Roscoe Parrish was the dumbest draft pick

Stl Bills

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parish was the dumbest pick?  What about Porcelain Rob, and Mcgahee?  Losman is still an unknown, but the two aforementioned flops outrate Parish.

537850[/snapback]

Um, wasn't Rob on the roster before TD got here? Let's keep some perspective, that was Butler's doing (as was giving him the $25M contract, and giving Flutie the big contract as well)

Tell me who u would drafted that would have impacted this team right away?

537766[/snapback]

I'll tell you what I was foaming at the mouth screaming at the TV while watching the draft. Don't look at the picks after 55, look what was happening from 45-55. This is where TD blew the draft. There was one guy I had targeted, and this could have gotten done easily. A small trade-up was all that was necessary.

45 Seattle (from Carolina) Tatupu, Lofa ILB

46 Miami (from Kansas City) Roth, Matt DE

47 N.Y. Jets (from Houston through Oakland) Nugent, Mike K

At this point we still had a guy who could help the club at our biggest need position. Left tackle Khalif Barnes from Washington. The next three teams picking were set at LT, so there was no chance of him being snagged, but it was obvious he wouldn't make it past Jacksonville which had a glaring hole there as well. Maybe our 2nd and 4th doesn't move us up 7 spots, or even 5 though.

48 Cincinnati Thurman, Odell ILB

49 Minnesota Johnson, Marcus OT

50 St. Louis Bartell, Ronald CB

But here was our dance partner. A team with all kinds of holes, which should have been willing to drop 4 spots and pick up our 4th round pick. We could have had our starting LT for the next 4 years right here, and the Packers guy Collins would almost surely have been there for them at 55.

51 Green Bay (from New Orleans) Collins, Nick FS

52 Jacksonville Barnes, Khalif OT

That's it, ball game. Barnes is currently starting LT for the 10-4 Jacksonville Jaguars. What's Roscoe doing to keep people off our QBs?

53 Baltimore Cody, Dan DE

54 Carolina (from Seattle) Shelton, Eric RB

55 Buffalo Parrish, Roscoe WR

Sigh.

Parrish will be a huge contributer to this team. 

Its the other years we need to focus on.

537776[/snapback]

There are two things that Roscoe Parrish will never be. One is huge, the other is a major contributor to the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

The original poster was correct. Our offensive line is flat out horrible and we do not have a decent DT on the roster. Seriously, have you watched the Bills play football?

Anderson and Bannan are slow, weak, cannot stop the run, and have zero ability to rush any NFL passer. Adams has quit. He is a non-factor.

As for the OL, they are a laughing stock.

Getting back to Parrish, he was a worthless pick. Parrish was simply another example of the idiocy of TD's recent drafts. He takes "skill players," and almost all of them are either in fact, or soon to be injured.

I worry for Parrish, and I am not embellishing even a little. A punter pushed him and he was lucky to get up. The odds of this small man surviving in this league are slim to none.

Yes, Parrish was a worse pick than MW, in the sense that at least there seemed to be a chance that MW would be more than a beached whale. It WAS stupid to make him the highest paid RT in NFL history, but so it goes.

Taking Parrish was text book lunacy.

Chris Henry just pulled a Chris Henry...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9099235

" Bengals rookie receiver Chris Henry was arrested on traffic and marijuana charges early Thursday morning, but later practiced with the team"

"Well, then, how do you judge yourself against other golfers?"

"By height..."

Khalif Barnes gets help just about every play and gets torched when he doesn't. Jax switched to a quick throw scheme to accomodate him. The dumbest Jax fans are touting a no stat effort by Freeney. Go look at the tape of that game. Barnes, when left one on one, gets burned so fast it makes your head spin. Freeney should have had a sack/forced fumble (called an incompletion) on the one play the entire first half that Barnes did not have help.

Adam Terry is terrible.

Alex Smith cannot block and does not have deep speed.

Matt Roth is coming on.

Bryant McFadden is a good man cover corner.

Roscoe has talent and was not a bad pick, except for the non-need issue. The 2005 NFL Draft was HORRID at the OL position...

