Chris Landry on TD/MM

Buftex

I just got through, on Fox Sports Radio, to talk to Chris Landry, their NFL "expert". He is excellent I think. He was a scout for the Oilers/Titans during their Super Bowl run in 1999, the guy knows the game, and unlike most "experts" he seems to understand what is hype, and what is truth, when it comes to players. Anyways, I asked him what he foresaw happening in Buffalo this off-season, if TD or MM has a chance of surviving another year. They cut me off before I could elaborate much more. Anyway, his answer was something like this:

"Well, Mike Mularkey did himself a big favor today (against the Bengals), and despite a few blow outs to San Diego and New England, the team does not look to have "quit" on Mularkey. He is a good football coach, but is still learning on the job.

As for Tom Donohoe, he has been a great GM in the NFL, and understands the NFL as well as anyone. Unfortunately, for him, he hasn't been great in Buffalo. It is not so much the moves he has made, but some that he hasn't made, specifically regarding the offensive line. He might, in retrospect, rethink the Bledsoe trade too. Mike Williams, his highest draft pick has been a big disappointment, but nobody in the business forsaw that.

Ralph Wilson is an 80-something owner, who wants his team to win yesterday, and is likely growing impatient. I think they should stick with Donohoe, because he is one of the best in the business, but it may not happen.

I know fans get impatient, but that team has a lot of talent. It is being "Dawgged" right now by the O-line and uncertainty at QB. A lot of people are already writing of Losman as a bust, but give him some time. He has some talent. This team is not that far off from being a good team. Sometimes you stumble your way there...but the Bills are getting there."

Ah I love it when my name is used as a verb... ;)

I just got through, on Fox Sports Radio, to talk to Chris Landry, their NFL "expert".  He is excellent I think.  He was a scout for the Oilers/Titans during their Super Bowl run in 1999, the guy knows the game, and unlike most "experts" he seems to understand what is hype, and what is truth, when it comes to players.  Anyways, I asked him what he foresaw happening in Buffalo this off-season, if TD or MM has a chance of surviving another year.  They cut me off before I could elaborate much more.  Anyway, his answer was something like this:

"Well, Mike Mularkey did himself a big favor today (against the Bengals), and despite a few blow outs to San Diego and New England, the team does not look to have "quit" on Mularkey.  He is a good football coach, but is still learning on the job. 

As for Tom Donohoe, he has been a great GM in the NFL, and understands the NFL as well as anyone.  Unfortunately, for him, he hasn't been great in Buffalo.  It is not so much the moves he has made, but some that he hasn't made, specifically regarding the offensive line.  He might, in retrospect, rethink the Bledsoe trade too.  Mike Williams, his highest draft pick has been a big disappointment, but nobody in the business forsaw that.

Ralph Wilson is an 80-something owner, who wants his team to win yesterday, and is likely growing impatient.  I think they should stick with Donohoe, because he is one of the best in the business, but it may not happen. 

I know fans get impatient, but that team has a lot of talent.  It is being "Dawgged" right now by the O-line and uncertainty at QB.  A lot of people are already writing of Losman as a bust, but give him some time.  He has some talent.  This team is not that far off from being a good team.  Sometimes you stumble your way there...but the Bills are getting there."

542137[/snapback]

Haha I know... I must be doing something right to have reached such a status.

542498[/snapback]

Merry Christmas! I have to admitt, I got a chuckle out of that, but I don't think you are any more a Dawgg than anybody else here! :angry: