For those who have an interest:

richNjoisy

Five teams have a chance to finish the season with the worst record and get the first pick in the 2006 NFL draft. Ties are broken by measuring the strength of schedule. The team with the weakest schedule get the best draft pick (note that SOS is based on games through week 16)

Team Next Opponent SOS

Houston(2-13) @ San Francisco(3-12) .556

New Orleans(3-12) @ Tampa(10-5) .507

Green Bay(3-12) vs Seattle(13-2) .520

Jetssuckssuckssucks(3-12) vs Buffalo(5-10) .547

San Francisco(3-12) vs Houston(2-13) .573

Soooo, for the Jets to win the BushBowl, they must lose to Buffalo (doable) and Houston must beat San Francisco. Also, New Orleans must beat Tampa (very unlikely) and green Bay must beat Seattle (certainly possible since Seattle is sitting everyone this Sunday)

The most likely scenario, IMO, is Houston "wins" the Bushbowl by losing to San Franciso, New orleans comes in second by losing to Tampa. I still think Green Bay loses against Seattle's third string.

Under this scenario, Jets get the fourth pick in this April's draft. Bills will draft around 10-12 I think. That Tennesee third round pick is looking awfully "tasty" these days! It should be around 68-70 so Bills will pick at ~ 12, 44, 69, 76 (Howsabout 3 offensive linemen and 1 defensive tackle??). Keep Gandy, Peters and release Williams, Anderson, let Teague walk. And STILL sign one free agent offensive tackle at least.

Under this scenario, Jets get the fourth pick in this April's draft. Bills will draft around 10-12 I think. That Tennesee third round pick is looking awfully "tasty" these days! It should be around 68-70 so Bills will pick at ~ 12, 44, 69, 76  (Howsabout 3 offensive linemen and 1 defensive tackle??). Keep Gandy, Peters and release Williams, Anderson, let Teague walk. And STILL sign one free agent offensive tackle at least.

543897[/snapback]

Somehow releasing Mike Williams seems bizzarre...especially considering that

our Running Game has gone SOUTH ever since he was demoted from the RT

position. I am sure McGahee has the same view.

I still think MW can play dominating football and needs a good coach to put him

through the workouts...My feeling is there is more happening at OBD that that

meets the common eye. May be MW is refusing to take a pay cut and making

the bills pay through their nose for an underachieving player...

For the 8 games that Peters has played at RT, I haven't seen any improvement

in the Run blocking.....Until than annoiting Peters as the starting RT for next

year seems absurd.

For the 8 games that Peters has played at RT, I haven't seen any improvement

in the Run blocking.....Until than annoiting Peters as the starting RT for next

year seems absurd.

543905[/snapback]

Peters seemed to be getting less help from the TEs, etc. against the Bengals, and he did well, this against some pretty good competition.

Admittedly, it is hard to tell on TV, but I focused on him as much as I could. He seems to be getting better.

Williams simply costs too much. Supposedly, the amount of a paycut that a player can take is limited by the collective bargaining agreement. As for an extension, I would hate to see the Bills postpone the inevitable, which is to take the hit from the signing bonus and cut bait.

the jets really don't need new orleans to win, as long as Houston and Green Bay win (providing the Jets lose to Buffalo.) That would give the jets the #2 spot, and there isn't a chance that New Orleans will draft Bush....I guarantee they go QB.