Serenity, the series

Zona

My wife gave it to me for Christmas, and I was wondering about the Chronology of the DVD. They have the episodes out of order on the Discs. My question to anybody who has the series is this. Should I watch the episodes by the Air-date of the episodes, or by the order they have them on the DVD's?

My wife gave it to me for Christmas, and I was wondering about the Chronology of the DVD. They have the episodes out of order on the Discs. My question to anybody who has the series is this. Should I watch the episodes by the Air-date of the episodes, or by the order they have them on the DVD's?

542789[/snapback]

Watch them in the order they have them on the DVD. Fox showed the series out of order.

OK. We just finished the Series.

We LOVED it. I cant believe Fox dumped this. It was great. That just shows how goramn stoopid the networks are. Jayne is the best. And Jaynestown made me friggin LMAO.

Maybe "Serenity" will peak enough interest that someone will pick the Series back up.....

OK. We just finished the Series.

We LOVED it. I cant believe Fox dumped this. It was great. That just shows how goramn stoopid the networks are. Jayne is the best. And Jaynestown made me friggin LMAO.

Maybe "Serenity" will peak enough interest that someone will pick the Series back up.....

546286[/snapback]

Serenity and Firefly are still #2 and #3 respectively on the Amazon sales list... Not sure if that will mean anything, but we can hope.

Spread the word - you can't stop the signal.

CW

Spread the word - you can't stop the signal.

546288[/snapback]

I read an interview a month or 2 ago with Wheadon, who said he's moving on to other projects and Serenity/Firefly is done

In terms you Kirk phr34ks can understand...It's dead Jim :)

I read an interview a month or 2 ago with Wheadon, who said he's moving on to other projects and Serenity/Firefly is done

In terms you Kirk phr34ks can understand...It's dead Jim :)

546640[/snapback]

That was a misquote from some entertainment magazine (EW I think). He said that wasn't true, and in fact there's an interview in TVGuide (from a week before the DVD was released) where he said he hopes it can continue, but that will depend on DVD sales because the movie didn't do as well as people had hoped.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/defaul...1}&cmsSrch=true

TVGuide.com: Are you considering any future installments of the Serenity/Firefly franchise?

Whedon: It's hard to say. I think the DVD sales will have a lot to say about that. Are there more stories to tell? You bet. Would I love to tell them and work with everyone again? The answer is also yup. Now, the movie did not get a huge amount of people out to see it. We'll need the DVD to make the money back. But I rule out nothing. I think it's the type of movie that can be discovered on DVD. It has definitely affected the people who have seen it.

In addition, Joss' post on the Browncoats site:

I'll do my best to tell stories that cause as much trouble as this one did. And if I ever get the chance to return to this one... in case it was ever unclear due to shoddy journalism, sign me right the hell up.

http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sereni...ewtopic&t=27565

(you need to login to read the post)

CW

I bought the movie today at the px. We're going to watch it tonight.... I'm pretty pumped judging by everyones reviews of it on here...

546736[/snapback]

Let us know what you think. :)

You'll want to get the series when you're done -- I thought the movie was very good, but the (short lived :D ) series was even better. ;)

CW

I dunno, Fez. Thats a tough call as to which was better. The Series did a fine job of showing the 'verse and all its little quirks. The Movie was just a 2 hour episode with more money spent on the effects.

Either way, the money and time I have spent on the DVD's have been well spent. I loved 'em both