Serenity is now out on DVD

EC-Bills

I don't know about yours, but at mine you have to really work hard to find the WS.....There is like a 4:1 ratio of FS:WS and it really gets annoying. I'm so glad that Netflix's policy is to always send WS.....

538575[/snapback]

Yeah, the walmart here is pretty similar in that regard.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how unethical would it be for me to buy the movie on the way home tomorrow and, if I happen to get it for Xmas, to return the unopened Xmas one to the store with my receipt from tomorrow...? I really want to see the flick again!!! :lol:

CW

ok...just saw the movie...it was a good sci-fi flick, but nothing that would make me cream my pants like this thread and previous threads might have led me to believe...would I be much more excited if I had watched the show when it was on Fox? my wife passed out a few times during the flick

ok...just saw the movie...it was a good sci-fi flick, but nothing that would make me cream my pants like this thread and previous threads might have led me to believe...would I be much more excited if I had watched the show when it was on Fox? my wife passed out a few times during the flick

538629[/snapback]

Yeah, watching the show gives a much deeper understanding of the universe, the characters, etc. The people at work who saw the movie (but not the series) said the same thing you did -- good movie, but not the best thing since sliced bread (although you have to admit it was better than Phantom Menace and Clone Wars :lol: ). When I continced the people to go back and watch the show, they were blown away and couldn't wait to see the movie a second time. ;)

There's a reason that the series is STILL the #6 selling DVD at Amazon, even after 2+ years of release. Momentum is growing.

(for the record, Serenity is #1 :rolleyes: ).

CW

Wait a minutes, you were supposed to be buying it for everyone else if I recall correctly from the previous Serenity thread.  :rolleyes:

BTW, ajzepp, Santa says you have been more naughty than nice, FS version for you!!!!  :lol:

537880[/snapback]

Yeah, i remember something like this too. Come on, Fez where's our copy? :rolleyes:;)

So how unethical would it be for me to buy the movie on the way home tomorrow and, if I happen to get it for Xmas, to return the unopened Xmas one to the store with my receipt from tomorrow...?  I really want to see the flick again!!! :lol:

CW

538610[/snapback]

I know the wait is gonna suck, but it would be unethical to buy the movie and return it. If it makes you feel any better (probably not), I am in the same boat. No watching until this weekend.

Well, i haven't seen the plane ticket yet that you said you had bought me.  :lol:

538639[/snapback]

Hey, that's right. I remember that from the previous thread. Fez, if Lana doesn't get her ticket, you will be stuck with a FS version of Serenity!

That's awesome.....I hope people clean out the store of those things and then tell their friends and family how good the flick is.....heck, even my mom was reading the summary on back of the dvd case and she was like, "wow, this sounds like a really good movie!".

Are you a WS'er or a FS'er?

538580[/snapback]

WS - I hate missing stuff. Only had 2 WS left and a BIG stack of FS DVDs.

538629[/snapback]

My wife went to sleep (no drinking binge or anything else to make her "pass out") during it too. I think the series either grabs you or it doesn't but the film definitely adds to the backstory. From the movie you would never understand Shepherd Book's (my favorite) or Inara's role or understand some of the other plots connected to tv series but it still stands alone.

We don't have to pay tax in Oregon.  :lol:

538638[/snapback]

You always pay taxes, one way or another, even if you live in Moose-butt, Alaska.

So how unethical would it be for me to buy the movie on the way home tomorrow and, if I happen to get it for Xmas, to return the unopened Xmas one to the store with my receipt from tomorrow...?  I really want to see the flick again!!! :rolleyes:

CW

538610[/snapback]

If you're gonna do that, it's easier to just download it . :lol:;):rolleyes:

538629[/snapback]

That's kinda how I felt after I saw the pilot.....I thought it was good, and I did want to see more, but I wasn't all that into it. But the characters are so well written and acted that you can't help but really get into it as the story progresses. Serenity the film moves lightning fast in the first twenty mins. If you spend some time with the tv series and allow that 20 mins to develop over a bunch of episodes (some of which are DAMN good), I would be willing to bet you'd be on board with it more than you are now.

I'd also bet that if you watched the film again in a few months you'd be more into it now that you're 'primed' :lol:

WS - I hate missing stuff.  Only had 2 WS left and a BIG stack of FS DVDs.

538662[/snapback]

Right on.....I've got a 120" screen going and I still hate when it's FS. With TVs so inexpensive these days I'm surprised FS still has such a following. I really think that a lot of people still mistakenly believe that 'the bars' mean they are missing part of the picture.....one of life's little ironies.

Okay then where are the directions to your place?  :lol:

538647[/snapback]

I'm in the Twin Cities. Call me when you get to Minneapolis. ;)

(BTW - not kidding, if someone is in the area at some point, PM me and we can get together somewhere).

Lana, I sent the tickets to you for a few MONTHs ago! They're long since expired. I just thought you were standing me up. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

CW

Best Buy has an interesting promo. You can get $10 off if you purchase both Serenity and either BattleStar Galactica season 1 or 2. Basically, if you were going to buy one of those boxsets, you get Serenity for only $8. Hopefully that will expose more people to the series. :lol:

CW