Bobby April chewed some ref a$$ today

Thailog80

I understand all of that - I've said so several times, and I'm at a loss as to how to again  restate it to you and why you don't get what I said.

Re-read - my question is not about a call and reversal, but if once a flag is thrown, is it subject to a challenge or not?  My contention is that it is not, and that MM's red flag was just such, illegal, and the ref's should not have accepted the challenge. They could have picked up the flag before the challenge. Since they did not, the result should have been "no play, re-kick".

The Bills got a Patriot-esque call.

542446[/snapback]

I explained it to you earlier in this thread, perhaps you missed the post. You CAN challenge the spot where the penalty was called. That's what the Bills were challenging. You cannot challenge whether it was a penalty or not. But if the replay shows that the penalty occured within the legal distance, which is what happened in this case, and that the official made a mistake, then they can overturn it on a challenge. You CANNOT challenge a call that Coy Wire illegally blocked a player less than 10 yards from the kick. You CAN challenge a call that the illegal block happened further than 10 yards, which would make it a legal hit, not an illegal one. That is what happened here (although they didn't even have to go to the booth because it was obvious to the other officials that the block was 13 yards down the field not 10.