Do you think we resign Ron Edwards?

Stl Bills

i'd rather see edwards go........to many injury concerns and when he has been given a chance he hasn't stepped up......

options to consider in free agency (listed in order of preference):

1) rocky bernard

2) larry tripplett

3) ryan pickett

4) grady jackson

5) damoine lewis

6) ma'ake kemoetu

As somebody who. lives in St. Louis and with two diehard Rams fans I can honestly say that although number 3 and 5 are former first rounders they are a downgrade from Edwards. Those two and Jimmy Kennedy have been terrible their entire careers. Unfortunately I have to watch almost every Rams game and have seen both these guys play over the last few years, very unimpressed Tripplett has played pretty well this year and I wouldn't mind Grady Jackson either.

As somebody who. lives in St. Louis and with two diehard Rams fans I can honestly say that although number 3 and 5 are former first rounders they are a downgrade from Edwards.  Those two and Jimmy Kennedy have been terrible their entire careers.  Unfortunately I have to watch almost every Rams game and have seen both these guys play over the last few years, very unimpressed  Tripplett has played pretty well this year and I wouldn't mind Grady Jackson either.

539271[/snapback]

i will give you lewis for now, although i think he still has potential to breakout in the "pass rushing DT" mode (i listed him because he would be a cheaper option, which donahoe seems to love).......

however, pickett is a legit option and is enjoying a great season.........despite the fact he's been seeing double-teams frequently, he's been very disruptive and has been a force vs. the run.......the weight he added this season (to put him in the 320 range) really seems to be paying off, which indicates that the weight he was asked to lose early in his career by lovie smith may have led to his poor play early in his career........looking at replacing the run stopping that pat williams brought to the table, the bills could really use pickett.........defanite upgrade over edwards.......

If we can sign grady jackson I'd like to re-sign ron edwards but only as a rotational player. Also drafting Ngata giving us a nice dt rotation of

Jackson/Adams/Ngata/Edwards/Anderson at least for next year.

Instantly improving our dline and thus our entire defense. It might be a little over board but this strategy of going heavy on dline has worked for the pats eagles bears and several other teams so why not if it's cap managable.

Big Sam will not be in a Bills Uni in 2006 unless MM is gone, even then I doubt he will be here. As for Pickett I do think he is the better of the two Stl DT's mentioned but he is still an underachiever and I would say at most he is as good as Ronny Edwards. Pickett has a great radio show though, and does have a sweet nickname- Big Grease.