Haslett seeking 5 year contract extension.

PIZ

you know,

i'd really like to hear some concrete reasons or examples why haslett sucks.  does anyone know what happened with la'roi glover, johnson, or Roaf?

haslett managed to take NO to the highest level of achievement they have ever had.  Ditka couldn't do anything with them either, and haslett was saddled with Ditka's drafts (turley, ricki williams, some real disruptive goofs).

i honestly think guys learn from mistakes and haslett would be better here than in NO, and in NO he wasn't that bad.

I also think haslett would get our lines up big time.

537352[/snapback]

Colin,

Take everything in my last post, extract the sarcasm, then serve over penne.

you know,

i'd really like to hear some concrete reasons or examples why haslett sucks.  does anyone know what happened with la'roi glover, johnson, or Roaf?

haslett managed to take NO to the highest level of achievement they have ever had.  Ditka couldn't do anything with them either, and haslett was saddled with Ditka's drafts (turley, ricki williams, some real disruptive goofs).

i honestly think guys learn from mistakes and haslett would be better here than in NO, and in NO he wasn't that bad.

I also think haslett would get our lines up big time.

537352[/snapback]

Let's start with that Haslett's best season with NO was his first at 10-6. Since then he's compiled a 35-43 record. In terms of improving our lines why hasn't he been able to get more out of Darren Howard, Johnathan Smith, Charles Grant and Will Smith all of whom were selected in the first two rounds of their respective drafts?

Haslett could also serve to keep Donahoe in check if he is retained. Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey are/were basically straw men and don't have the personalities to publicly or privately challenge Donahoe on anything. Yeah, Jim, we are letting Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings walk and replacing them with minimum salary guys and you are starting JP. Haslett does not strike as the type to sahke his head and say 'OK, boss'. This is what Donahoe needs. Or perhaps even elevate Modrak. I am against completely gutting the organization.

Let's start with that Haslett's best season with NO was his first at 10-6. Since then he's compiled a 35-43 record. In terms of improving our lines why hasn't he been able to get more out of Darren Howard, Johnathan Smith, Charles Grant and Will Smith all of whom were selected in the first two rounds of their respective drafts?

537375[/snapback]

yeah, he isn't the best ever

BUT

what i want to know is why he could not be good here at all.

i think he will improve and get some things done

537375[/snapback]

if you take away this season, which you should (i think), he's at 500. that's about where marv levy (at kc) and wade phillips (at denver) were in their first stints. coaches improve, you know. and to re-emphasize, when the saints put in mickey loomis, a non-football guy, to run the show, things got bad real fast. they're a bad organization from the owner on down.

having said all of this, my hunch is that mularkey will be back next year. we'll have to see.

yeah, he isn't the best ever

BUT

what i want to know is why he could not be good here at all.

i think he will improve and get some things done

537405[/snapback]

Seems like a lot of people are looking for the best of both worlds and it probably won't happen. Good coaches that have HC experience are always at a premium, and even if one is available who actually thinks he will come here?

Let's face it; Buffalo does not have a long history of bringing in coaches with HC experience, let alone good ones. Plenty of coaches have failed much worse then Haslett and gone on to have success. Personally I would like it to be someone else, but their is a lot to be said for giving a guy a second chance, especially since he will be armed with the knowledge he didn't have before. It almost sounds like the last guy we road out of town, who also happens to be the last guy to get us to the playoffs, Wade Phillips.

The one thing about Jim Haslett that I truly LOVE is that he WANTS to coach the Buffalo Bills! For ALL the Bills historians out there, name one other coach who supposedly has an "OUT" in his contract if the dream job for him opens up, namely BUFFALO. I can't think of one. Passion alone is an interesting dynamic when you think of Haslett taking control of this franchise. That energizes me, and for the rest of you, think about that when you consider his possible hire. Lobbying hard for a particular job is done in industry all the time, but to want the Buffalo Head Coaching gig, and making it public, to a great extent, is uplifting!! :D

I'm kinda surprised that more of you guys don't want Haslett in here. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. After all, he's one of our own! Bring the guy home and let's see what he can do with a franchise he's passionate about. He's got the kind of mentality we need up here......I'm tired of this team being pushed around like a bunch of friggin pansies. Haslett is a badass....he'll knock some heads and toughen up this team.