What happened to M (Mediocre) TV?

Adam

That channel has no creativity to it at all- they just put mindless trash on it......its amazing how many people will accept mediocrity, and not be smart enough to realize thats what it is.

Everybody associated with that channel is a moron

That channel has no creativity to it at all- they just put mindless trash on it......its amazing how many people will accept mediocrity, and not be smart enough to realize thats what it is.

Everybody associated with that channel is a moron

542477[/snapback]

All they're trying to do is sell sex now. I love half naked girls just as much as the next guy, but when 3/4 of the shows on that channel are reality programs that sound something like "If he picks me, we'll watch TV together and then he can flip me over for some hot back-door loving", it just gets OLD.

They ought to take "Music" television out of the name, I think "Teen-Sex Pushing Mindless look-what-she-has-that-you-don't diet-at-all-costs you-deserve-no-self-esteem TV" is a *much* better name. Oh, with popular bands providing the sound track. :angry:

A year or so ago, I came across a story about MTV. In it, a fellow claimed that years ago, the MTV owners decided to be an outfit that would convince the viewers in any way possible, to buy their advertiser's products to get the advertiser $$$'s in their pockets. I don't think their target market are much in the way of wage earners, but evidently that market gets cash from the adults (fools) in their lives to make it profitable.

Hawking to kids is easy...they always go for the glitter, not experienced enough to think that there might be a barbed hook in the lure. Any parent that pat-a-pats their kids and refuses to realize that even the most level-headed ones are wet behind the ears, and don't have much life experience under their belts, deserve a baseball bat to the head.

Kids are impressionable idiots - always have been, always will be.

EDIT: Now that I think, that story about MTV was linked here by some poster. Credit due!

Edited by stuckincincy

The last decent thing I saw on MTV was Beavis and Butthead and that was about ten years ago.

542706[/snapback]

What are they programming nowadays? Last time I checked, MTV was running one long, constant, never-ending Spring Break wet t-shirt special. Aside from that and their awards no one ever pays attention to, do they ever show anything else?

MTv peaked with Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" video. Since then it's been all downhill.

A year or so ago, I came across a story about MTV. In it, a fellow claimed that years ago, the MTV owners decided to be an outfit that would convince the viewers in any way possible, to buy their advertiser's products to get the advertiser $$$'s in their pockets. I don't think their target market are much in the way of wage earners, but evidently that market gets cash from the adults (fools) in their lives to make it profitable.

Hawking to kids is easy...they always go for the glitter, not experienced enough to think that there might be a barbed hook in the lure. Any parent that pat-a-pats their kids and refuses to realize that even the most level-headed ones are wet behind the ears, and don't have much life experience under their belts, deserve a baseball bat to the head.

Kids are impressionable idiots - always have been, always will be.

542748[/snapback]

I buy it (no pun...). The whole freakin' station stinks of it. I'd argue that 90% of their shows are all about product placement, too. You know, the hot girl wearing an Abercrombie and Fitch halter and a pair of CK daisy-dukes, drinking a Mountain Dew, referencing Jessica Simpson.

They've got a show called "Room Raiders" which is about the worst. Anyone ever see that Gem?

What are they programming nowadays?  Last time I checked, MTV was running one long, constant, never-ending Spring Break wet t-shirt special.  Aside from that and their awards no one ever pays attention to, do they ever show anything else?

MTv peaked with Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" video.  Since then it's been all downhill.

542830[/snapback]

Close. The peak had to be the greatest (spoof of a) game show ever made - Remote Control. The greatest episode had to be the one where the 3 contestants had 1 correctly answered question at the 1st commercial break. Ken punted all 3 and finished the show with 3 people from the audience as contestants.

They've got a show called "Room Raiders" which is about the worst. Anyone ever see that Gem?

542889[/snapback]

Yes, and there's always a lingerie drawer involved, it seems. All well and good, but it's mindless drivel. Except the episode with the hot lesbians was pretty funny. :lol:

Even worse is "My Super Sweet 16". The network broadcast a marathon of that show today. For those who don't know, "16" is a profile of spoiled, sorry rich chicks (one per episode) about to celebrate her 16th birthday, complete with a huge party that costs more than most people's weddings and completely clueless parents who are trying to be their kids' buddies, rather than parents.

BTW, I refuse to call the network by its initials anymore. I think they last played a music video sometime in 1996.

Mike

Yes, and there's always a lingerie drawer involved, it seems.  All well and good, but it's mindless drivel.  Except the episode with the hot lesbians was pretty funny.  :lol:

Even worse is "My Super Sweet 16".  The network broadcast a marathon of that show today.  For those who don't know, "16" is a profile of spoiled, sorry rich chicks (one per episode) about to celebrate her 16th birthday, complete with a huge party that costs more than most people's weddings and completely clueless parents who are trying to be their kids' buddies, rather than parents.

BTW, I refuse to call the network by its initials anymore.  I think they last played a music video sometime in 1996.

Mike

542945[/snapback]

My body won't physically let me watch that show, but I know what you're talking about. I bet that channel is responsible for more maxed-out credit cards and bulimia cases than most other things combined.

You know, most 15 year olds have that much money and haul around 34DDs with no tan line, really. If you don't, you're insignificant and won't have group sex until you're 17! Loser!

I've never been one to blame music/TV for the actions of stupid kids and dumber parents, but there has *got* to be some influence with this one.

Close.  The peak had to be the greatest (spoof of a) game show ever made - Remote Control.  The greatest episode had to be the one where the 3 contestants had 1 correctly answered question at the 1st commercial break.  Ken punted all 3 and finished the show with 3 people from the audience as contestants.

542910[/snapback]

I loved that show....loved it.

Back then you had MUSIC and TELEVISION.

Today it's just bad reality TV, sans music. Edit: Wonder if they have that on DVD, I'll have to check it out.

Edit part deux: Of course not :lol:

I loved that show....loved it.

Back then you had MUSIC and TELEVISION.

Today it's just bad reality TV, sans music. Edit: Wonder if they have that on DVD, I'll have to check it out.

Edit part deux: Of course not :D

543199[/snapback]

I loved the part in "Remote Control" where the cereal would fall from the ceiling and the contestants had to put the bowls on their heads.

The only lasting thing "Remote Control" gave us? Adam Sandler. :D

Mike

I loved the part in "Remote Control" where the cereal would fall from the ceiling and the contestants had to put the bowls on their heads.

The only lasting thing "Remote Control" gave us?  Adam Sandler.  :D

Mike

543498[/snapback]

It's hard to believe that MTV used to be fun to watch.

I loved the Headbanger's Ball.

It's hard to believe that MTV used to be fun to watch.

I loved the Headbanger's Ball.

543868[/snapback]

Yeah, and it's hard to believe that Jon Stewart once didn't take himself so seriously, either. 0:):lol:

Speaking of which, Stewart once had a show on the network. Remember?

Mike

Yeah, and it's hard to believe that Jon Stewart once didn't take himself so seriously, either.  0:)  :lol:

Speaking of which, Stewart once had a show on the network.  Remember? 

Mike

544305[/snapback]

HAving never been a fan of Jon Stewart, I can't say that I did.

:lol: