PFW notes on Peters

Wiz

Buffalo

In an otherwise dismal 2005 season, we hear that ORT Jason Peters has been a big bright spot for the Bills. Word is that the Bills believe the second-year player out of Arkansas, who went undrafted as a tight end and signed with the Bills following the 2004 draft, will be a foundation at a tackle spot on the Bills’ O-line for years to come. Peters, who has awed Bills players and coaches with incredible athleticism for a 6-foot-4, 320-pounder, had never played right tackle before assuming the starting ORT spot from disappointing Mike Williams in Week 10. He told PFW that he has earned praise for his pass blocking from O-line coach Jim McNally and is open to playing either right or left tackle. “I will play wherever the coaches decide is the best to help the team win,” he said. “Both right and left tackle are similar, but you do need different techniques. Right now, I feel as comfortable on the left side as I do on the right side, so wherever they decide to put me, I will go out and do my best to help the team win.”