I feel bad for Farve

Adam

If Favre were on Buffalo this year, and playing the way he is, we'd be running him out of town.

CW

542715[/snapback]

That is true, but I don't believe he would be playing this way if he was QB'ing the Bills this year. As awful as the Bills might be, their offensive line is about on equal level, and the Bills have a ton more talent, offensively, than the Packers. My point was, if Favre was on a better team, he wouldn't be chucking up all of these interceptions. He has take on a mind set of "desperation" in Green Bay, because they just are that bad all the way around. He is playing with the weight of the whole franchise on his shoulders. His problems are not physical, but his mental mind set. I am sure that all of the "manly football love" that is heaped on him, week after week, is as damaging to his game, as we are sick of hearing it.

I think Favre has been a great player over the years. For his own sake, I think he should hang it up, if his only option is to return to the Packers. He may be more identified with his team than almost any athlete in team sports (like Bird and the Celtics, or Magic and the Lakers), so I can't see him agreeing to play anywhere else. I still think he could succeed somewhere else. Green Bay is just flat out awful all the way around, on both sides of the ball....