Roscoe will be a good player for the Bills. I agree the problem was that he was not a need! Again, we were drafting skill positions instead of fortifying the most important positions the OL and DL (after we left both Jennings and PW go).

Mike Williams was pretty dumb.  Trading a #1 for Drew Bledsoe was pretty dumb.  And give JP Losman some time to earn this label as well. 

538213[/snapback]

Yep, and Lee Evans and Willis were dumb too. Or are they only dumb when they don't work out several years down the line.... :lol:;)

it was definately a dumb pick,but even though willis is better than travis i hated the willis pick.we drafted a guy with our#1 pick that we knew was hurt and had to sit him for a year.only a playoff contender or superbowl champ can draft like that and we werent and arent lol

it was definately a dumb pick,but even though willis is better than travis i hated the willis pick.we drafted a guy with our#1 pick that we knew was hurt and had to sit him for a year.only a playoff contender or superbowl champ can draft like that and we werent and arent lol

538673[/snapback]

IMHO I think you have it backwards on Willis. A team that is a playoff contender drafts for today, a team that is in a rebuild can better afford to wait a year for a potential superstar because they are not in win now mode. The more holes you have, the more you need to fill them with best available player. The Bills knew Travis was a toke away from suspension when they drafted Willis for the long run over a fumbler who also had legal & character problems. At that point in the draft, Willis made the most sense, despite what some in the media have said.

I also think the Everett pick is going to be a good one which is why I am not worried about drafting a TE in this upcoming draft.......

The fact is.....we need to have Mgt and then a HC who as a COACHING PHILOSOPHY.....especially on offense......

- If he wants JPL to chuck it 90 percent of the time (I hope that is not the case) then we need O Linemen that can friggen pass block....the one thing I am not hearing from anyone is how they see how accurate and how JPL can gun that ball in there WHEN HE HAS TIME......to me that has been the reoccuring theme of watching JPL......a little bit of time equals JPL shredding defenses both short and long.......pressure pressure pressure equals bad throws and bad decisions......

- The alternative of this would be to get O linemen who can grind out yards even when defenses bring up safeties and allow Magehee to get yards before he is touched.....a lot of people have been on Magehee...and rightfully so for the dancing....but the fact is HE HAS NO WHERE TO GO......we need guys who can open up wholes consistantly...and then you can let JPL work off playaction.

It isn't really that complicated.....we just need for our mgt to go out and get those needed guys....both on the O and D lines.  Draft halfway decent and overspend to get quality free agents to Buffalo if necessary

537787[/snapback]

The Mike Williams bust has been devastating. One change I hope that is in order is for the new collective baragining agreement to limit rookie salary and bonuses. Rookie busts ALWAYS hurt the teams that draft highest due to the incredible bonues being paid to top 5 - to - top 10 picks. Busts are happenign all the time (or injuries) and then you have gobs of wasted money on your cap. Williams was as guaranteed a pick as you could have chosen at the point he was taken and still he ended up a bust (by the way, I wish we could avoid the christmas rush and release him now).

Having said this - I agree with JfH - build the meat of the line and give JP some time to throw. PLUS, train him and the receivers for the blitz response throws. If Ralph wants to win "now" he has to force his GM to draft linemen and sign FA linemen. I don't know who will be available yet but that has to be the focus this offseason. With his injury, Edwards should be relatively cheap. Should we resign him?

-RichNJoisy

should have taken Vince Wilfork

538835[/snapback]

number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine....

.number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.... .number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.... .number

nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....

Williams was as guaranteed a pick as you could have chosen at the point he was taken and still he ended up a bust (by the way, I wish we could avoid the christmas rush and release him now).

-RichNJoisy

538887[/snapback]

I don't agree Rich. RTs just do not earn the type of money that comes along with being the 4th pick of a draft. RTs such as Runyon and MacKenzie signed UFA contracts while at the top of their game, and they were given less than Williams.

Even if the plan was to move him to LT, this in itself was a risk due to his size and lack of athleticism.

TD's draft day blunders continue to haunt this team, and drag them down. It appears that there will be cap space in 06, and we will be selecting early, with another early 3rd.

