Screen to Mcgahee, he runs out of bounds?

Mr. T

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but there was a play during the Denver game that continues to bother me. It was a 3rd and long (of course) and the Holcomb dumped off a pass (of course) to Mcgahee. Willis takes the pass sees a cornerback coming up on him, with a linebacker close by, and simply runs out of bouinds after a 1 yd gain. Absolutely no attempt to make anything happen! Showed NO heart!! This guy has become a joke over the last 5 or 6 weeks!!!

The " !@#$ this, I'm cold " play? The boos came down loud and long for that one. Runs sideways directly to the sidelines without any Bronco around him for a 2 yard gain and waves a guy to put a coat over him immediately. :devil:

Let's give him a big contract ! :devil:

The " !@#$ this, I'm cold " play?  The boos came down loud and long  for that one. Runs sideways directly to the sidelines without any Bronco around him for a 2 yard gain and waves a guy to put a coat over him immediately.  :devil:

Let's give him a big contract !    :devil:

536567[/snapback]

Bad shoulder??

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but there was a play during the Denver game that continues to bother me.  It was a 3rd and long (of course) and the Holcomb dumped off a pass (of course) to Mcgahee.  Willis takes the pass sees a cornerback coming up on him, with a linebacker close by, and simply runs out of bouinds after a 1 yd gain.  Absolutely no attempt to make anything happen!  Showed NO heart!!  This guy has become a joke over the last 5 or 6 weeks!!!

536559[/snapback]

It was more than 3rd and long--it was 3rd and 25 and he had three defenders coming right at him. It might have been soft for him to run out of bounds, but probably smart under the circumstances.

It was more than 3rd and long--it was 3rd and 25 and he had three defenders coming right at him. It might have been soft for him to run out of bounds, but probably smart under the circumstances.

536574[/snapback]

you always go for the extra yards, whether it will be 4th and 22 or 4th and 21. if you don't you're not a man.

536574[/snapback]

Perhaps McGahee should ask himself "What would Sweetness do?" in situations like that.

I was a 3rd and 24 and it looked more like a 4 yard out pass. Yes Mcgahee ran out of bounds before being hit (weak) but as usual he had zero blockers up front. Where have you ever seen a "screen" pass without a least a lead runner in front, or at least one pulling lineman in front?

Yes Mcgahee choice to go out of bounds was weak but this was either a blocking breakdown, or a horribly drawn up play called at the absolute worst time.

I know that would be shocking!

Or maybe the Broncs had dropped 8-9 guys again and there was just nowhere to go downfield so Holcomb checked down to a safe dump-off to give Moorman a chance to pin Denver instead of risking a turnover.

Even if it is totally deluded.

536608[/snapback]

Yeah because I'm just so fu(king stupid and delusional that anything I say couldn't possibly be accurate.

I guess I'd be better off repeatedly screaming about how glad I am the Bills lost.

Or maybe the Broncs had dropped 8-9 guys again and there was just nowhere to go downfield so Holcomb checked down to a safe dump-off to give Moorman a chance to pin Denver instead of risking a turnover.

536594[/snapback]

This can't be accurate, Holcomb never checks down to the safe dump off.

This is unfortunatly true. From my seat all I saw was Holcomb telgraphing his passes, when a near drunk fan in the stands knows where the pass is going before the QB sets up, I am quite sure the defense knows too!

Would not mind at all trading him for a high pick if it could be done. Also would give lionel Gates a shot at the back-up role with two games left. The kid is a good runner. I don't know if his blitz pick-up and passing skills stink, but I really thought he would be the back-up this year. I like Willis, but lately it strikes me as a lack of motivation. He has been thinkinbg of going back to South Beach since the temp dipped below 50 in lateOctober.

Yeah because I'm just so fu(king stupid and delusional that anything I say couldn't possibly be accurate.

I guess I'd be better off repeatedly screaming about how glad I am the Bills lost.

536616[/snapback]

you're 4-9.

At that point what is there to lose? Really.

The " !@#$ this, I'm cold " play?  The boos came down loud and long  for that one. Runs sideways directly to the sidelines without any Bronco around him for a 2 yard gain and waves a guy to put a coat over him immediately.  :(

Let's give him a big contract !    :doh:

536567[/snapback]

I thought McGahee wasn't a problem. :D