20 years from now

Adam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twenty years from now, America will no longer exist, and I will be sitting around waxing nostalgic with Woodrow Jest, thinking "what a friggin' blowhard".

BTW, the style was intended.

540906[/snapback]

heehheee.

Freakin' hilarious. Thanks KT{fab}D. :flirt:

Link.

One more reason to believe in God is the hope for the ultimate judgment when someday Someone will pronounce the final truth and we'll be done with all these small mean anecdotes that pass for history. Meanwhile, they constitute most of what we know about politics, stories told by men with a grudge. This is discouraging to the older person. This is all I will ever know about George W. Bush, a series of disparaging observations by people who've met him. Thanks to his own need for secrecy and comfort, nobody will be able to make an informed judgment of the man until you and I are dead and gone. One more reason young people pride themselves on being ill-informed: It don't matter because nobody else knows either.

The Nixon tapes were a lightning bolt of illumination, but historians are only starting to unearth the truth about events that dominated the news when I was a young man, and others, such as the assassination of John F. Kennedy, we've almost given up hope of ever understanding. To anyone who was old enough in 1963 to be affected by those gunshots in Dallas, it's truly dreadful, 40 years later, to still not know who was responsible. It is almost unbearable to think about this.

I would be happy to find out that I'm wrong about the president. It's exhilarating to discover the truth and to find out that you were off the mark. Alger Hiss probably was a Soviet agent and the fact that Richard Nixon was his accuser doesn't change that. There was a Soviet espionage network in our government and the fact that Joseph McCarthy was a drunk, a bully and a cynical opportunist doesn't change that. Along with a lot of other Democrats, I've wasted a lot of time on these issues that I was, in fact, wrong about. I'm glad to be set straight.

20 years from now, expect China to be a MAJOR threat to the USA. (I hope Im dead wrong)

Remember in the history of Earth, America hasnt been the big power all that long. Things have changed and can change again if we arent careful.

While new America is worried about making everything Godless, entertainment, Hollywood stars, pleasure, more pleasure, and being selfish, and less and less emphasis being placed on education, China is a sleeping giant that is gaining economic power at an alarming rate.

And just remember who helped build up China's Air Force, Mr. Clinton.

This country better wake the F up before its too late.

20 years from now, expect China to be a MAJOR threat to the USA. (I hope Im dead wrong)

Remember in the history of Earth, America hasnt been the big power all that long. Things have changed and can change again if we arent careful.

While new America is worried about making everything Godless, entertainment, Hollywood stars, pleasure, more pleasure, and being selfish, and less and less emphasis being placed on education, China is a sleeping giant that is gaining economic power at an alarming rate.

541392[/snapback]

Wake up and do what? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but what is it you think we should be doing?

541392[/snapback]

I disagree- I think that demographic is far smaller that everyone portrays it. For everyone that thinks Paris Hilton is a somebody, there are 10 people in touch with reality ;)

Wake up and do what?  I'm not trying to be a smartass, but what is it you think we should be doing?

541398[/snapback]

wake up and kick everyone's ass...if you look at chinese history, they're an extremely warlike people...also if you read JG Ballard's "Empire of the Sun", he notes that one day if the Chinese have the strength, they're going to do something terrible to the world that crapped on them so much (starting from the boxer revolution, i think)

one can only hope that they have some sort of internal revolution by the lower class (there have been small uprisings reported in small villages that are completely squashed...reports of the government trying to buy corpses of those involved from the family to really cover things up)...liberals always talk about the huge wealth disparity between the rich and poor in the US...however bad the situation is here for us, it cannot compare to China...if we're lucky (along with the citizens of many other asian nations), China will do itself in by overrunning its economic and military machine while ignoring human rights and the plight of its people outside of its 2 major cities

Now, now, let's not twist the words.

FDR did in fact push the Japanese into a situation where war became inevitable. That is unquestionable.

:lol:

543173[/snapback]

The Japanese were already at war, in China, Russia, India, Korea. PH was just the push to reach out further into the Pacific and negate the ability of the biggest baddest mo fo to stop them. In the CTM's defense. I just think the PH attack was moved up, and expansion quicker then they planned.

The Japanese were already at war, in China, Russia, India, Korea.  PH was just the push to reach out further into the Pacific and negate the ability of the biggest baddest mo fo to stop them.  In the CTM's defense.  I just think the PH attack was moved up, and expansion quicker then they planned.

543187[/snapback]

Actually, weren't they only at war in China at the time? Korea had already long been a japanese colony, as had Manchuria.

IIRC, did they not coincide the attack on Pearl Harbor with a thrust into the Phillipines, Thailand and Indonesia for the sole purpose of acquring the rubber and oil resources which had been denied them by the US Embargo?

Perhaps the war in Asia could have been limited to a Sino-Japanese conflict if it were not for the embargo.

Then again, perhaps not. We'll never know.

Actually, weren't they only at war in China at the time? Korea had already long been a japanese colony, as had Manchuria.

IIRC, did they not coincide the attack on Pearl Harbor with a thrust into the Phillipines, Thailand and Indonesia for the sole purpose of acquring the rubber and oil resources which had been denied them by the US Embargo?

Perhaps the war in Asia could have been limited to a Sino-Japanese conflict if it were not for the embargo.

Then again, perhaps not. We'll never know.

543189[/snapback]

You're correct, however to say Japan occupied Korea, yet they weren't at war is "twisting" the facts. Korea to this day abhors Japan.

Same goes with Manchuria, however I believe the push was for them to start inland and meet with Germany.

Again yes the PH attack coinceided with the rest but I think those attcks were pushed forward due to the embargo, hence I agree with you that FDR caused PH. But to negate the other facts of the situation is a little bit of democrat coming out in you. :lol:

Again yes the PH attack coinceided with the rest but I think those attcks were pushed forward due to the embargo, hence I agree with you that FDR caused PH.  But to negate the other facts of the situation is a little bit of democrat coming out in you.  :lol:

543192[/snapback]

Indeed. Once in a while, we must embrace out inner idiot....er I mean Democrat.

:huh:

Now, now, let's not twist the words.

FDR did in fact push the Japanese into a situation where war became inevitable. That is unquestionable.

:huh:

543173[/snapback]

No, I was referring to your stated acceptance of the theory that FDR "let" the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor so he could openly go to war with them (and presumably Germany).

And commenting on the irony that you'll accept that egregiously stupid conspiracy, but insist Oswald acted alone... :lol:

No, I was referring to your stated acceptance of the theory that FDR "let" the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor so he could openly go to war with them (and presumably Germany).

And commenting on the irony that you'll accept that egregiously stupid conspiracy, but insist Oswald acted alone...  :D

543253[/snapback]

Well, as far as conspiracies go, it's a hell of a lot more believable, considering there was advance intelligence knowledge of a Japanese attack.