That said, looking at selections such as Williams, Parrish, Reed, and perhaps even Losman leave me with little to no confidence in the ability of TD to bring in good players.

I hope that RW has a plan.

:huh:

number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine....

.number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.... .number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.... .number

nine.....number nine.....number nine.....number nine.....

538905[/snapback]

I don't agree Rich. RTs just do not earn the type of money that comes along with being the 4th pick of a draft. RTs such as Runyon and MacKenzie signed UFA contracts while at the top of their game, and they were given less than Williams.

Even if the plan was to move him to LT, this in itself was a risk due to his size and lack of athleticism.

TD's draft day blunders continue to haunt this team, and drag them down. It appears that there will be cap space in 06, and we will be selecting early, with another early 3rd.

That said, looking at selections such as Williams, Parrish, Reed, and perhaps even Losman leave me with little to no confidence in the ability of TD to bring in good players.

538910[/snapback]

Bill - are you really this savvy? If so, kudos to you. This would mean, however, that you were critical of the pick when it was made and objected at that time to what he was paid.

Is that the case?

538910[/snapback]

There is a very recent #2 overall pick playing at RT. But im sure you will reply with he will be a LT.

TD missed on Mike Williams, many GM's thought he was the top OT in the draft.

TD's problems have been the QB spot and coaching choices. If he hits on those, we wouldnt be talking about him getting fired.

He deserves credit for signing Mike Gandy. Gandy has played at a higher level than Jonas Jennings. He signed an undrafted Free agent that has the potential to be a star OT. Although he has lacked mid round OL selections in the draft, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders, he has done alot of good things in the draft and in free agency. He let two players go that should still be here, Rueben Brown and Pat Williams.

But, the reason he will be fired is because he missed on head coaches and QB's, not because of Mike Williams, Roscoe Parrish, and Josh Reed.

Chris Henry just pulled a Chris Henry...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9099235

" Bengals rookie receiver Chris Henry was arrested on traffic and marijuana charges early Thursday morning, but later practiced with the team"

"Well, then, how do you judge yourself against other golfers?"

"By height..."

Khalif Barnes gets help just about every play and gets torched when he doesn't.   Jax switched to a quick throw scheme to accomodate him.  The dumbest Jax fans are touting a no stat effort by Freeney.  Go look at the tape of that game.  Barnes, when left one on one, gets burned so fast it makes your head spin.  Freeney should have had a sack/forced fumble (called an incompletion) on the one play the entire first half that Barnes did not have help.

Adam Terry is terrible.

Alex Smith cannot block and does not have deep speed.

Matt Roth is coming on.

Bryant McFadden is a good man cover corner.

Roscoe has talent and was not a bad pick, except for the non-need issue.  The 2005 NFL Draft was HORRID at the OL position...

538542[/snapback]

agreed!! i'm glad someone finally said this. i've been very critical of donohoe, but getting out of drafting high in the 05 draft and positioning himself for the very deep 06 draft was very wise (at least as it relates to the draft). the bills will end up with a high first rounder, a high second rounder, 2 high thirds, and a late 3rd. it's allegedly the best o-line draft in years.

p.s. i sure hope the bills win one or both of their next two games so they end up drafting between 6 & 10. it's less money, and the talent won't be worse. remember, the bills will have no interest in the marquee guys -- reggie bush and matt leinart.

agreed!! i'm glad someone finally said this. i've been very critical of donohoe, but getting out of drafting high in the 05 draft and positioning himself for the very deep 06 draft was very wise (at least as it relates to the draft). the bills will end up with a high first rounder, a high second rounder, 2 high thirds, and a late 3rd. it's allegedly the best o-line draft in years.

p.s. i sure hope the bills win one or both of their next two games so they end up drafting between 6 & 10. it's less money, and the talent won't be worse.  remember, the bills will have no interest in the marquee guys -- reggie bush and matt leinart.

538995[/snapback]

Now, giving Donahue credit for positioning the Bills high in the 06 draft is a little like giving credit to the Pats for letting Bledsoe get drilled by Mo Lewis. :huh: