Other reasons for our season

oregonbbfan

After the Minnesota Superbowl, it was widely reported that a cold weather team would not get another Bowl for a long time (if ever) because the sponsors didn't like the cold.

Also, Minnesota has a dome, so the entertainers aren't out in 10F weather (once they get inside :blink: )

CW

544683[/snapback]

The neat thing about Minneapolis was that you could get all around via tunnels and skyways without actually having to go outside (much like Toronto). And the weather was not really an issue that week...cold, but much nicer than a typical lake effect winter day here in WNY (not as damp feeling).

Of course, only cites with a dome would be considered for a cold weather SB. Since they are few in number, its tough to schedule these sites very often. It will be really interesting to see how this year's game goes in Detroit.

The neat thing about Minneapolis was that you could get all around via tunnels and skyways without actually having to go outside (much like Toronto).  And the weather was not really an issue that week...cold, but much nicer than a typical lake effect winter day here in WNY (not as damp feeling).

Of course, only cites with a dome would be considered for a cold weather SB.  Since they are few in number, its tough to schedule these sites very often.  It will be really interesting to see how this year's game goes in Detroit.

544690[/snapback]

The Metrodome isn't connected via the Skyway, and they had a lot of events in St. Paul (Winter Carnival - I hope you saw the Ice Palace!). Overall though, you're right - you don't have to go outside much unless you want to. :blink:

(I live here. Unfortunatley, didn't move here until '94, so I missed the Superbowl hoopla :doh: ).

CW