David Gilmour on tour!

duey

I am so totally pumped! On Tuesday, I scored two good seats to see David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall in NYC on April 6. He's only doing two dates in NY, two in Chicago, two in LA, two in Oakland and two in Toronto. Those are the only North American dates, and he's playing the smaller, theater-type venues.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :doh::D:lol:

thats not a tour, thats a weekend get away! :doh: why wouldn't someone like that do a tour that his/her fans could access?

I am so totally pumped!  On Tuesday, I scored two good seats to see David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall in NYC on April 6.  He's only doing two dates in NY, two in Chicago, two in LA, two in Oakland and two in Toronto.  Those are the only North American dates, and he's playing the smaller, theater-type venues.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D  :lol:  :w00t:

539886[/snapback]

I am so totally pumped!  On Tuesday, I scored two good seats to see David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall in NYC on April 6.  He's only doing two dates in NY, two in Chicago, two in LA, two in Oakland and two in Toronto.  Those are the only North American dates, and he's playing the smaller, theater-type venues.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :doh:  :D  :lol:

539886[/snapback]

I saw him about 15 years ago in Orando- absolutely kicked assss!!!

Rick worked with Dave on the album, and there have been rumors that he will join the tour too. Nick also helped on the album, but I've heard it's unlikely that he will tour.

Now...Roger lives in NYC. I wonder what the chance is of him joining Dave for a song or two. :doh::D:lol:

Rick worked with Dave on the album, and there have been rumors that he will join the tour too.  Nick also helped on the album, but I've heard it's unlikely that he will tour.

Now...Roger lives in NYC.  I wonder what the chance is of him joining Dave for a song or two.  :doh:  :D  :lol:

539917[/snapback]

I'd put the odds at slim and none, but hope for your sake I'm wrong.

Saw Gilmour in '84 on the About Face tour. Show was very stripped down from a Floyd show, focus was on the music. Excellent show. He played pretty much everything off About Face and the 2 instrumentals off his 1st album. He also played Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell. I had hoped he'd play There's No Way Out of Here but he didn't, probably because he didn't write that one.

Like I said, it was an excellent show. There was one strange thing about the show. Gilmour and the Pretenders were scheduled to play in Buffalo about the same time. Pretenders had their biannual death in the family and cancelled the show. Pretenders had an opening act scheduled, Gilmour didn't. They had the Pretenders opening band Icicle Works open for Gilmour. Bad choice. The band was decent, but totally wrong as an opening act for him.

Saw Gilmour in '84 on the About Face tour.  Show was very stripped down from a Floyd show, focus was on the music.  Excellent show.  He played pretty much everything off About Face and the 2 instrumentals off his 1st album.  He also played Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell.  I had hoped he'd play There's No Way Out of Here but he didn't, probably because he didn't write that one.

539971[/snapback]

At Shes's Buffalo? I was there, great show. I think he had Mick Ralphs from Bad Company playing in his band IIRC.

Oops, Shea's :doh:

Edited by Rico

Do you remember the opening band?

Icicle Works, for all you 80's New Wave fans. :doh:

540249[/snapback]

As I had babbled about in my original post, they were originally scheduled to open for the Pretenders until that show got cancelled. Whisper to a Scream was the only song of theirs that I ever heard on the radio.

As I had babbled about in my original post, they were originally scheduled to open for the Pretenders until that show got cancelled.  Whisper to a Scream was the only song of theirs that I ever heard on the radio.

540262[/snapback]

Sorry :doh: been in & out of meetings all day, missed that part. :D

I went to get tickets for NYC or Toronto...either they sold out, or there are no more tix available for pre-sale.

PTR

540281[/snapback]

You can get 'em on empiretickets.com, but the cheapest I saw were ~$300.00. Some going for over $1,000. I'd *love* to see them. Was already to put myself in the dog house by buying two seats in Toronto, but there's no way I'm spending that much.

• 1 month later...

i thought i'd bump this thread as it was announced today that rick wright is joining the tour. that's 50% of pink floyd, or 66⅔% depending on how you look at it...

pink floyd 1994 tour lineup (less backing singers):

- David Gilmour / guitars, vocals

- Richard Wright / keyboards, vocals

- Nick Mason / drums, percussion

- Guy Pratt / bass, vocals

- Jon Carin / keyboards, vocals

- Dick Parry / barritone & tenor saxophone

- Tim Renwick / guitars, vocals

- Gary Wallis / percussion

david gilmour 2006 tour lineup:

- David Gilmour - guitars, vocals

- Richard Wright - Pink Floyd’s keyboard player