Haslett seeking 5 year contract extension.

PIZ

There is no way he is getting a 5 year extension + control of football operations. I bet he wants the Buffalo job. I would be happy to get him and he'd be good for the city. He has been plagued in New Orleans by crappy management.

ESPN

Nah, his team quits on him every year. And as irrelevent as it may be, I will NEVER forgive him for publicly throwing Kent Hull under the bus this year. Haslett is a toolbox...

536958[/snapback]

I must have missed that about Hull, or was it the article about the steroid use. If not him, then who can be the experienced coach this team needs? Ala Parcells, Coughlin, Gibbs, Holmgren, etc......Any chance we could get Gruden?

I must have missed that about Hull, or was it the article about the steroid use.  If not him, then who can be the experienced coach this team needs?  Ala Parcells, Coughlin, Gibbs, Holmgren, etc......Any chance we could get Gruden?

536969[/snapback]

Gruden no.

Haslett - I read the article and immediately thought he is prempting an opportunity to come to Buffalo...

Not gonna happen tho.

Gruden no.

Haslett - I read the article and immediately thought he is prempting an opportunity to come to Buffalo...

Not gonna happen tho.

536981[/snapback]

I thought I remember reading that Haslett and Ralph talk weekly????? Who knows. Maybe if he had control over personnel he could do something.

I thought I remember reading that Haslett and Ralph talk weekly?????  Who knows.  Maybe if he had control over personnel he could do something.

536993[/snapback]

The only thing that makes Haslett an appealing candidate as Bills coach, is that he really wants this job, over all others. He is not a good head coach though...

And why do we want a HC that does the personnel stuff too?  Isn't that a proven recipe for disaster???

537020[/snapback]

Is football operations below the GM? I'm sure Parcells, Belichek, Coughlin, Cowher, Gibbs, Lewis, Saban all have some title or authority like football operations. Am I wrong?

And why do we want a HC that does the personnel stuff too?  Isn't that a proven recipe for disaster???

537020[/snapback]

It's more of a disaster when your personnel guy insists on drafting and signing weak and soft players when the coach says he wants to play smashmouth.

how about another injury prone,midget WR who doesn;t like snow? :(

I actually think Haslett would do a good job here. It is hard to judge him by what he did in New Orleans as that is a horrible franchise with a poor fanbase even before they hurricane. He has also been stuck with Aaron Brooks for the last 5 years. He also has an understanding of the WNY community and knows what it is like to play here. Not everyone has success with their first head coaching gig. I think he could still be a good head coach.

Haslett is a horrible coach, and I wish posters on this board would stop promoting him for the Bills job.

537177[/snapback]

Even if you are right about his coaching ability, what difference does it make if posters here promote him for HC? Ralph ain't(sic) so senile that he'd listen to our collective advice.

HASLETT SUCKS.

He has never fielded a team that played with any heart or character.

He's also a loose cannon who is prone to saying stupid schitt.

I'd be so pissed if the Bills fired one loser coach for another.

LOok at Haslett's record. Why would you want him? Just because he was a bills linebacker? Well schitt, why not sign Daryl Talley? He'd be "good for the city" too.

I actually think Haslett would do a good job here.  It is hard to judge him by what he did in New Orleans as that is a horrible franchise with a poor fanbase even before they hurricane. He has also been stuck with Aaron Brooks for the last 5 years.  He also has an understanding of the WNY community and knows what it is like to play here.  Not everyone has success with their first head coaching gig.  I think he could still be a good head coach.

537289[/snapback]

The Saints hardly have a poor fanbase. Previous to this season, they had sold out every game over the last three seasons. It is not unlike Buffalo, in that the fans are of modest income, but are dying for a good team to cheer for. They don't have the corporate sponsorships that big market teams have. I agree that it has been a horribly run franchise, but Haslett has not helped it any. The guy does, and says stupid things week after week, and butts heads with nearly everyone. His teams are characterized by in-fighting, underachieving, and lacking discipline. It may not all be Hasletts' responsibility, but he is a big part of it. He often acts on (bad) instincts, and then tries to backpeddle...he was immature as a player, and has barely evolved from those days...

I really don't want this guy back in Buffalo. I love the fact that he is an ex-Bill, and that he covets coaching in Buffalo so much, but his results have been less than stellar. He had some success early on, but his teams of the last three years have been lousy. Do we really want to go throught all of this again?

Unfortunately, I can see it happening. I don't think he would be lobbying so hard to get out of New Orleans, unless he knew someone else wanted him. I know there will be as many as 6-9 jobs available, but Buffalo is the only one where I could see him being a front running candidate...unless Matt Millen is as clueless as he seems...

The Saints hardly have a poor fanbase.  Previous to this season, they had sold out every game over the last three seasons.  It is not unlike Buffalo, in that the fans are of modest income, but are dying for a good team to cheer for. They don't have the corporate sponsorships that big market teams have. I agree that it has been a horribly run franchise, but Haslett has not helped it any.  The guy does, and says stupid things week after week, and butts heads with nearly everyone.  His teams are characterized by in-fighting, underachieving, and lacking discipline.  It may not all be Hasletts' responsibility, but he is a big part of it.  He often acts on (bad) instincts, and then tries to backpeddle...he was immature as a player, and has barely evolved from those days...

I really don't want this guy back in Buffalo.  I love the fact that he is an ex-Bill, and that he covets coaching in Buffalo so much, but his results have been less than stellar.  He had some success early on, but his teams of the last three years have been lousy. Do we really want to go throught all of this again? 

Unfortunately, I can see it happening.  I don't think he would be lobbying so hard to get out of New Orleans, unless he knew someone else wanted him. I know there will be as many as 6-9 jobs available, but Buffalo is the only one where I could see him being a front running candidate...unless Matt Millen is as clueless as he seems...

537309[/snapback]

if he's so bad, then how did manage to go 42-38 over 5 seasons (i'm not including this year for obvious reasons) for what could well be the most erratic organization in sports outside of the clippers? i'm not saying he's the second coming, but jeez guys. he's not that bad.

if he's so bad, then how did manage to go 42-38 over 5 seasons (i'm not including this year for obvious reasons) for what could well be the most erratic organization in sports outside of the clippers? i'm not saying he's the second coming, but jeez guys. he's not that bad.

537319[/snapback]

His teams have gotten worse every year...his early success was with Ditka's team! :D

you know,

i'd really like to hear some concrete reasons or examples why haslett sucks. does anyone know what happened with la'roi glover, johnson, or Roaf?

haslett managed to take NO to the highest level of achievement they have ever had. Ditka couldn't do anything with them either, and haslett was saddled with Ditka's drafts (turley, ricki williams, some real disruptive goofs).

i honestly think guys learn from mistakes and haslett would be better here than in NO, and in NO he wasn't that bad.

I also think haslett would get our lines up big time.