John Abraham's status as a free agent?

so who/what type of players should the bills look at in free agency this off-season?

540253[/snapback]

The usual suspects.

Guard. Tackles. DTs. DEs. Safety. CB. Maybe LB depending on Spikes. Pending Everett's health and if he's any good, we might swap TE for WR this year if Moulds leaves and Roscoe flakes out.

We've given the LS and the K a reprieve. :doh:

darren howard will get a contract quite similar to john abraham......he's just as much a "superstar" as john abraham....

540228[/snapback]

You're right - he's not as big a name, just a bigger presence on the field. I'd take Howard over Abraham

When John Abraham is healthy they dont get much better as far as pass rushing de's, but he has a knack for managing not to stay healthy. However it's without a doubt he'd be a serious upgrade over chris kelsay and fill a need for a pass rushing end. We had our chance at howard in 2000 and instead opted for erik flowers. Howard went 7 spots later.

I also think someone like raheem brock would be someone to look at. A Bit better pass rusher then kelsay and stouter against the run. Can't imagine we'd have to break the bank for him allowing us to spread the money to other areas like dt, oline and cb if clements leaves.

so who/what type of players should the bills look at in free agency this off-season?

I'll take one of these offensive lineman (would really love both but it aint going to happen, we would be lucky to land one though) : Hutchinson (Sea) or LeCharles Bentley (NO). Sign one of these guys and then pull of drafting DeBrickshaw, our line would go from terrible to pretty damn good (on paper anyway). Mike Williams has made me a little scared of DeBrickshaw though.

i'd go for hutch and bently, perhaps another top G in place of one of them.

if we ditch MW that is another guy we need, don't know who is there at RT.

i'd like to draft Ngata, and abraham would be the next peice in our D

with spikes back and keeping clements, a dline of

kelsey

aaron

abraham

adams

ngata

edwards

grady or some other FA DT

would really set this team off