Protesting at Bills' games and the first Amendment

I think this was covered pretty well on the other board, but it doesn't violate free speech to tell a fan he can't have or show a sign in a private establishment such as RW Stadium. That being said, people from the County Executive to many in the general public don't get it; they're still talking about restricting people from showing signs as violating the Constitution. Do Buffalo public schools still teach something about the Constitution? Or is that something they can only teach in private schools?

My Webpage

County Executive Joel Giambra said the Bills, under the lease agreement, have complete control over the stadium during a game and can set their own rules.

this pretty much covers it. do the rules sometimes suck? yeah sure.

but if you don't like the rules don't go.

Nah, protest to your government officials and make them change the laws to suit the public.  You know, like the "smoking ban."

544676[/snapback]

There is a process to get the smoking ban lifted- its called vote for different government officials

this pretty much covers it.  do the rules sometimes suck? yeah sure.

but if you don't like the rules don't go.

544638[/snapback]

They absolutely changed the story from yesterday. In yesterday's version, Giambra made the quote about the Bills being in charge of the stadium, but then expressed concerns that the Bills were violating the Constitution by throwing people out for signs and for yelling criticisms.

We should riot in the streets to take back our right to riot in the streets.  It's what we do best.

544744[/snapback]

Damn straight! We need to take RWS back for our children!

DING! My Hotpockets® done.

Oh hey, on second thought, can't riot tonite. CSI is on

On a serious note...made the news here in my little sh-- hole town of Alice Springs...and on certain government webpages....It's bigger than you think....TD may have bit a bad bite of the constitusional apple.