Profiles in Christianity

Mickey

What Mickey did is actually fundamental logic. He was using those wacko's own literature (the Bible) to point out an inherent contradiction in their thinking. Mickey doesn't have to buy their logic to do that; he's just noting the inconsistency in their own thinking.

543378[/snapback]

:D

when will the so called self proclaimed intellectuals on this board that consistently proclaim the Bible as wacko literature and contradictory ever take some time away from their Anton LeVey reading to do a study on Dispensational Truth?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when will the so called self proclaimed intellectuals on this board that consistently proclaim the Bible as wacko literature and contradictory ever take some time away from their Anton LeVey reading to do a study on Dispensational Truth?

543383[/snapback]

Actually, he didn't proclaim the Bible as wacko. He proclaimed VABills as wacko.

Geez, can't anyone read today? :D

Please show where it is that I have ever rejected Matthew 21:12 in the past and now embrace its teachings?  Better yet, you apparently have reached a conclusion as to the merits of my faith including its sincerity.  Totally inappropriate I think for this board but if that is the can of worms you want to open up, fine, show me what scriptures I have supposedly rejected that was the basis for your position.  Isn't there something in the commandments about bearing false witness?  Oh, wait, I'm not allowed to quote scripture according to you, the self appointed judge of such things.

Don't you get it? I am not professing the principles inherent in the quote (see CTM's explanation), I presented it simply to show he was twisting the proverb by using the word "attack" so that it meant something it didn't.  Was there a better way to show that he was wrong besides presenting the quote from the bible?  Am I not allowed to do that unless I am christian enough for you?

543380[/snapback]

oh.....are you a christian? you must be one of these firebombing nuts then.

Actually, he didn't proclaim the Bible as wacko.  He proclaimed VABills as wacko.

Geez, can't anyone read today?  :D

543386[/snapback]

Maybe I am a wacko, but I don't go around killing little kids, who can't defend themselves, nor support the idiots who think it is okay to do so.

Who is the wacko here, Tommy boy?

Actually, he didn't proclaim the Bible as wacko.  He proclaimed VABills as wacko.

Geez, can't anyone read today?  :D

543386[/snapback]

What Mickey did is actually fundamental logic. He was using those wacko's own literature (the Bible) to point out an inherent contradiction in their thinking. Mickey doesn't have to buy their logic to do that; he's just noting the inconsistency in their own thinking.

unless VA was referred to as "their" i think you are wrong on this one.

oh.....are you a christian?  you must be one of these firebombing nuts then.

543390[/snapback]

How can one be Christian and support abortion? I believe the Bible has enough indicators that to show that abortion (killing) is a sin. I also believe that there is a passage to the effect of killing his children is the worst sin of all.

Maybe I am a wacko, but I don't go around killing little kids, who can't defend themselves, nor support the idiots who think it is okay to do so. 

Who is the wacko here, Tommy boy?

543393[/snapback]

I didn't call you a wacko, I said Hamilton called you a wacko.

But, if it makes you feel any more vindicated: you're a wacko.

How can one be Christian and support abortion?  I believe the Bible has enough indicators that to show that abortion (killing) is a sin.  I also believe that there is a passage to the effect of killing his children is the worst sin of all.

543395[/snapback]

There's also a passage where God sends bears to rip apart 40 kids who are making fun of a bald guy. 2 Kings 2:23-24:

23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

And then there's Psalms 137:9:

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

I'd say the Bible's a little...well...ambiguous on the subject.

There's also a passage where God sends bears to rip apart 40 kids who are making fun of a bald guy.

543405[/snapback]

It was 42, get your facts straight. Secondly, the story, is about Elisha who while being taunted about being bald was in fact being kept from spreading the word to the people of Bethal, which was a center of sin at the time. Hence God removed the "road block" and Elisha went on to teach on Mount Carmel.

But go ahead and change the facts to suit your need again.

You mean like Jesus firebombing the merchants at the temple because they were sinners? 

What book was that in?  The Gospel according to Rambo?

543415[/snapback]

Hold on a second. There is no way that The Gospel accourding to Rambo is canonical. It may have all gone down just as Sly said so, but that doesn't mean we have to believe it.

543383[/snapback]

Who the eff is Anton LeVey and where was I when the "self proclaimed intellectuals" proclaiming "the Bible as wacko literature" thread was active?

How did I miss that one?

Who the eff is Anton LeVey and where was I when the "self proclaimed intellectuals" proclaiming "the Bible as wacko literature" thread was active?

How did I miss that one?

543432[/snapback]

Start a thread with Jesus, abortion, firebombing, and homosexuality in the first paragraph and wait for ferment... :D

How can one be Christian and support abortion?  I believe the Bible has enough indicators that to show that abortion (killing) is a sin.  I also believe that there is a passage to the effect of killing his children is the worst sin of all.

543395[/snapback]

Well, I guess if I don't agree with your version and interpretation of christianity, I must not be a good christian. You must therfore indeed be holier than me.

And that my friends is ultimately the argument on abortion from the VABills wing of the debate. He says it is wrong, un-christian and even worthy of the attention of a firebombing Jesus. I or you or others might disagree to one extent or another but that matters not. We are all wrong. He is right because he is more christian than I or you.

I think it is wrong but I think I have no right to decide that for others who don't share my beliefs. I don't claim to be holier than thou and therefore able to condemn those with whom I disagree to the firebombers of the world.

My thanks to VA for getting to the point so quickly.

There's also a passage where God sends bears to rip apart 40 kids who are making fun of a bald guy.  2 Kings 2:23-24:

And then there's Psalms 137:9:

543405[/snapback]

Well, there you go again, quoting the bible for the nefarious purpose of showing what the bible says. :D

Well, I guess if I don't agree with your version and interpretation of christianity, I must not be a good christian.  You must therfore indeed be holier than me. 

And that my friends is ultimately the argument on abortion from the VABills wing of the debate.  He says it is wrong, un-christian and even worthy of the attention of a firebombing Jesus.  I or you or others might disagree to one extent or another but that matters not.  We are all wrong.  He is right because he is more christian than I or you.

I think it is wrong but I think I have no right to decide that for others who don't share my beliefs.  I don't claim to be holier than thou and therefore able to condemn those with whom I disagree to the firebombers of the world.

My thanks to VA for getting to the point so quickly.

543443[/snapback]

Where did I say I was "more" Christian then anyone, little man? I said I don't see how anyone who condones the murder of children can call themselves Christian. But alas, the wolf called himself a sheep.

Yet you condemn the firebombers asking how they can be so holy as to do that while condemning abortion.

Hypocrisy is thy name.