GO SABRES!!!

stevestojan

I always shake my head when people are surprised that governments steal their money.  It's always been that way and I just can't see why it would ever change.  The only solution is to give them alot less money and power over your life.

540545[/snapback]

honestly, i'm not surprised as well. just the vastness of this scandal makes me shake my head even more.

the problem is that the current government does not fear losing re election... they have been in power for a long time, and know voters don't trust the opposition. they have no reason to even try and do something good.

they are going nuts here over the selections

some people want the coach's head for choosing Bertuzzi, Doan and Heatley.

Personally I think Quebec should do their own team and to the hell with the rest of Canada.

540521[/snapback]

Bertuzzi and Doan I understand people being unhappy about. Who in their right (or left) mind thinks that Heatley doesn't belong on the team?

Bertuzzi and Doan I understand people being unhappy about.  Who in their right (or left) mind thinks that Heatley doesn't belong on the team?

540654[/snapback]

some people object to it. personally i don't think there is any questions he should be on the team. But i want him playing with crosby and spezza :D

I was circling the airport last night waiting for my brother to arrive, and I had the post game show on WGR. They were talking about the goalies, and some guy called up and said, "Marty's got to go! It's time to trade this bum!"

I was cracking up, man. That was great. What have you done for me lately?

Seriously though, Marty can get hot when the team is playing well in front of him, but throughout his long career, he has a history of at least one soft goal per game.

I was circling the airport last night waiting for my brother to arrive, and I had the post game show on WGR.  They were talking about the goalies, and some guy called up and said, "Marty's got to go!  It's time to trade this bum!"

I was cracking up, man.  That was great.  What have you done for me lately?

Seriously though, Marty can get hot when the team is playing well in front of him, but throughout his long career, he has a history of at least one soft goal per game.

540754[/snapback]

or two goals, as was the case last night.

I don't think he's put in the time to deserve the honor just yet.  He's got plenty of time.  I'd be alot more pissed if I was Spezza or McCabe.

Welcome to being the best country in the world in the sport.  It's tough to pick a team when in all likelihood you could field 2 teams that would be favorites for the gold medal.  Be happy it's still that way.

540527[/snapback]

I think Spezza is the one that should be pissed the most. He is one of the top 10 players in the world in my opinion.

Sabres just looked confused last night. In the end, this loss may let a little pressure out, they seemed tense and unable to get into a flow.

I hope they start Miller next. (of course I have fantasies about a new Sauve/Edwards rotation. )

It was a great run, anyway.

A few things...

Yes to Speeza and Heatley.

At 18, Crosby is very good and will most likely be great but Canada has a lot of very good players that do deserve the opportunity to earn a gold medal. Crosby will most likely get his first opportunity when he is 22 (amazing).

Canada could field two teams. I would rather stay out of the provincial disputes as in some cases they cause more damage than good. Quebec is well represented and will be well represented. I don't doubt that the individuals picking the teams consider where the players are from when making their selections. However, they do so not to spite any player but to spread the opportunities out to very good players from all over Canada. I do believe that the selectors are looking for a certain style of player and overall compatability among the players. An early loss in the tournament can really hurt the shot at the gold.

As for the Sabres game last night, they looked flat from the start. The team as a whole let Biron out to dry. The Sabres took some bad penalties, ex: too many men on the ice. The Sabres almost had as many shots on goal but many of these shots weren't from close range until they woke up in the third period. The Sabres did have some good opportunities in the third with the puck sliding through the crease on a few occasions. The Panthers played well by standing the Sabres up at the blueline and forechecking. The Panthers were also very good in the later part of the game with the power play. Consider this loss like the 5-0 loss to the Sharks a while back. Tonight is a chance to turn it back on. Hopefully, Lindy Ruff lit into them a bit. It might be a good night to give Biron a break. And enough with the comebacks, it is a good night for a fast start.