Bengals dont want to face Steelers

Johnny

...You will still have to play one of them either way... And you won't have to ever play PITT on the road (that really has no bearing because during the season CIN-PITT split wins at each others' own stadium--- Might make difference in a playoff atomsphere though?)  I don't buy your hype that you actually see PITT as a stronger than most team... You are laying down a smokescreen.  If these teams are the strongest in the playoffs, they are sure to advance to later rounds?

Basically, the AFC playoffs VERY POSSIBLY will look like this:

IND

DEN

----

CIN

NE

JAX

PITT

In YOUR BELIEF that IND-PITT are the strongest teams, I MAY see your point if there wasn't a bye system for the top two seeds in place.  Those are big "beliefs" and "mays" there.  Then, IND and PITT would slug it out and one would be gone for later rounds  But, that is not how it works.

It is VERY POSSIBLY gonna be in the WC round:

CIN

NE

JAX

PITT

And it appears that CIN MAY be on a collision course with PITT.

That is why, IMO, you always play for the highest seed.  If an upset happens along the way, your team will hold a home field edge.

I am afraid your logic appears to be the same "thinking" that CIN took when they supposedly let Buffalo "win."

If Marvin Lewis is using you to chart his course through the playoffs, then CIN is in trouble. :D  ;)

My grandfather would say:

"Between the fox and the hound.  If the hound wouldn't have stopped to take a sh*t, he would have gotten the fox."

Cincy better not stop to take a dump!

:)  ;)

546654[/snapback]

thats really hard to read......what are you trying to say....if cincy loses like they will on purpose...........and new england wins they dont have to see one of the two, indy or pitt......

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll lose today...but Miami is going to beat the Pats.  And why play the starters and then put in the backups today, if he's trying to "trick" Bellychick?

546878[/snapback]

mad...what do you want him to do........he cant sit everybody for 2 weeks to build up rust...........if miami wins they are just plain simply beating new england or bellycheck doesnt want to see pittsburgh either....but it's not as obvious if it's the 2nd scenario.........cincinnati was obvious

mad...what do you want him to do........he cant sit everybody for 2 weeks to build up rust...........if miami wins they are just plain simply beating new england or bellycheck doesnt want to see pittsburgh either....but it's not as obvious if it's the 2nd scenario.........cincinnati was obvious

Why not play the starters for the 1st half against the Bills, and then 1 quarter like today? And again do you THINK Bellycheck cares about Pgh, after beating them IN Pgh earlier this year? Give it up. The Bengals lost. Not that intentionally losing to avoid having to face Pgh is any better. I doubt they advance past the 2nd round, and if they DO get Pgh, they're not winning a game in the playoffs. And that's NOT because the Steelers are great. They're having problems with the Lions in Pgh!

Why not play the starters for the 1st half against the Bills, and then 1 quarter like today?  And again do you THINK Bellycheck cares about Pgh, after beating them IN Pgh earlier this year?  Give it up.  The Bengals lost.  Not that intentionally losing to avoid having to face Pgh is any better.  I doubt they advance past the 2nd round, and if they DO get Pgh, they're not winning a game in the playoffs.  And that's NOT because the Steelers are great.  They're having problems with the Lions in Pgh!

546888[/snapback]

the teams that met at heinz ketchup ward field early in the season arent the same..........pittsburgh was dominating but had a couple blunders, one an ill advised lateral attempt by randel el on a big play to get them deep into new england territory........you cant give brady too many chances.....it cost them....new england lost their all world safety in the game

defense wins championships and New England's secondary is too weak to do it.....

The Bengals had their lunch handed to them by Pittsburgh at home and then won at heins ketchup ward field, but the main vairiable in the game was dinged....Rothlesberger................with Ben on the field healthy keeping the cincinnati O off the field giving the defense the breath it needs, pittsburgh will beat em 8/10 times

pittsburgh has the best defense going into the playoffs in the American Football Conference but it's a tall order coming from the wild card, but they can make a run and i doubt they'll lose to new england or cincinnati and IF they get past Indy (roth rushing back first game after surgery, evenly played still with 80yd touchdown pass to start the game and ill advised onsides kick to start the second half) they'll be tough in that 3rd straight road game......but they will have the better defense

So lets get this straight, just to settle this whole stupid discussion.

