An Unauthorized Biography of CTM

/dev/null

If I remember correctly, Ivanov's experiments were motivated primarily by the idea that if Man could be mated with Apes, this would advance the idea of the mutability of species and knock God out of the sky with the bastard son of

Dr. Zaius and a second rate ballerina from the Bolshoy.

If I remember correctly, Ivanov's experiments were motivated primarily by the idea that if Man could be mated with Apes, this would advance the idea of the mutability of species and knock God out of the sky with the bastard son of

Dr. Zaius and a second rate ballerina from the Bolshoy.

538754[/snapback]

I don't know...but my initial reaction is to doubt that motivation, as it would tend to support evolutionary theory over Lysenkoism.

But then, Ol' Grandpa Joe was never really a model of rationality and consistency anyway...

I don't know...but my initial reaction is to doubt that motivation, as it would tend to support evolutionary theory over Lysenkoism. 

But then, Ol' Grandpa Joe was never really a model of rationality and consistency anyway...

538838[/snapback]

Ivanov's story is pretty wild. I think Uncle Joe pulled support so he got financing from the

the American Society of Athiesm, and he inseminated Chimps with human sperm in Africa to try to create the Humanzee.

Clive Wynne is coming out with a book about this and had a brief op-ed in the

NYTimes on Dec 12th. (but I don't think I can hotlink.)