I know how to "Fix" JP Losman

OnTheRocks

Some might say he doesn't need fixing. I say he is destined to be a mediocre player unless he learns to play in the NFL. He has the physical tools he needs the mental tools.

I would....and I know this is never going to happen....but after reading the article in The Sporting News yesterday about the league wide crisis at QB, JP Losman wouldn't be the only QB to benefit from this......I would send him to NFL Europe.

This might have been mentioned before in the past, in one of the 1001 threads about Losman, and if it was I am sorry to drudge it up.

I am not in anyway comparing Losman's ability to Jim Kelly, but I think Jim Kelly learned a lot of mental toughness and how to make quick, instantaneous decisions while playing in the USFL......and he didn't get killed doing it.

Some might say he doesn't need fixing.  I say he is destined to be a mediocre player unless he learns to play in the NFL.  He has the physical tools he needs the mental tools.

I would....and I know this is never going to happen....but after reading the article in The Sporting News yesterday about the league wide crisis at QB, JP Losman wouldn't be the only QB to benefit from this......I would send him to NFL Europe.

This might have been mentioned before in the past, in one of the 1001 threads about Losman, and if it was I am sorry to drudge it up.

I am not in anyway comparing Losman's ability to Jim Kelly, but I think Jim Kelly learned a lot of mental toughness and how to make quick, instantaneous decisions while playing in the USFL......and he didn't get killed doing it.

539835[/snapback]

Oh yea, I can just see your starting QB, who you invested a two first rounders in, tearing an ACL due to some juiced up nobady wanting to make a name for himself, all in a game that is meaningless.

Having said that, I think it would be a great idea that will never happen

Give JP a running game and I bet he looks like a different QB. Hell give him some coaches that know how to game plan and I bet he looks great!

539840[/snapback]

i suppose the typical response to that will be, "give willis mcgahee a passing game and he will be a better RB".

which is it? I know the root of the problem is the offensive line. but provide those guys with a quality offensive line and i think the passing game is still going to suffer due to Losmans complete inability to complete a simple GD Freakin' 5 yard out pattern.

he tossed 3 TDs in one quarter, and has put up some quality bombs this season.

he can run very well.

i think he should be good, our O as a unit is pretty god aweful, let's get some pro level coaches and a couple linemen in here and see what happens.

i suppose the typical response to that will be, "give willis mcgahee a passing game and he will be a better RB". 

which is it?  I know the root of the problem is the offensive line.  but provide those guys with a quality offensive line and i think the passing game is still going to suffer due to Losmans complete inability to complete a simple GD Freakin' 5 yard out pattern.

539844[/snapback]

Might sound juvenile but - I would rather have a runnning game for those 5 yarders and JP consistently throwing long strikes.

Might sound juvenile but - I would rather have a runnning game for those 5 yarders and JP consistently throwing long strikes.

539905[/snapback]

so i suppose on 3rd and 5 you are going to run the ball or throw a long ball?

but provide those guys with a quality offensive line and i think the passing game is still going to suffer due to Losmans complete inability to complete a simple GD Freakin' 5 yard out pattern.

539844[/snapback]

Sounds like you stopped watching him at @ week 5

Sounds like you stopped watching him at @ week 5

539929[/snapback]

Maybe its just me, but I suspect its easier to get JP to throw a five yard out pattern than it will to get Kelly Holcombe to throw a 40 yard pass to Evans. JP will be fine. Our problem on offense is our offensive line, including the tight end position. Period.

Maybe its just me, but I suspect its easier to get JP to throw a five yard out pattern than it will to get Kelly Holcombe to throw a 40 yard pass to Evans. JP will be fine.  Our problem on offense is our offensive line, including the tight end position.  Period.

539935[/snapback]

At least when faced with a 4th and 8 against the Panthers he threw a 10 yard pass for a first down than Holcomb who on 4th and 9 checked down real quick to a 2 yard pass in the flat showing no guts whatsoever...

which is it? 

Count the men in the box. There's your answer.

I know the root of the problem is the offensive line.  but provide those guys with a quality offensive line and i think the passing game is still going to suffer due to Losmans complete inability to complete a simple GD Freakin' 5 yard out pattern.

539844[/snapback]

I just learned that TD wasn't the guy who pulled the trigger on O'Donnell. He was the guy who decided to show O'Donnell the door so the Steelers could begin the Kordell Stewart era.

Later on, TD said that in the judgement of most, there was a big three to the QB position in the 2004 draft. But, in his own opinion, there was a big four in that draft. Does TD have a thing for mobile but inaccurate QBs? Could Losman be our Kordell Stewart?

I think Jim Kelly learned a lot of mental toughness and how to make quick, instantaneous decisions while playing in the USFL......and he didn't get killed doing it.

539835[/snapback]

Actually, Kelly was sacked well over 100 times in his 2 year USFL career and took a hellacious beating. Losman couldn't withstand that, he has the pumped-up weight room physique like RJ, not the natural sturdy frame of guys like Favre, Bledsoe, Kelly or Elway.

He has the physical tools he needs the mental tools.

539835[/snapback]

Give JP a running game and I bet he looks like a different QB. Hell give him some coaches that know how to game plan and I bet he looks great!

If I had a nickel for every time I heard these phrases about a Buffalo quarterback...