The Bengals "let" the Bills hang with them for 4 quarters, then Palmer intentionally throws a pick to seal it?

You're a post whoring clown.

So lets get this straight, just to settle this whole stupid discussion.

The Bengals "let" the Bills hang with them for 4 quarters, then Palmer intentionally throws a pick to seal it?

You're a post whoring clown.

546930[/snapback]

you saw the two easiest plays to use when trying to lose....a pick 6 and a kick return for a td..........i was on to it nearly from the games first play when Evans was left so wide open

the vincent interception....put a little more air under that mr mvp candidate

That is why, IMO, you always play for the highest seed.    :)  ;)

546654[/snapback]

obviously your opinion is not one agrees with bill bellycheck's and marv lewis' opinion....bellycheck is a proven superbowl winner......both dont seem to be clutching for that 3rd seed the way they are playing, and the players that they are using

obviously your opinion is not one that with bill bellycheck's and marv lewis'....bellycheck is a proven superbowl winner......both dont seem to be clutching for that 3rd seed the way they are playing, and the players that they are using

So NE should WANT to win today, instead of resting their starters? If everyone is SO afraid of the Steelers, why didn't the Pats lose to the Jets on MNF? The Bungles (I'm back to calling them that now), are losing it quickly. They don't make it past the 1st round no matter WHO they play.

So NE should WANT to win today, instead of resting their starters?  If everyone is SO afraid of the Steelers, why didn't the Pats lose to the Jets on MNF?  The Bungles (I'm back to calling them that now), are losing it quickly.  They don't make it past the 1st round no matter WHO they play.

546945[/snapback]

it's 25-19 and belicheck will go for 2...lol .........flutie drop kicks it..lol....if thats not caring if a point is made tell me what is...................its not bellychecks first rodeo........he still had poll position to get jacksonville

fluties drop kick will be all over the highlight shows...funny sh--

it's 25-19  and belicheck will go for 2...lol .........flutie drop kicks it..lol....if thats not caring if a point is made tell me what is...................its not bellychecks first rodeo........he still had poll position to get jacksonville

Uh, they already conceded the game after the 1st quarter after inserting a scrub like Cassel into the lineup. Having a sideshow play like that doesn't make a difference.

fluties drop kick will be all over the highlight shows...funny sh--

It was funny to see everyone hooting and hollering after that play. It's over in NE.

Uh, they already conceded the game after the 1st quarter after inserting a scrub like Cassel into the lineup.  Having a sideshow play like that doesn't make a difference.

It was funny to see everyone hooting and hollering after that play.  It's over in NE.

546967[/snapback]

not in regular season.....it's over cause they dont want pittsburgh

it's 25-20 nearly 3 minutes left after fluties drop kick...new england isnt trying

The Bengals aren't that good anymore, Johnny.  Later.

546973[/snapback]

you'll go on believing that cause pittsburgh will beat them ...but they are better than new england, better than jacksonville, and maybe a tick behind denver

you'll go on believing that cause pittsburgh will beat them ...but they are better than new england, better than jacksonville, and maybe a tick behind denver

546976[/snapback]

So this means with NE and CIN losing today... CIN will be playing PITT in the WC round of the playoffs. They will have the 3rd seed.

That means CIN's road to SB XL will be through Denver. Am I right?

Isn't there a rule where two divisonal rivals can't play in the first round? Or was that an old rule?

If CIN would have won the last two games, how would they have done in tiebreaker situation with Denver?

So this means with NE and CIN losing today... CIN will be playing PITT in the WC round of the playoffs.  They will have the 3rd seed.

That means CIN's road to SB XL will be through Denver.  Am I right?

Isn't there a rule where two divisonal rivals can't play in the first round?  Or was that an old rule?

If CIN would have won the last two games, how would they have done in tiebreaker situation with Denver?

547097[/snapback]

cincy hosts pitt

new england hosts jax

cincy is 3 new england 4

lowest seed will continue to play the highest.....jax is 5 and pitt 6.....indy 1 and den 2