taken. In Oakland, the offense put up 17 points despite no running game and absolutely no offensive line whatsoever. Doesn't that say something positive about the passing game?

As for checkdowns, it's hard for me to believe that you can put up 300 yards on the Bengals simply by throwing for 5 yards on 3rd and 10. Holcomb has the support of his teammates, and that says a lot to me. Maybe guys who play football for a living, and who get to see Holcomb in practice every day, know a little more about him than posters on these boards.

544782[/snapback]

No point in arguing about any merits of Holcomb....people don't want what is best for the Bills, only what is best for JP!