Holiday Bowl tomorrow

scribo

You can watch Kiwanuka today as BC faces Boise State in the MPC Computer Bowl at 4:30 today.

544053[/snapback]

I don't think that Williams or Kiwanuka get past Detroit or Arizona.

I would rather have either one of these two over Nagata due to the fact that it seems like in the NFL a de has a greater impact sooner than a top flight dt. I would like to see TD or whoever the gm is address the dt position via fa. Plus we need the pass rusher opposite of Shobel, which is just gonna make Aaron that much better.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we trade down a name to remember is Joe Thomas. He is an OT from Wisconsin, who is very similar to a player on our roster, Jason Peters. He started at Wisconsin as a TE, but shifted over to OT this year and excelled. He has nothing but upside because his 6-8 frame allows him to get a lot bigger then he is now at 307. Plus you always know with Wisconsin players your getting a guy with a ton of determination and a strong work ethic. There is a chance we might be able to trade for him as I see his stock sky rocketing as we get closer to the draft. One catch though is that he is a junior, but a lot of experts expect him to declare.

You can watch him in the Capital One Bowl, Monday on ABC.

If we trade down a name to remember is Joe Thomas.  He is an OT from Wisconsin, who is very similar to a player on our roster, Jason Peters.  He started at Wisconsin as a TE, but shifted over to OT this year and excelled.  He has nothing but upside because his 6-8 frame allows him to get a lot bigger then he is now at 307.  Plus you always know with Wisconsin players your getting a guy with a ton of determination and a strong work ethic.  There is a chance we might be able to trade for him as I see his stock sky rocketing as we get  closer to the draft.  One catch though is that he is a junior, but a lot of experts expect him to declare.

You can watch him in the Capital One Bowl, Monday on ABC.

544096[/snapback]

Joe Thomas, eh? I've heard of him.

To Buffalo (hoping against hope!!!)???? 

Seriously, I think that if he declares, he'll probably be another 2nd-3rd round guy.  He has a ton of upside, and most teams will notice.

544136[/snapback]

http://www.football.com/draft/2006/mccollom_mocks.shtml

This guy who really know his stuff has him as the #2 OT in the draft. And if you look at his mock draft..guess who picks him.

I also see him as a first rounder but right now in the 15-25 range.

http://www.football.com/draft/2006/mccollom_mocks.shtml

This guy who really know his stuff has him as the #2 OT in the draft.  And if you look at his mock draft..guess who picks him.

I also see him as a first rounder but right now in the 15-25 range.

544145[/snapback]

I could see it, I guess. Tackles do usually get overvalued (see Alex Barron) and, @ times, get taken higher than they probably should.

I could see it, I guess.  Tackles do usually get overvalued (see Alex Barron) and, @ times, get taken higher than they probably should.

544151[/snapback]

What's encouraging about that list is some of those guys at the bottom played good football in college and have real ability. This is really a deep year for OT. I see value into the 3rd round.

I'm looking at more than a dozen different players as our top pick. Several OL and a few DL.  Let's keep an open mind and be realistic in our expectations.

543983[/snapback]

Damn you, are you just trying to soften the blow when we pick another GD wide receiver? :lol:

i think ngata is exactly the type of guy that would just set off our entire D

i think we can grab

SS/MLB

and 2 OTs/OGs

with the rest of our day 1 picks and end up with 4 players making contributions and making us a better team right away.

throw in hutch/bently and a new coaching staff, and we got a team!!

You can watch Kiwanuka today as BC faces Boise State in the MPC Computer Bowl at 4:30 today.

544053[/snapback]

I watched Kiwanuka (and Watson) last night. I thought he looked as if he was playing at a speed much slower than ever seen in an NFL game. He didn't appear to really be going all out on every play. He only had one solo tackle and one assist, and zero sacks.

Now Watson looked much faster than I was expecting. He was making plays from sideline to sideline, and he was the obvious on-field player. But...he didn't start. As soon as he came in though he was chasing the Nebraska QB all over the place. I was impressed.

I watched Kiwanuka (and Watson) last night. I thought he looked as if he was playing at a speed much slower than ever seen in an NFL game. He didn't appear to really be going all out on every play. He only had one solo tackle and one assist, and zero sacks.

Now Watson looked much faster than I was expecting. He was making plays from sideline to sideline, and he was the obvious on-field player. But...he didn't start. As soon as he came in though he was chasing the Nebraska QB all over the place. I was impressed.

544627[/snapback]

Wow ! I have the exact OPPOSITE view. Kiwanuka was in the Boise St. backfield all night and showed bigtime hustle.

Watson played about half the snaps and was OK. The classic boom or bust type.

I don't think that Williams or Kiwanuka get past Detroit or Arizona.

I would rather have either one of these two over Nagata due to the fact that it seems like in the NFL a de has a greater impact sooner than a top flight dt.  I would like to see TD or whoever the gm is address the dt position via fa.  Plus we need the pass rusher opposite of Shobel, which is just gonna make Aaron that much better.

544062[/snapback]

Why would 'Zona need a DE when have Bertrard Berry and Chike Okeafor? I could see them going for Ngata though as they're a bit weaker on the inside of the D-line. Though I really suspect they'd take RB DeAngelo Williams unless a QB like Vince Young fell to them.

In terms of the Bills, I think they should take the best lineman available and based on their current draft position feel that's going to be OT Eric Winston.

Why would 'Zona need a DE when have Bertrard Berry and Chike Okeafor? I could see them going for Ngata though as they're a bit weaker on the inside of the D-line. Though I really suspect they'd take RB DeAngelo Williams unless a QB like Vince Young fell to them.

In terms of the Bills, I think they should take the best lineman available and based on their current draft position feel that's going to be OT Eric Winston.

544691[/snapback]

Why does Detroit take a top prospect wr every year? Best available, that's why. Since when have we drafted for need?

Check out Winston as well when the Canes play LSU. He had a great year last year before his injury. He took some time to get back to his pre-injury level, but is coming along nicely.

LSU should be a good test for him.