"Jesus Is Magic"

Buftex

Excellent.

Love the old Vinyl. It's a pity my kid will never know what a record or cassette is.

:doh:

544277[/snapback]

I hung on to a couple turntables, still have a nice cassette player, and even 8 track / receiver combos. Babyrock used to rant that we were the only family left in the world that did not have a CD player. AFTER I got the CD player, she discovered Sgt Pepper, Dark Side of the Moon, Moondog Matinee, and some other vinly and loved it.

I am currently restoring an old stereo hi-fi that comes in a wooden cabinet that must be 60" L x 30" W x 36" H. Gotta get me some tubes. :blink:

By the way if you like Cosby - check out Sinbad. :lol:

Good for you. You find obnoxious vulgarity amusing. I'm sure you probably think of Mapplethorpe as an "artist", too.

I, for one, appreciate REAL creativity.

And Darin....got a link to this Bob and Tom stuff?

544563[/snapback]

Obnoxious vulgarity can be funny, just like Bill Cosby, or Seinfeld (another who tells no dick jokes), taken in context...when did you become such a puritan? Was it about the time your wife busted you making "Babe of the Day" threads? :doh:

Obnoxious vulgarity can be funny, just like Bill Cosby, or Seinfeld (another who tells no dick jokes), taken in context...when did you become such a puritan?  Was it about the time your wife busted you making "Babe of the Day" threads?  :doh:

545114[/snapback]

LOL

I've told her of my responsibilities. I'm not a puritan. I don't care if comedians curse, some cursing is necessary. But to base an entire act on how shocking one can be, that just doesn't appeal to me as comedy.

I LOVE Sarah Silverman. The movie was pretty good, but the non-standup parts sucked. Her super-ironic comedy is the stuff you'll either love or hate. I know people who can watch a whole Borat skit on the ali g show and not laugh at all, which for the life of my I can't comprehend....

Sarah was briefly on Saturday Night Live and I don't remember anything she did.  She wasn't featured and probably didn't need to stick it out for her chance for more air time...

545638[/snapback]

She was actually more a writer, and part time cast member for 1 year...I think the youngest writer in the shows' history...I don't think she is particularly proud of the association. I think it was during the Charles Rocket era! Nuff said...

I LOVE Sarah Silverman. The movie was pretty good, but the non-standup parts sucked.  Her super-ironic comedy is the stuff you'll either love or hate. I know people who can watch a whole Borat skit on the ali g show and not laugh at all, which for the life of my I can't comprehend....

545446[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree about the non-standup segments. Her comedy is all in her delivery, not necessarily the jokes. When you take her strength out of the mix, it doesn't work as well...still cute as all hell though!

I too love Borat (and the whole Ali G experince- not the movie though, bloody awful!), and I don't normally go for that stunt, "busted" kind of humour. The characters are just so funny, and Cohen stays in character so well...one of the funniest things I have ever seen was the bit where Borat goes to the Little Rock, Arkansas (I think) chamber of commerce...don't remember the entire bit, but it ends with Borat kneeling in front of some old guy, forehead on the ground, asking for a pat on the head....truly the cinema of the uncomfortable...

Anyone remember the joke Greg Giraldi told about her P%$^#Y drying up on the Roast of Pam Anderson?

back when she was doing standup (when she was 19 or so) she had a reputation for sleeping around with all the club owners to get gigs...she even sort of admits it now...