Rick Jeanneret - Roll the Highlight film

JoeFerguson

It's a CD containing 50 of Rick Jeanneret's most famous calls. I was skeptical at first, but yesterday ofiba and I picked it up at the Sabre store. We listened to it on the way home and we were really getting fired up when Steve Shields skated all the way across the ice to challenge Garth Snow. It's $10 well spent.

When I heard that the CD was coming out thats the first one I thought about....what a classic this guy is....

540825[/snapback]

Whats great is the bottom sentence on the web page.

"all proceeds for this CD will benefit....... the Buffalo Sabres"

I guess when I see a sentence that begins with all proceeds will benefit, I am expecting

Childrens Hospital

Hunters Hope

The Leukemia Society

anything but a for profit organization. Crimminy, that had me laughing

I would buy it, but this is the question I had.  Why wouldn't they make this into a dvd?  They would probably sell way more AND raise more money for the kids.

541028[/snapback]

I haven't heard the CD yet, so this is just speculation, but my guess is they don't do a DVD because according to Roby some yahoo from the Sabres pitched / taped over most of the 70's game videos.

I haven't heard the CD yet, so this is just speculation, but my guess is they don't do a DVD because according to Roby some yahoo from the Sabres pitched / taped over most of the 70's game videos.

541036[/snapback]

Wow. That's a shame.

Whats great is the bottom sentence on the web page.

"all proceeds for this CD will benefit....... the Buffalo Sabres"

I guess when I see a sentence that begins with all proceeds will benefit, I am expecting

Childrens Hospital

Hunters Hope

The Leukemia Society

anything but a for profit organization. Crimminy, that had me laughing

540887[/snapback]

Look closer. It says "All Proceeds For This CD Will Benefit the Buffalo Sabres Foundation" which gives to charites across WNY and S. Ontario.

:flirt: