Cell Phones

30dive

Just a Reminder---- THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY, ALL CELL PHONE NUMBERS ARE BEING RELEASED TO TELEMARKETING COMPANIES AND YOU WILL START TO RECEIVE SALE CALLS........YOU COULD BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS......

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for 5 years.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS OR GO TO: http://www.donotcall.gov/

To register multiple phones go to the web site! It is very easy and you can register three numbers at a time and repeat the process as many times as you need to. I just registered nine phones and it took me maybe 5 minutes.

I did it on the National Do Not Call registry and went to dot gov thing and printed the reciept at the government site. If scammed oh well, but the goverment site looked pretty extensive...Check it out and tell me I'm crazy...check that I know I'm crazy, ah just tell me what you think.

-30-

SO my understanding nmow is......There is no deadline, and you really don't have to do this if you trust the communications companies do what they say, but the site I referered to to is a real government site. Phewww!

Here's the truth:

A national directory will be compiled, but numbers will be included on an opt-in basis. If a cell phone subscriber does nothing, the number will not be listed. When the directory is ready, it will be available only as part of the existing 411 directory service, accessed by calling in and asking for a specific number. It will not be published in a book or on the Internet. And it will not be sold to telemarketers.

Cell phone subscribers can list their numbers on the do-not-call registry if they choose, but there is no deadline to get on the list, as the e-mail messages now circulating suggest

SO my understanding nmow is......There is no deadline, and you really don't have to do this if you trust the communications companies do what they say, but the site I referered to to is a real government site.  Phewww!

The web site is real because that is the site for the existing Do Not Call list program that has been in force for about 3 years. But that list is only for your home number, not your cell. It works great....I stopped getting telemarketer calls at home the day I signed up.

It sounds like the cell directory project is on hold, but even if it wasn't, that website wouldn't be applicable. Registering your cell phone there doesn't do anything.