we should have kept GW

SuperBills12

Yessssss!!! Bring back Gregggg and his teachers!!! Dump Bobby April on his rear end and bring back, um, whoever it was that was supposed to have been our special teams coach. Get rid of Jim McNally and return us to the good old days of Ronnie Vinlarek. Above all, bring back Kevin Gilbride!!!

Ditto Wade Phillips.  And a bunch of other guys, no doubt.  It's pretty easy to forget that not every coordinator is cut out to be a head coach, apparently.

537073[/snapback]

Unfortunately, MM is not even a good OC....He has been terrible even in

play calling.

Looks like a prime time coaching candidate....if I had to pick from MM or GW, I'd take GW, look at Washington's D with no name players

537064[/snapback]

We should have kept Chuck Knox...

Do you remember how much Williams was despised among Bills fans, when he got canned? He may well turn out to be a good head coach some day (see Belichek in Clevland vs Belichek in NE), but the Bills really had no other choice but to let him go when they did. So, let me ask you. If MM gets fired, and goes to, say, Tampa Bay, and they have a great year or two, does that mean that he will all of the sudden be a great HC somewhere else?

Ditto Wade Phillips.  And a bunch of other guys, no doubt.  It's pretty easy to forget that not every coordinator is cut out to be a head coach, apparently.

537073[/snapback]

I agree with your overall statement, but I don't think Wade Phillips was a bad head coach at all...he, and his coaching staff, were amongst the best game day coaches we have ever had. The one thing that people will always go back to, when criticizing Phillips time in Buffalo, was his "we are pretty much out of the playoff hunt" comment (which I still believe, as misguided as it may seem to the outside, was made to motivate his team), and his handling of the Flutie/Johnson situation (Ralph pulled the strings on this one), and his loyalty to a friend that he hired. He was hardly the incompetent that he is being cast as here...

Bottom line was, Phillips teams won more than they lost, went to the playoffs, and his players loved playing for him...I think he will do very well in Houston....