UB plays tonight

PromoTheRobot

Laugh if you will, but this was one INCREDIBLE game! UB was lucky to win.

Elon took a 8 point lead with 4 minutes left. UB comes back to go up by 1 with 22sec left. Elon drives to the basket and scores with 4sec to go up 67-66 BUT!!!! Ref calls a charge! No bucket, UB ball! Foul on the inbound, UB gets two on the line. Now it's 68-65 with 2sec left. Elon throws the long inbound pass and gets off a 3 at the buzzer...GOOD! BUT!!!!! Ref says Elon player stepped on the line!! 2-point bucket...UB WINS 67-66!!!!

UB is now 9-1 but this game was one they deserved to lose! Maybe the long layoff made them rusty. Elon took them to OT last year. Buffalo better get their crap together before they start the MAC portion of their schedule. You could hear Coach Reggie screaming at his guys during the game. Ice cold shooting and dumb turnovers.

PTR

Laugh if you will, but this was one INCREDIBLE game!  UB was lucky to win. 

Elon took a 8 point lead with 4 minutes left.  UB comes back to go up by 1 with 22sec left.  Elon drives to the basket and scores with 4sec to go up 67-66 BUT!!!! Ref calls a charge!  No bucket, UB ball!  Foul on the inbound, UB gets two on the line.  Now it's 68-65 with 2sec left.  Elon throws the long inbound pass and gets off a 3 at the buzzer...GOOD!  BUT!!!!!  Ref says Elon player stepped on the line!!  2-point bucket...UB WINS 67-66!!!!

UB is now 9-1 but this game was one they deserved to lose!  Maybe the long layoff made them rusty.  Elon took them to OT last year.  Buffalo better get their crap together before they start the MAC portion of their schedule.  You could hear Coach Reggie screaming at his guys during the game.  Ice cold shooting and dumb turnovers.

PTR

539633[/snapback]

Yup. I was sitting in the 2nd row, right behind the 3 Buff News guys, including Sullivan. TD and his family were also there.

Outside of Cage, UB has no one that can hit an outside shot. Cage literally won them the game at the end by hitting 3-4 3 pointers. They're in big trouble come conference games next month, unless they can shoot better and hit free throws. They do play great D and have tons of energy. Graduation took away their best players and reality may set in next month. Witherspoon is an excellent Coach and will work on these guys.

Yup. I was sitting in the 2nd row, right behind the 3 Buff News guys, including Sullivan. TD and his family were also there.

Outside of Cage, UB has no one that can hit an outside shot. Cage literally won them the game at the end by hitting 3-4 3 pointers. They're in big trouble come conference games next month, unless they can shoot better and hit free throws. They do play great D and have tons of energy. Graduation took away their best players and reality may set in next month. Witherspoon is an excellent Coach and will work on these guys.

540049[/snapback]

I think they are better than they looked last night. I watched them beat a pretty good Rutgers team two weeks ago. That Elon game had "trap" written all over it. Coach Reggie is an excellent coach. He was late for his radio post-game interview because he was probably ripping his team a new one in the locker room. He won't stand for anything less than 100% from his team.

I think they will be ready by January when the MAC part of their schedule begins. Just don't look past Delaware State.

PTR

540049[/snapback]

I forgot to ask....Was TD and Jerry Sullivan sitting together sharing a popcorn? :doh:

PTR