Who Do you Start?

Frez

Who would you start at QB this week vs Jets?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start at QB this week vs Jets?

• Holcomb
    • Losman

JP should start, no questions asked. What does a win by Holcomb do for this team except create controversy. IT will probably save MM's ass tho if we win, so i will not be shocked when MM says "JP isnt ready" and gives Holcomb the start.

IMHO ...... MM can't start JP next week, it could very well end in disaster.

Let me paint a picture .......

After Holcombs performance in last weeks game against Cinci, he is pulled and JP starts this weekends game against the Jets.

For some "inexplanable reason", the Bills decide to play this game like they've played so many season ending games the last few years (visions of getting spanked by the Steelers scrubs last year) and truely "run for the bus". They play like a team who really doesn't like the way their head coach treats the vets, they play like a team who doesn't particularly like, if not JP himself, at least the way he was "handed the job", they play like a team pretty much in disarray just trying to end the season.

In an equally inexplanable reason, the Jets play for pride in their last home game .... they play to show their appreciation to their fans who've show loyalty through a season of dibilitating injuries .... they play to show their appreciation to their coach who has believed in them throughout the season, they play to show that they are a prideful bunch with heart.

Now picture the Bills getting spanked in a monumental fashion .......

Next picture the field day the press and fans will have "comparing" Holcombs and Losmans seasons ........... ugly at best ..... agree???

Now I'm not saying this WILL happen, it's not a prediction ...... but you must admit, it's within the realm of possibilities.

Then again ................ what happens if Holcomb starts .......... and wonder of wonder we do well ................

I can almost see the JP vs Holcomb battle lines forming ..... this could turn ugly

Why would you keep JP on the bench if he's healthy and ready to go? The only reason I can even think of is that is Mike Mularkeys best chance to keep his job in Buffalo. I firmly believe JP could have played last week vs the Bengals.

Why would you keep JP on the bench if he's healthy and ready to go? The only reason I can even think of is that is Mike Mularkeys best chance to keep his job in Buffalo. I firmly believe JP could have played last week vs the Bengals.

542752[/snapback]

Why? JP was healthy last week. He said he isnt allowed to play. The Jets arent going to beat anyone, remember they are in the reggie bush lottery, they wont blow that for a win.

Why? JP was healthy last week. He said he isnt allowed to play. The Jets arent going to beat anyone, remember they are in the reggie bush lottery, they wont blow that for a win.

542762[/snapback]

and they beat oakland because? NFL Teams don't purposly tank games contrary to the belief of some fans. Yes some teams when they're no longer in it play with lack of effort I don't see that with the jets. They respect Herm Edwards and will play tough for him till the season is offically over for them.

Edit: And To answer the holcomb losman question I'd play losman, but I'd have an open qb competition next year. I'm not a believer in playing someone cause of draft status regardless of what you gave up. Going into the season you play the best person for the job, whether thats the kid or the vet.

If JP can play, he should start. There is not a huge difference between 5-11 and 6-10

I kind of find it hard to believe that MM's fate rides on the result of next weeks game.

It is possible the Holcomb may give them the proverbial "better chance to win" next week, but the more time JP gets in at this point, the better chance he has at jump starting his career next season, for whoever is the coach.

Unlike a lot here, I really don't sense that the Bills have "quit" on Mularkey. Even before the Bengals win, they played hard against Denver. I think Ralph Wilson had been around long enough to see that. Unless Wilson just hates Losman (which I don't sense at all) I am sure he can see the logic of playing Losman. And lord knows, Ralph has been around enough to understand how to deal with a losing team....

I wholeheartly say J.P., but I am sure Mularkey is going to ignore what is best for the team and instead focus on what may be best from himself, so he'll start Holcomb.

This is why a good GM or owner steps in and fires a coach as soon as it is evident that it needs to be done. If Ralph has already decided that MM needs to go, then he should have already fired him -- don't wait around and let the guy waste prime opportunities to further develop and evaluate your first round draft pick QB. If Ralph hasn't decided, well then I understand why he won't live to see his bust in Canton.

JP should start, no questions asked. What does a win by Holcomb do for this team except create controversy. IT will probably save MM's ass tho if we win, so i will not be shocked when MM says "JP isnt ready" and gives Holcomb the start.

542729[/snapback]

There already is a QB controversey. Sal Maiorana has said so in about three columns now. :lol:

Start JP. If he cannot lead this team to beat the Jets, they will all be running for the short bus.

We gain NOTHING by starting Holcomb.  If JP is healthy, get 'em in there.

542731[/snapback]

Gaining NOTHING is what we do best.

Holcomb probably will start, while JP will continue to be a mystery. Must be a Tulane thing.....Patrick Ramsey is being jerked around in a similar fashion in Washington.

I don't know why so many of you assume that Mularkey will put his own welfare ahead of that of the team. I just don't see that in him. He may make some bad decisions, but he's not a villian.

Most of the bad decisions in the world are made by people who think they are doing the right thing. If you don't get that, I don't trust your ability to evaluate character.