Could we ever get Bill Parcells?

1billsfan

He's been at Dallas for three season's, but given his track record he's due for looking for a change of scenery about now. Going head to head with his understudy who's surpassed him on the best ever NFL coaches list would be a huuuuge draw. I bet he likes Spikes, Fletcher and some of the other defensive veterans. He likes strong runners like McGahee. Also, the Bills will have a high draft pick and a boat load of money to through around assuming he'd take over GM duties. What would it take to get this ball a rollin'?

He's been at Dallas for three season's, but given his track record he's due for looking for a change of scenery about now. Going head to head with his understudy who's surpassed him on the best ever NFL coaches list would be a huuuuge draw. I bet he likes Spikes, Fletcher and some of the other defensive veterans. He likes strong runners like McGahee. Also, the Bills will have a high draft pick and a boat load of money to through around assuming he'd take over GM duties. What would it take to get this ball a rollin'?

537915[/snapback]

Want to know a little something (i think I read first on this board) Parcells has a losing, yes a losing record, without ole Bill Belichek on his staff.

He saw his future with Drew on Sunday and it made him sick.

537933[/snapback]

He, of all people, knew full well what he was getting when he signed Drew.

Got him to one Super Bowl. And I wouldn't be surprised, if Parcells can plug a couple more holes and get some quality backups on their OL, if it gets him to another w/in three years. Then Parcells will retire. Again.

It'd be nice, and I'd be all for it. But it's a pipe dream.

I've been of the opinion for quite a while that Parcells is over-rated, or at least has diminished. What has he done since BB parted company with him? He certainly outmatched Marv in the Superbowl with the Giants, but that was a long time ago. Going on his last two stints, I don't think he is the answer, even if we could get him, which we can't.

if parcells is ever available, I would hope that Ralph would pay him whatever it takes to finish his career in buffalo. Parcells has expressed a liking for the Bills before, and he'd be Ralphs best shot at the big one.

and we wouldn't be able to cry about coaching anymore.

Want to know a little something (i  think I read first on this board) Parcells has a losing, yes a losing record, without ole Bill Belichek on his staff.

537956[/snapback]

Want to know a little something? Ole Bill Belichick has a losing record as a HC without Tom Brady and has not won a playoff game without Adam V.

These types of things can be twisted any way you want. Both Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick are GREAT coaches and stand head and shoulders over what we have.

I've been of the opinion for quite a while that Parcells is over-rated, or at least has diminished.  What has he done since BB parted company with him?  He certainly outmatched Marv in the Superbowl with the Giants, but that was a long time ago.  Going on his last two stints, I don't think he is the answer, even if we could get him, which we can't.

537966[/snapback]

Don't know about that. In those last two stints, the HCs who took over those teams led to a lot of playoff appearances on Parcells' work. Carroll/Belichick and Edwards.

Maybe he is just that kind of coach --- one who can build the foundation, put up the walls and roof.... maybe a little white siding. Then it takes another kind of coach to come in and work the finer details.

But that wholesale-change guy is exactly what we need right now.

plug a couple more holes and get some quality backups on their OL,

537961[/snapback]

This is the B side of the Drew Bledsoe single. The A side is that "he can still throw the deep ball". Drew will have to retire now because both the AFC and the NFC coaches now know the book on him.

Does anyone know when Parcells' contract is up?

Want to know a little something?  Ole Bill Belichick has a losing record as a HC without Tom Brady and has not won a playoff game without Adam V.

These types of things can be twisted any way you want.  Both Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick are GREAT coaches and stand head and shoulders over what we have.

537970[/snapback]

In Cleveland, Belichick was a good-to-great X's and O's coach, but he failed because he didn't have the right people. After getting fired in Cleveland, he thought a lot about the type of player he wanted. The first year or two of the New England deal were spent building up the roster the way he wanted it. So there's a reasonable explanation for why Belichick didn't get the wins earlier in his coaching career.

But where's Parcells' reason for failing to do much without Belichick? I could see him getting a losing record in his first or second year in a team like Dallas. But after he's been there a while, it's time for him to start winning some games. Playoff games. Since parting ways with Belichick, Parcells' impact in the postseason has been minimal at best.

In Cleveland, Belichick was a good-to-great X's and O's coach, but he failed because he didn't have the right people. After getting fired in Cleveland, he thought a lot about the type of player he wanted. The first year or two of the New England deal were spent building up the roster the way he wanted it. So there's a reasonable explanation for why Belichick didn't get the wins earlier in his coaching career.

But where's Parcells' reason for failing to do much without Belichick? I could see him getting a losing record in his first or second year in a team like Dallas. But after he's been there a while, it's time for him to start winning some games. Playoff games. Since parting ways with Belichick, Parcells' impact in the postseason has been minimal at best.

539788[/snapback]

The guy took Quincy Carter to the playoffs, what more do you want?

Want to know a little something?  Ole Bill Belichick has a losing record as a HC without Tom Brady and has not won a playoff game without Adam V.

537970[/snapback]

Uh, not true.

The Browns beat the Patriots (coached by the subject of this topic at the time), 20-13 in the 1994 AFC Wildcard game at ancient Cleveland Stadium.

I know. I was sitting in the Dawg Pound. And I'm pretty sure Adam Vinateri was not the Browns' kicker at the time. It was Matt Stover.

Mike

Never, EVER gonna happen. Stop dreamin. Stop dreamin. Dreamin for me now. Write it on a postcard, "Dad they broke me, Dad they broke me."

The guy we should be focusing on is Jeff Fisher. He's the only guy out there who (a) could become available and (b) would instantly turn this team around.

Hmmm...intriguing choice.  What seems to be his problem now in Tennessee?  The salary cap?  Older team?

Mike

539837[/snapback]

... more importantly, why does anyone think he's in trouble in TN? Certainly his owner and GM did not expect him to be able to field a very competitive team this year with the talent (or lack thereof) due to salary cap issues? I just can't imagine them wanting to show him the door ....