Cmon Mike, let the kid play

muddy waters

Sorry, but I don't get starting Holcomb on Sunday. I have all the respect in the world for Holcomb being a qb who can get things done, and I don't have a problem with a compteition in training camp next year for the starting spot.

But right now, Losman needs snaps to gain experience and to earn the confidence of his teammates. I'm not surprised that the veterans on the team prefer Holcomb, but this is a meaningless game. It's a perfect opportunity to see what Losman can do and to let him learn.

I have been a supporter of Mularkey as hc, but it ticks me off if he is starting Holcomb in an effort to save his job. That's totally selfish at this point in the season. I would have much more respect for him if had the guts to stand up and support Losman. Sticking with Holcomb at this point in the seasaon is cowardly and self-centered.

Cmon Mike, look at the big picture of this team. Unless the franchise is totally giving up on Losman, there is no reason he should be sitting on the sidelines this week. He has incredible talent, but minimal experience. You don't need to see a journeyman qb this week, you need to play Losman. He's the guy the fans want to see. Let the kid play!

Sorry, but I don't  get starting Holcomb on Sunday. I have all the respect in the world for Holcomb being a qb who can get things done, and I don't have a problem with a compteition in training camp next year for the starting spot.

But right now, Losman needs snaps to gain experience and to earn the confidence of his teammates. I'm not surprised that the veterans on the team prefer Holcomb, but this is a meaningless game.  It's a perfect opportunity to see what Losman can do and to let him learn.

I have been a supporter of Mularkey as hc, but it ticks me off if he is starting Holcomb in an effort to save his job. That's totally selfish at this point in the season. I would have much more respect for him if had the guts to stand up and support Losman. Sticking with Holcomb at this point in the seasaon is cowardly and self-centered. 

Cmon Mike, look at the big picture of this team. Unless the franchise is totally giving up on Losman, there is no reason he should be sitting on the sidelines this week. He has incredible talent, but minimal experience.  You don't need to see a journeyman qb this week, you need to play Losman. He's the guy the fans want to see.  Let the kid play!

544621[/snapback]

It seems the players only care to put forth a full 100% effort when Holcomb is the starting quarterback. The clueless head coach is trying to save his job. 1 + 1 = 2.

Again, I think this is a Donahoe move.  I think he let Mularkey have his way, start Losman, drafted Parrish, and it failed.  I believe Donahoe is now controlling the team, and Mularkey will be gone, Donahoe stays.

544632[/snapback]

You're wrong. It was Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with the candlestick...