Mularkey Won His Job For 2006 Today

Mark VI

New coordinators on O and D perhaps but Mularkey saved his job today. Not saying I agree with it but the OL shortage will overshadow all his coaching blunders and only TD will take the fall.

Wyche the new OC and maybe a new DC to replace Gray ?

The Bengals were surprised the Bills showed up. That Defense sucked and we could have scored 50 on them if we were even an average team.

New coordinators on O and D perhaps but Mularkey saved his job today. Not saying I agree with it but the OL shortage will overshadow all his coaching blunders and only TD will take the fall.

Wyche the new OC and maybe a new DC to replace Gray ?

The Bengals were surprised the Bills showed up. That Defense sucked and we could have scored 50 on them if we were even an average team.

541828[/snapback]

I don't know that you can judge Clements on how he runs an offense that is based on not having an adequate offensive line.

I have trouble judging Jerry Gray, because I'm so far at the other spectrum as him as far as wanting to blitz- I prefer our smothering 3 and out defense from the late 90's. I hate blitzing on 3rd and long especially- no need for it, and it uneccesarily exposes you to big plays.

I like Mularkey- he showed confidence today- particularly when he didn't intercede in Bobby April's arguement with the officials. He trusted his assistant, and that says a heck of a lot.

I don't know that you can judge Clements on how he runs an offense that is based on not having an adequate offensive line.

I have trouble judging Jerry Gray, because I'm so far at the other spectrum as him as far as wanting to blitz- I prefer our smothering 3 and out defense from the late 90's. I hate blitzing on 3rd and long especially- no need for it, and it uneccesarily exposes you to big plays.

I like Mularkey- he showed confidence today- particularly when he didn't intercede in Bobby April's arguement with the officials. He trusted his assistant, and that says a heck of a lot.

541837[/snapback]

I love this lunacy.

They win ONE game out of six and all the sudden some of you think Mularkey's the second coming of Lombardi.

Sorry, he's GOT to go.

I love this lunacy.

They win ONE game out of six and all the sudden some of you think Mularkey's the second coming of Lombardi.

Sorry, he's GOT to go.

541840[/snapback]

I love it- I say he's an OKk coach, and some lawyer twists that comment into something else

I love this lunacy.

Sorry, he's GOT to go.

541840[/snapback]

Looks like there might be a chance of you being grumpy all through next season too huh? ;)

I love this lunacy.

Sorry, he's GOT to go.

541840[/snapback]

I agree, and it's not because I hate MM.

The bottom line is that MM makes decisions that either have, or could have, cost the Bills games. That's all that really matters to me.

I agree, and it's not because I hate MM.

The bottom line is that MM makes decisions that either have, or could have, cost the Bills games.  That's all that really matters to me.

541848[/snapback]

And as I said- his calls are based on a pourous offensive and defensive line. I dont think his that much of a moron that he'd have made those same calls if he had the hogs

I don't know that you can judge Clements on how he runs an offense

541837[/snapback]

Clements lost the playcalling duties in week 5 . It's a given he's gone.

Gray calls too many outside blitzes, leaving the middle of the field wide open. I just think he'll look elseware for opportunities, rather than us firing him. I would like to see someone else as our D Coordinator, who plays it tighter in the middle and doesn't rely on desperate blitzes on 75% of the plays.

Looks like there might be a chance of you being grumpy all through next season too huh?  ;)

541847[/snapback]

Ya think?

No, you know what? If they ditch the losers running the organization, I'll come back with some optimism.

That's a big IF tho. I think the old senile bastard was just LOOKING for a reason to bring these assclowns back.

541837[/snapback]

Actually if you watched it closely MM did try and pull Bobby April away from the ref but April being the best SP coach in the league knew better than listen to him. I think Mularkey still has to win next week against the mighty Jets to save his job. ;)

And as I said- his calls are based on a pourous offensive and defensive line. I dont think his that much of a moron that he'd have made those same calls if he had the hogs

541850[/snapback]

I don't necessarily mean play calling. I'm talking about clock management, bad challenges, slow reaction to others' game plans, etc.

You're right about play calling. Some teams would make any play look good, others make the most sound ones look like crap.

Edit: Off to Christmas Eve din-din. Merry X-mas all!

Do we stick with Holcomb as the starter next year? It seems like this team rallys around him. Fix the D-Line, replace moulds or get his cap number down and upgrade at LT and other parts of the o-line and I think we have all the personnel issues solved. Gray I think stays on if he chooses, as he coached the D to the #2 ranking in back to back seasons. I don't think he has forgotten how to coach. I think Clements will be the scpae goat and possibly some assistants. Get rid of TD and promote Modrak and I am excited about this team.

Do we stick with Holcomb as the starter next year? It seems like this team rallys around him. Fix the D-Line, replace moulds or get his cap number down and upgrade at LT and other parts of the o-line and I think we have all the personnel issues solved. Gray I think stays on if he chooses, as he coached the D to the #2 ranking in back to back seasons. I don't think he has forgotten how to coach. I think Clements will be the scpae goat and possibly some assistants. Get rid of TD and promote Modrak and I am excited about this team.

541859[/snapback]

I go with the guy who can make the team exceeed its own talent (JP), but fix the lines, and stick with Willis

541859[/snapback]

Yeah, wonderful.

Yay for Holcomb. He won a game.

Good for him.

Let's name him the starter for next season, I mean he's shown me so much!

Yeah, wonderful.

Yay for Holcomb. He won a game.

Good for him.

Let's name him the starter for next season, I mean he's shown me so much!

541868[/snapback]

It scares me that we're on the same page on this! ;)

That said- Holcomb did what he's paid to do- nothing more, nothing less