JP Should Start

Frez

Maybe JP's still injured?  :doh:

People need to take off the tinfoil hats and stop imagining the black helicoptors.

539833[/snapback]

Come on Fez, do you really believe he's injured and can't start? I think Mike Mularkey is very afraid of his job all of a sudden. He knows the heat is on and this team needs a win to help Mularkey retain his job. Mike Mularkey needs to prove that he has not lost this team. IMHO that's why Holcomb will start. Mularkey needs to show Mr. Wilson he still has control over his team.

From Billsdaily.com

Holcomb Likely To Start: J.P. Losman took part in individual drills in practice today adding to the possibility that he will start Christmas Eve's game against Cincinnati. Coach Mularkey said he threw the ball well in limited work and will give Losman another day to see how he feels. Right now however he is thinking he will start Kelly Holcomb at quarterback. Losman can use all the work he can get as the Bills try to develop him for next season. The coach said the main reason he would go with Kelly is because Losman has some soreness still and they want to be smart about it and he has not had much practice time. His gut instinct tells him to start Holcomb and make Losman the number two man. He did leave the door open slightly for that to change if Losman's soreness goes away.

Come on Fez, do you really believe he's injured and can't start? I think Mike Mularkey is very afraid of his job all of a sudden. He knows the heat is on and this team needs a win to help Mularkey retain his job. Mike Mularkey needs to prove that he has not lost this team. IMHO that's why Holcomb will start. Mularkey needs to show Mr. Wilson he still has control over his team.

What does MM have to gain by starting KH over JPL? Nothing at all.

True.  At 4-10 any chance to save himself is gone. It is in Ralph's and TD's hands now.

539848[/snapback]

Could it be he already knows he's finished here, and he's desperately trying to get a win to save some face for a future job somewhere else? Naw...it couldn't be that.

Mike Mularkey needs a win or respectable showing to show Mr. Wilson that he has NOT lost this team. Kelly Holcomb gives Mularkey the best chance to win, that is why Kelly Holcomb is starting and JP will be on the bench. I'm betting that Mr. Wilson will use these last two games to really see where Mularkey stands going into next season.

Donahoe is gone and now Ralph needs to see where Mularkey stands.

Mike Mularkey needs a win or respectable showing to show Mr. Wilson that he has NOT lost this team. Kelly Holcomb gives Mularkey the best chance to win, that is why Kelly Holcomb is starting and JP will be on the bench. I'm betting that Mr. Wilson will use these last two games to really see where Mularkey stands going into next season.

539864[/snapback]

I think he knows he gone and is auditioning for future jobs. 6-10 or 5-11 looks a lot better than 4-12, and if they can accidentally win one game, it looks like he hasn't lost the team. The only sane move for the future of this team is to play Losman, but Mularkey is only out for Mularkey at this point. He'll be an OC somewhere else next year.

539864[/snapback]

Yeah, that's gotta be it. :doh:

What does MM have to gain by starting KH over JPL?  Nothing at all.

539841[/snapback]

Maybe .... just MAYBE .... MM has decided that JP is not HIS pick for next years starting QB, and he's giving KH some experiance.

If I were MM (and I'm not) facing the end of the year evaluation with Ralph, my gameplan to save my job would be something like this.......

"Look Mr. Wilson, we gave the kid the best shot we could, twice this season, he just don't have it. Giving JP his fair chance pretty much bunged up the season for us, once we got him out we were fighting an uphill battle, and then the injuries set in. We have Holcomb, and we can get another vet QB ... and I really think we can compete next year. All we have to do is get rid of some malcontents like Adams, get a vet caretaker QB, and heal up our injured players like Spikes and Williams and we've got a pretty damn solid team here .... We don't want to screw it up now do we Mr. Wilson ..... ahhhh ...... Mr. Wilson ....... errrrrr ...... Ralph ..... waddya think .... let's give it another go."

I'm not saying Ralph will buy this tripe ........ but then again ....... I wouldn't bet against it.

Maybe .... just MAYBE .... MM has decided that JP is not HIS pick for next years starting QB, and he's giving KH some experiance.

If I were MM (and I'm not) facing the end of the year evaluation with Ralph, my gameplan to save my job would be something like this.......

"Look Mr. Wilson, we gave the kid the best shot we could, twice this season, he just don't have it. Giving JP his fair chance pretty much bunged up the season for us, once we got him out we were fighting an uphill battle, and then the injuries set in. We have Holcomb, and we can get another vet QB ... and I really think we can compete next year. All we have to do is get rid of some malcontents like Adams, get a vet caretaker QB, and heal up our injured players like Spikes and Williams and we've got a pretty damn solid team here .... We don't want to screw it up now do we Mr. Wilson ..... ahhhh ...... Mr. Wilson ....... errrrrr ...... Ralph ..... waddya think .... let's give it another go."

I'm not saying Ralph will buy this tripe ........ but then again ....... I wouldn't bet against it.

539873[/snapback]

Ummm - you wouldn't be against going with Holcomb as next year's QB? And what has KH done to impress you enough this year to earn the starting spot next year?? :doh:

If he can play put in JP....Huckle Berry Hound and his noodle arm can beat it for all I care....He's the QB I don't want on my team next year....He's shown me nothing that Mathews couldn't have done...or any other vet out there....BYE BYE KELLY!

Let's put or future QB on the bench cause he's sore but throwing ok in practice? Fez, you're buying the kool aid?

539879[/snapback]

He's LIMITED in practice. That's not the same as "throwing ok in practice." If the kid's injured, you want to risk putting him in the game? Remember when TKO was had a "sore leg" at the start of the season, and he was told (privately) what the risk was to continue playing? Who are you to say that the doctors havn't said the same thing could happen to JPL's shoulder if he throws in a game? You want him out for next season rehabbing?

You're not a doctor, I'm not a doctor, and we're not privy to 99% of what's going on at OBD. To take your guesses and claim them as fact is ridiculous.

CW

Ummm - you wouldn't be against going with Holcomb as next year's QB?  And what has KH done to impress you enough this year to earn the starting spot next year??  :doh:

539877[/snapback]

No .. no ..no no no ....

Those aren't MY words ...... those are words that WOULD be mine if I were MM (and I'm not) trying to save my job.

And to answer yor question as if I were MM (which I'm not)

"Why yes, Kelly could do fine as our QB next year. We don't need a gunslinger type of QB ..... what we need is a "game management" type of QB who can move the chains. We need to develop a mistake free Offense who can sustain drives, along with an opportunistic defense. This team CAN play a field position game where the offense takes advantage of good field position, and the Special teams gives them good field position, and the defense creates turnovers putting the offense in even BETTER field position. We have the Special teams already in place, minus the injury problems of this year we also are almost there with the defense, and with a veteren "game managment" type of QB, and some tweeking of the line, the offense is pretty darn close"

Please keep in mind ...... those words are as they come out of MM's mouth (which is not mine).