GO SABRES!!!

stevestojan

And SEVEN points ahead in the standings.

540489[/snapback]

if only we had a more capable goaler and not that 6 million dollar sack of sh-- loanshark in nets who is now nursing his groin injury, we'd probably be doing a lot better.

No.

Drury (USA)

Numminen, Lydman (Finland)

Hecht (Germany)

540515[/snapback]

they are going nuts here over the selections

some people want the coach's head for choosing Bertuzzi, Doan and Heatley.

Personally I think Quebec should do their own team and to the hell with the rest of Canada.

they are going nuts here over the selections

some people want the coach's head for choosing Bertuzzi, Doan and Heatley.

Because Crosby didn't make it?

Personally I think Quebec should do their own team and to the hell with the rest of Canada.

540521[/snapback]

Gotta love the French/Canadian attitude. :D

Because Crosby didn't make it?

Gotta love the French/Canadian attitude.   :D

540522[/snapback]

I think Crosby should be there. He will most likely be the captain for Canada for the future. At least on the standby team.

Bertuzzi because, well he's a criminal, i won't argue about the decisions of the courts but this is not the type of player i'd like to see representing Canada.

Shane Doan because he made some anti-french remarks to a referee recently and will most likely be suspended.

It's not really the French Canadian Attitude, i see it more as a lot of players are being left out that should be there. Canada leaves out many players that would start on any other national team. And you could easily argue that Quebec produces the most hockey players in the NHL. It's not really an anti-Canada sentiment, even though i probably made it seem like that.

I think Crosby should be there.  He will most likely be the captain for Canada for the future.  At least on the standby team.

I don't think he's put in the time to deserve the honor just yet. He's got plenty of time. I'd be alot more pissed if I was Spezza or McCabe.

It's not really the French Canadian Attitude, i see it more as a lot of players are being left out that should be there.  Canada leaves out many players that would start on any other national team.  And you could easily argue that Quebec produces the most hockey players in the NHL.  It's not really an anti-Canada sentiment, even though i probably made it seem like that.

540524[/snapback]

Welcome to being the best country in the world in the sport. It's tough to pick a team when in all likelihood you could field 2 teams that would be favorites for the gold medal. Be happy it's still that way.

I don't think he's put in the time to deserve the honor just yet.  He's got plenty of time.  I'd be alot more pissed if I was Spezza or McCabe.

He hasn't earned the honor, i agree, but damn would he look good on that team.  I personally think that the experience of playing with these players would help him develop further.  It's a shame that Lemieux is not totally healthy or Crosby would have learned so much more on the ice. 

Welcome to being the best country in the world in the sport.  It's tough to pick a team when in all likelihood you could field 2 teams that would be favorites for the gold medal.  Be happy it's still that way.

540527[/snapback]

I agree and disagree. Canada in itself as a nation is not as united as it once was. As a result, there is an anti-quebec sentiment from western canada and vice versa. Every province except for Ontario wants out of Canada, if this is the case, I wouldn't mind seeing regional teams.

I understand your point though.

I agree and disagree.  Canada in itself as a nation is not as united as it once was.  As a result, there is an anti-quebec sentiment from western canada and vice versa.  Every province except for Ontario wants out of Canada, if this is the case, I wouldn't mind seeing regional teams. 

I understand your point though.

540531[/snapback]

I can't blame anyone for not wanting to be a part of today's Canada. The federal government has entirely too much power and is extraordinarily corrupt. I think Quebec made a target of itself when it openly talked of seceding.

I can't blame anyone for not wanting to be a part of today's Canada.  The federal government has entirely too much power and is extraordinarily corrupt.  I think Quebec made a target of itself when it openly talked of seceding.

540536[/snapback]

But it is not the only one. Alberta has been talking of separating since the scandals and so has much of BC, it just hasn't been publicized much. Even though, I like Canada as a country but why would I want to be a part of a country who clearly has stolen close to billions of dollars from it's taxpayers, and yet continually cuts programs out from those who need it the most.

Nobody will vote Parti Quebecois because they are french. Nobody will vote conservative because they're afraid of change, looks like liberals will win again.

But it is not the only one.  Alberta has been talking of separating since the scandals and so has much of BC, it just hasn't been publicized much.  Even though, I like Canada as a country but why would I want to be a part of a country who clearly has stolen close to billions of dollars from it's taxpayers, and yet continually cuts programs out from those who need it the most. 

Nobody will vote Parti Quebecois because they are french.  Nobody will vote conservative because they're afraid of change, looks like liberals will win again.

540539[/snapback]

I always shake my head when people are surprised that governments steal their money. It's always been that way and I just can't see why it would ever change. The only solution is to give them alot less money and power over your life.