V-coach - Bills sign Crowell to extension

Coach Tuesday

Glad to hear it. Crowell has played well this year given the circumstances. Glad he's gonna be around awhile. Do you know for how long his extension was?

I'm not so sure about moving crowell over to strong side lb. Next year after we improve the dline I think Spikes should be moved to strong side. He's a better coverage backer then crowell. I think crowell lacks the strength to handle the strong side.

I'm not so sure about moving crowell over to strong side lb. Next year after we improve the dline I think Spikes should be moved to strong side. He's a better coverage backer then crowell. I think crowell lacks the strength to handle the strong side.

Spikes is a good coverage backer but Crowell has also looked very good when asked to play downfield this year. And if Posey has the strength to "handle" the strong side in the Bills scheme, Crowell will likely look like Magnus Ver Magnussen in comaprison.

Perhaps I am looking too much into this but it seems to me that if either Ralph told TD he was no longer going to be here, or TD really thought that he was gone, he may not be doing things like this. I am not saying he shouldn't be fired, I am only saying signing players to extensions when you're not going to be around doesn't seem like something many guys would do. It may lend credence to any report that Modrak was going to take over though.

Perhaps I am looking too much into this but it seems to me that if either Ralph told TD he was no longer going to be here, or TD really thought that he was gone, he may not be doing things like this. I am not saying he shouldn't be fired, I am only saying signing players to extensions when you're not going to be around doesn't seem like something many guys would do. It may lend credence to any report that Modrak was going to take over though.

544361[/snapback]

First thing I thought of..second thought was that Modrak is already in charge..

First thing I thought of..second thought was that Modrak is already in charge..

544363[/snapback]

yeah that makes alot of sense.if td really thought he was on the "hotseat" i doubt he would be locking up good young talent for us.i think he would like to raid our roster with the next team he would be gm'ing.he is already president.maybe he just handles contracts and lets modrak evaulate talent?

angelo london and spikes make up a very strong good tackling LB core

keeping sam adams and bringing in ngata and perhaps even grady/a de like abraham would let these LBs make plays all over the place like chicagos boys do.

i think being healthy and one or two additions would put our D back up into the top 5

angelo london and spikes make up a very strong good tackling LB core

keeping sam adams and bringing in ngata and perhaps even grady/a de like abraham would let these LBs make plays all over the place like chicagos boys do.

i think being healthy and one or two additions would put our D back up into the top 5

544374[/snapback]

After thinking abuot it a little, I think we go somewhere between 10-6 and 12-4 next season, and make it to the playoffs, as at least a wildcard...from there, it will be tough. I could see us winning at least one playoff game, if it is on the road, two, if we get home-field..... :lol:

Just getting into mid-August (2006) form!

After thinking abuot it a little, I think we go somewhere between 10-6 and 12-4 next season, and make it to the playoffs, as at least a wildcard...from there, it will be tough.  I could see us winning at least one playoff game, if it is on the road, two, if we get home-field..... :lol:

544380[/snapback]

I am sticking with the same 24-0 (win the preseason scrimmage) I went with this year....

After thinking abuot it a little, I think we go somewhere between 10-6 and 12-4 next season, and make it to the playoffs, as at least a wildcard...from there, it will be tough.  I could see us winning at least one playoff game, if it is on the road, two, if we get home-field..... :lol:

544380[/snapback]

Make sure to save this post so you can pull a LAME "told ya" next year! 0:)