The Calls to Declare Holcomb the QB are stupid

This true not because JP Losman is a better QB (He is not).

It's not even true because JP is the hope for the future (maybe he is and may be he isn't)

This thinking is stupid because the primary problem the Bills had with their QB selection this year was that the decision about who was the 2005 starter was made in the front office based on contract and in the papers based on who is this week's flavor rather than the decision being made on the field by who produces.

I'm fine with Holcomb being the QB against the Jets this weekend, because he demonstrably is a better QB of the Bills right now and quite frankly this game does not matter in terms of the standings.

Start Holcomb and see how it goes and get in JP for some practice if the game is a blow out for the Bills or for the Jets.

Its simply silly to declare one of these two players our QB for next year when we have seen nothing of how these two players perform next year come mini-camps and training camp.

I agree with Marv that in general when you have two starting QBs you have no starting QBs. However, this team has no need to select a starting QB until after the first two pre-season games or until after the draft at the earliest.

A QB controversy between these two right now is so pre-mature it ain't evenm funny and seems to me a lot more about selling ads in the paper or on TV rather than about football.

This true not because JP Losman is a better QB  (He is not).

It's not even true because JP is the hope for the future (maybe he is and may be he isn't)

This thinking is stupid because the primary problem the Bills had with their QB selection this year was that the decision about who was the 2005 starter was made in the front office based on contract and in the papers based on who is this week's flavor rather than the decision being made on the field by who produces.

I'm fine with Holcomb being the QB against the Jets this weekend, because he demonstrably is a better QB of the Bills right now and quite frankly this game does not matter in terms of the standings.

Start Holcomb and see how it goes and get in JP for some practice if the game is a blow out for the Bills or for the Jets.

Its simply silly to declare one of these two players our QB for next year when we have seen nothing of how these two players perform next year come mini-camps and training camp.

I agree with Marv that in general when you have two starting QBs you have no starting QBs.  However, this team has no need to select a starting QB until after the first two pre-season games or until after the draft at the earliest.

A QB controversy between these two right now is so pre-mature it ain't evenm funny and seems to me a lot more about selling ads in the paper or on TV rather than about football.

543020[/snapback]

Everything you say is true....I was all in favor of benching Losman after week 4. IMO, he showed measurable improvement once he returned to the starting line-up. Holcomb is still the better QB, but in week 16, Losman really should start. Beating the Jets will do nothing to help this team (and I highly doubt that Ralph is basing his decision on what to do with MM and TD next week is based on whether the team wins five games, or six). I also agree that there should be an open competition going into next season. However, Holcomb is what he is, and is not going to improve a lot at this point in his career. We know what he can do. Losman still has some room to grow. He should get the start next week, if he is healthy. At this point, this team is playing for next year...

That is where I am on this as well....

I am all for an open competition for our QB spot......I have a lot of confidence that Losman will win it....

Holcomb is simply NOT the QB we are looking for......he has a great mind for the position.....but gets hurt too much....and his arm is weak taking away from what we can do on the field.......

JPL just needs time.....I think he will be just fine.