Bring Dwight Adams BACK!

BillsBabe

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2001

That is the 2001 draft.  Gets your stuff straight. Fury you are clueless.

542450[/snapback]

Sigh, my bad. Too many open windows at once. Here are the correct 2001 top picks for each team and you're right, some real fine players are on the list....

San Diego:

Round 1: (5th overall) LaDainian Tomlinson (RB)

Round 2: Drew Brees (QB)

Round 3: Tay Cody (CB)

Round 4: Carlos Polk (LB)

Carolina:

Round 1: Dan Morgan (LB)

Round 2: Kris Jenkins (DT)

Round 3: Steve Smith (WR)

Round 4: Chris Wienke (QB)

Baltimore:

Round 1: Todd Heap (TE)

Round 2: Gary Baxter (CB-SS)

Round 3: Casey Rabach ©

Round 4: Edgerton Hartwell (LB)

Atlanta:

Round 1: (first overall) Ron Mexico (QB)

Round 2: Alge Crumpler (TE)

Round 4: Robert Garza ©

Round 4: Matt Stewart (LB)

Still, the boom-n-bust nature of the 2000 and 2001 drafts for the above teams shows that they're just as likely to miss from year-to-year as anyone else.

The Bills' track record during the Adams years is among the best in the league. Most of the top picks in 2001 could play for any team in the league"

Round 1: (21st overall) Nate Clements (CB)

Round 2: Aaron Schobel (DE) 4th all-time in sacks for the Bills, BTW.

Round 2: Travis Henry (RB) productive first two years, mental case since

Round 3: Ron Edwards (DT) quality backup

Round 3: Jonas Jennings (OT) quality starter, not worth the $$ SF paid however.

Round 4: Brandon Spoon (LB) injury bug shortened career

What exactly is your agenda, anyway?? Are you a Patsy troll afraid that Adams consulting on the draft might help the Bills somehow? You come out of nowhere and somehow your expertise is unquestioned?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about the whole draft but since none of our 2nd day picks are in the league (Except for Williams)there is no point talking about that because those other teams obviously did better there, so let's compare apples to apples and talk about the top guys, so if you are not talking about the top guys, you are not talking about anything.

I've been talking about the ENTIRE 2001 draft. Not the top 2 players, not the 2nd day picks, the ENTIRE draft. And the only draft I'd rate higher is maybe Carolina's, but Morgan was injured for his 1st 2 years, Jenkins' career is probably over after 2 brilliant years, and Smith is a headcase.

I've been talking about the ENTIRE 2001 draft.  Not the top 2 players, not the 2nd day picks, the ENTIRE draft.  And the only draft I'd rate higher is maybe Carolina's, but Morgan was injured for his 1st 2 years, Jenkins' career is probably over after 2 brilliant years, and Smith is a headcase.

542467[/snapback]

Why are you arguing with this knucklehead? :angry:

BTW, why would you call Steve Smith a headcase?

No agenda, just tired of listening to people talk circles and moan about things and not actually look at the facts. If we are going to complain then back up your complaints with the truth and objectivity.

Disease - are you not paying attention...only 1 pick from the entire 2001 draft 2nd day is even in the league and there is only 2 healthy starters for the bills and one is a headcase NC, so what is your case?

Disease - are you not paying attention...only 1 pick from the entire 2001 draft 2nd day is even in the league and there is only 2 healthy starters for the bills and one is a headcase NC, so what is your case?

Clements never broke a teammates jaw. And Morgan as I said was injured his 1st 2 years, Smith missed all of last year, and Jenkins' career is likely over after suffering a knee injury for the 2nd consecutive season. And the Bills aren't paying big bucks to Jennings to sit in the trainers room.

No agenda, just tired of listening to people talk circles and moan about things and not actually look at the facts.  If we are going to complain then back up your complaints with the truth and objectivity.

542470[/snapback]

OK, so how do you rate the Bills cumulative drafts from 1991 to 2001? Why the strange obsession with the 2000-01 drafts, but nothing on all the talent added to this team over Adams tenure? Those are facts, BTW.

As SDS says, why am I wasting time on a troll???

Go back and read all the posts. I said that he did a good job but bringing him back wouldn't be a good idea because of age and look at the draft decline. Read the whole thread. The whole point is that everyone has an opinion and I don't agree with yours and I was telling you why with examples.

Okay THIS is my last post.

I don't disagree that bringing him back might not be the best idea. But that's not because of the 2001 draft, which was his last, and was one of the best in the NFL that year, and certainly the best one of TD's tenure in Buffalo. Yes 2000 sucked, but it sucked for most teams. I'd say it's probably not the best because it's been 5 years since he's been with the team and he might not be as good an evaluator as he once was. It's a skill that declines eventually, like most other things.

And there are numerous reasons why the Bills haven't made the playoffs whereas the Panthers and others have, that don't have to do with the 2000 and 2001 drafts. Hopefully the Bills can improve in the future.

Later.

Go back and read all the posts.  I said that he did a good job but bringing him back wouldn't be a good idea because of age and look at the draft decline.  Read the whole thread.  The whole point is that everyone has an opinion and I don't agree with yours and I was telling you why with examples.

542488[/snapback]

Except your opinions are laden with miststatements and wrong facts, but I guess other people have covered that.

You would figure that it would be a benefit to SD & Atlanta to pick in the top 5 slots to have decent drafts. And if you rate those 4 teams ahead of Buffalo, that means that 26 other teams had worse drafts. That's some definition of mediocrity, if you even go that far to compliment the Bills' 2001 draft.

The guy is frigging 80, what the hell do you want from that old man move on that's old history.

542270[/snapback]

BDelma --- he's not 80. And even if he were -- what's your point? Don't even get this board started about people in history over 70 who have made great contributions to society. And, i don't recommend you get this board started about Dwights Adams' contributions to the Buffalo Bills.

So now being a season ticket holder since 1975 makes me a "newbie"?  :angry:

Maybe I just don't know what you're talking about.

542166[/snapback]

It's unbelievable to me that a season ticket holder since '75 has no idea who Dwight Adams was/is. But, OK -- I guess some are simply "season ticket holders" and some are actual fans and followers.

I am not going to jump on that band wagon, look at the last couple drafts when he was in charge before losing the power struggle and tell where those guys are now.

542163[/snapback]

Scurdog -- there are still 25 players active TODAY in the NFL drafted by Dwight Adams. And several are wearing Super Bowl rings.

Look at his last 2 drafts that's what he did.  Who is left on the team and the league for that matter.  2000 with JB and 2001 before Modrak got here.

542292[/snapback]

Scurdog -- I will repeat -- S-L-O-W-L-Y ---- 25 (total) players active TODAY -- several wearing Super Bowl rings.