Moorman named to Pro Bowl

Kent14

way to go.

i think moorman had a better year last year. whatever, he's a punter.

539524[/snapback]

Agreed, I'm not that happy with how he's played this year actually. Way too many touchbacks for my liking.

Agreed, I'm not that happy with how he's played this year actually.  Way too many touchbacks for my liking.

539613[/snapback]

9 touchbacks, 20 kicks downed inside the 20.

Not bad, considering the Bills punt from inside the opponents' 40-yard line more than any other team... B-)

Not bad, considering the Bills punt from inside the opponents' 40-yard line more than any other team...  B-)

539660[/snapback]

Perhaps I'll be able to get a sweet Moorman pro-bowl jersey like your Moulds one.

Not bad, considering the Bills punt from inside the opponents' 40-yard line more than any other team...  B-)

539660[/snapback]

So a third of his kicks that he attempts to pin a team end up in the end zone (and 13% of his total kicks). Mooreman's 9 TBs ties for 5th most in the ENTIRE league and his 13% in the end zone gives him the 6th worse % in the league.

Compare that to someone like Stanely of the Texans who has pinned 24 inside the 20 yard line with only 1 TB. Stanely's ave of 38 yards is the worst in the AFC but I'd take a guy that will pin a team and not overkick into the endzone (thereby padding his numbers)

You also have guys like Nick Harris of Detroit who has pinned 28 inside the 20 and only had 2 TBs or Mitch Berger in NO who has pinned 26 inside the 20 and only 2 TBs.

You get the picture. Mooreman's 9 TBs is horrible when compared to the league's other good punters. Don't get me wrong I like the guy but he was better last season.

So a third of his kicks that he attempts to pin a team end up in the end zone (and 13% of his total kicks).  Mooreman's 9 TBs ties for 5th most in the ENTIRE league and his 13% in the end zone gives him the 6th worse % in the league.

Compare that to someone like Stanely of the Texans who has pinned 24 inside the 20 yard line with only 1 TB.  Stanely's ave of 38 yards is the worst in the AFC but I'd take a guy that will pin a team and not overkick into the endzone (thereby padding his numbers)

539734[/snapback]

How often is Stanley kicking from inside the 50, much less the 40? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also interesting that all three of the punters you reference call domes home...

How often is Stanley kicking from inside the 50, much less the 40? Inquiring minds want to know.

539736[/snapback]

Bottom line is Moorman's one of the league leaders in TBs which equates to him not doing his job that well this year.

Bottom line is Moorman's one of the league leaders in TBs which equates to him not doing his job that well this year.

539744[/snapback]

Even if four of those touchbacks came from 41 yards or under - including one from 34 and another from 33 - and the other five averaged a 38-yard net?

You're right, my bad. He's obviously having an off-year.