Bengals dont want to face Steelers

Johnny

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to all those who doubted ......watch the second team take the field for Cincinnati.......sure a tune up for some but key elements will be held out....they'll be very happy that their plan worked...........

Pittsburgh and Indy are on a collision course.

I think you have bird flu.

Just FYI, the Pats will have their 2nd team take the field against the Dolphins probably after the 1st quarter, and Saban is having the Dolphins play to win, so the Bengals will STILL have to face the Steelers.  So if that was their plan, they failed MISERABLY.

546051[/snapback]

they still have a good shot at it though ....if bellycheck is on to him the Pats will lose, if not the Pats know they arent that good this season and need the momentum

that was cute how you said i had the bird flu though...i used that line on someone last week..

the most miserable part is it seems that maybe the coach's job did hinge on the game

they still have a good shot at it though ....if bellycheck is on to him the Pats will lose, if not the Pats know they arent that good this season and need the momentum

that was cute how you said i had the bird flu though...i used that line on someone last week..

the most miserable part is it seems that maybe the coach's job did hinge on the game

546067[/snapback]

Let me get this straight. They had a shot at a bye week and lost on purpose so they could get the 4 seed instead of the 2 seed? Do they enjoy having to win three playoff games instead of two?

If ieatcrayonz, what do you eat?

Let me get this straight.  They had a shot at a bye week and lost on purpose so they could get the 4 seed instead of the 2 seed?  Do they enjoy having to win three playoff games instead of two?

If ieatcrayonz, what do you eat?

546072[/snapback]

tonight i had a delicious pizza

that would have meant getting past Denver, and just like beating KC tomorrow could help remove Pittsburgh from the playoffs entirely....it just isnt likely, like it wasnt that Oakland was going to win in Mile High

tonight i had a delicious pizza

that would have meant getting past Denver, and just like beating KC tomorrow could help remove Pittsburgh from the playoffs entirely....it just isnt likely, like it wasnt that Oakland was going to win in Mile High

546075[/snapback]

So they examined the schedule, decided they were a bad team even thought they were only 11-3, strategized on how to lose games so they could play an extra week and avoid a team with a lesser record?

Ok.

So they examined the schedule, decided they were a bad team even thought they were only 11-3, strategized on how to lose games so they could play an extra week and avoid a team with a lesser record?

Ok.

546077[/snapback]

you never read much but the last page do ya.....can you not see an advantage of avoiding the steelers, a team that crushed you on your own field with a healthy starting qb............

then it's two fold........you probably get past Jax and if you can win at Denver, walllla....a championship showdown against a road weary steelers team or a rematch vs. the Colts..............either matchup then will be fine, cause they proved they can trade with the Colts and the Steelers will be playing a 3rd straight road game.......very rare in the Nfl these days......last time a team played a 3rd straight road game...? this season actually.....tampa at New England

I think you still have the bird flu.

You think that Bellycheck "isn't onto" anything? And what momentum is to be gained by the starters playing the whole game and winning? I'd say the starters playing enough to get a lead on the Dols is enough.

Yeah, that was me.

I think you still have the bird flu.

You think that Bellycheck "isn't onto" anything?  And what momentum is to be gained by the starters playing the whole game and winning?  I'd say the starters playing enough to get a lead on the Dols is enough.

Yeah, that was me.

546205[/snapback]

if you think that you can make some serious money tomorrow with the dolphis as 5.5 point road dogs...........

bengals are 7.5 point dogs.......fool the oddsmaker once, shame on him, twice..i doubt it, the line reflects their maneuvering

if you think that you can make some serious money tomorrow with the dolphis as 5.5 point road dogs...........

bengals are 7.5 point dogs.......fool the oddsmaker once, shame on him, twice..i doubt it, the line reflects their maneuvering

Well NOW it doesn't matter for the Bengals. They blew their chance at a coveted and important first round bye LAST weekend, which supercedes any fantastical notion that they lost on purpose to avoid playing the Steelers, a team they had a less-than 25% chance of meeting in round 2 (had the Bengals won and ended up with a bye). The oddsmakers figure the Bengals will rest their starters to get a bye of sorts, and thus lose to the Chefs who will be at home and probably playing for pride.

you never read much but the last page do ya.....can you not see an advantage of avoiding the steelers, a team that crushed you on your own field with a healthy starting qb............

then it's two fold........you probably get past Jax and if you can win at Denver, walllla....a championship showdown against a road weary steelers team or a rematch vs. the Colts..............either matchup then will be fine, cause they proved they can trade with the Colts and the Steelers will be playing a 3rd straight road game.......very rare in the Nfl these days......last time a team played a 3rd straight road game...?  this season actually.....tampa at New England

546090[/snapback]

This gets even better. They are soooooo worried about staying at home to play the Steelers yet not worried about playing at Denver? :w00t::doh:

This gets even better.  They are soooooo worried about staying at home to play the Steelers yet not worried about playing at Denver?  :w00t:  :doh:

Hey, most SB teams are wildcard teams. And playing in Denver is easy. I'm sure playing that extra week in the playoffs will only help them be better rested and healthier having to potentially play the Colts or Steelers, versus a dumb old bye week.[/sarcasm]

Hey, most SB teams are wildcard teams.  And playing in Denver is easy.  I'm sure playing that extra week in the playoffs will only help them be better rested and healthier having to potentially play the Colts or Steelers, versus a dumb old bye week.[/sarcasm]

546353[/snapback]

Indy and Pittsburgh are the best two teams in the playoffs......bar none

If the Bengals lose today and STILL have to face the Steelers because the Pats also lost, I'll LMMFAO. Of course they can pray that the Steelers lose today. But a 1st round bye is THE most important thing, not avoiding a particular team, and again, if it's true that they wanted to avoid the Steelers, they aren't making it past the 2nd round anyway.

546611[/snapback]

...You will still have to play one of them either way... And you won't have to ever play PITT on the road (that really has no bearing because during the season CIN-PITT split wins at each others' own stadium--- Might make difference in a playoff atomsphere though?) I don't buy your hype that you actually see PITT as a stronger than most team... You are laying down a smokescreen. If these teams are the strongest in the playoffs, they are sure to advance to later rounds?

Basically, the AFC playoffs VERY POSSIBLY will look like this:

IND

DEN

----

CIN

NE

JAX

PITT

In YOUR BELIEF that IND-PITT are the strongest teams, I MAY see your point if there wasn't a bye system for the top two seeds in place. Those are big "beliefs" and "mays" there. Then, IND and PITT would slug it out and one would be gone for later rounds But, that is not how it works.

It is VERY POSSIBLY gonna be in the WC round:

CIN

NE

JAX

PITT

And it appears that CIN MAY be on a collision course with PITT.

That is why, IMO, you always play for the highest seed. If an upset happens along the way, your team will hold a home field edge.

I am afraid your logic appears to be the same "thinking" that CIN took when they supposedly let Buffalo "win."

If Marvin Lewis is using you to chart his course through the playoffs, then CIN is in trouble. :D;)

My grandfather would say:

"Between the fox and the hound. If the hound wouldn't have stopped to take a sh*t, he would have gotten the fox."

Cincy better not stop to take a dump!

:);)

WRT the Steelers, they're tied 14-14 with the Lions AT HOME while the Chefs are up 14-3.  If the Steelers end up losing and the Chefs end up winning, the Steelers don't make the playoffs.

546866[/snapback]

marvin Lewis cant help that...but he can make damn sure his own team loses