Cross Ron Wolf off your Christmas wish list

OnTheRocks

Wolf Not Returning to NFL --

Sun Dec 18, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Wisconsin State Journal reports former Packers GM Ron Wolf, the architect of the Green Bay Packers' 1990s renaissance, is not making a comeback. He will not be resurrecting the Detroit Lions or any other downtrodden NFL franchises. "Let's just stop," says Wolf, who retired as the Packers' general manager in June 2001. "No one's contacted me, and I have no desire to get back into it. I feel flattered by all this, but no one from Detroit's contacted me, no one from the other 31 teams has contacted me. Nor do I anticipate they will. Somebody called me today (and said they heard) that I'm coming back to work for the Green Bay Packers. It makes no sense. You would think somebody would think that through. What am I coming back as, Santa Claus?" Forget about the rumors - that Lions owner William Clay Ford might fire GM Matt Millen and hire Wolf, for $5 million annually, to run the team.

Wolf Not Returning to NFL --

Sun Dec 18, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Wisconsin State Journal reports former Packers GM Ron Wolf, the architect of the Green Bay Packers' 1990s renaissance, is not making a comeback. He will not be resurrecting the Detroit Lions or any other downtrodden NFL franchises. "Let's just stop," says Wolf, who retired as the Packers' general manager in June 2001. "No one's contacted me, and I have no desire to get back into it. I feel flattered by all this, but no one from Detroit's contacted me, no one from the other 31 teams has contacted me. Nor do I anticipate they will. Somebody called me today (and said they heard) that I'm coming back to work for the Green Bay Packers. It makes no sense. You would think somebody would think that through. What am I coming back as, Santa Claus?" Forget about the rumors - that Lions owner William Clay Ford might fire GM Matt Millen and hire Wolf, for $5 million annually, to run the team.

536800[/snapback]

Nope, no way, no how he ever comes back. Never gonna' happen. Outta' the question. Fuggedaboutit. On the Rocks has spoken. :(