I'm not a Bears fan...BUT

ajzepp

This game is awesome....The Bears are exemplifying what a "real" football team should be like.....They are playing outdoors in cold weather, and they are knocking the Falcons all around the field. I would love to see TD get us a couple badass D linemen and find SOMEONE to instill some attitude in this team. Next year I hope to be talking about the Bills knocking around someone on a cold night at the Ralph.

Go Bills!

This game is awesome....The Bears are exemplifying what a "real" football team should be like.....They are playing outdoors in cold weather, and they are knocking the Falcons all around the field. I would love to see TD get us a couple badass D linemen and find SOMEONE to instill some attitude in this team. Next year I hope to be talking about the Bills knocking around someone on a cold night at the Ralph.

Go Bills!

536431[/snapback]

Hearing Urlacher talk about how simple their D is was pretty interesting too. Nothing fancy, they only have a couple of different blitzes...they line up and just smack you.

Go Bills!

Very reminiscent of the Pats-Bucs game from yesterday. Take a warm weather or dome team and put them in a freezing locale and it's lights-out.

I haven't seen many Bills games this year, but watching last night and comparing it to how the Bears look tonight, it's pretty clear that we're a bunch of pussies....scuse my French. My God....wasn't Roscoe afraid to come out of his damn apartment the first time it snowed? WTF is that all about? I heard that someone in the Bears front office was a potential GM candidate....I think maybe it's time we examine that option.....as much as I love TD, if he's not going to build us some dominant lines, then we need to find us someone who will.

Guest BackInDaDay
Hearing Urlacher talk about how simple their D is was pretty interesting too.  Nothing fancy, they only have a couple of different blitzes...they line up and just smack you.

536435[/snapback]

If Grossman keeps playing like he's playing tonight, they could finish as the best balanced team in the NFC. Lovie should get Coach of the year for keeping his team's head above water with the kid QB.

Did it with a dominating defense, sound special teams play, and an offense that didn't turn it over.

Man, where did I hear this before?

Very reminiscent of the Pats-Bucs game from yesterday.  Take a warm weather or dome team and put them in a freezing locale and it's lights-out.

536440[/snapback]

Yep, that's the way this game should be....I friggin hate domes. If they can play outdoors in Green Bay, then they can play outdoors ANYWHERE. We haven't had an advantage being a cold weather team for a while now.....that needs to change.

Lucky you.  :devil:  The Bills=yup you guessed it.........TD..  :devil:

536447[/snapback]

lol.....well, in all honesty, I truly believe that if TD would focus on bringing us some tough, 'beat your ass' linemen, he can get the job done as well as anyone else. He's just not doing it for some reason.....I don't get it. Chicago focused on their D line and they're dominating this year.....we already have solid LBs and DBs...but Kelsay, Bannon, Anderson, et. al aren't cutting it. We need some difference makers.

Bears HC Lovie Smith...another guy we passed over for Mullarkey.  :devil:  And the Bears have a QB as green a JP Losman.

PTR

536453[/snapback]

That's exactly how I expected our season to go.....I thought we'd play lights out defense, and JP would be able to be 'adequate' and we'd still win games. Chicago is getting it done and we've regressed. We need some Phil Hansens....Darryl Talleys.....Wil Wolfords.....guys like that. REAL football players.

Go Bills!

536431[/snapback]

What impresses me the most about the bears is that they are a TEAM in every sense of the word!

When Grossman went down earlier in the year and they had to go with Orton, did you hear any of their wide receivers start whining? No. They understood the situation and pulled together. The defense knew there was going to be more pressure on them and they did not once complain.

Of course it also helps that you have a real HC in Lovie Smith, a real OC in Ron Turner and a real DC in Ron Rivera who wouldn't put up with that crap.

It would have been nice if TD could have gotten us players and coaches with a real positive football attitude. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened. I had been a TD supporter, but it's simply time for him to move on. The only way a new attitude gets instilled is from the top down and that won't happen with TD here.

I haven't seen many Bills games this year, but watching last night and comparing it to how the Bears look tonight, it's pretty clear that we're a bunch of pussies....scuse my French. My God....wasn't Roscoe afraid to come out of his damn apartment the first time it snowed? WTF is that all about? I heard that someone in the Bears front office was a potential GM candidate....I think maybe it's time we examine that option.....as much as I love TD, if he's not going to build us some dominant lines, then we need to find us someone who will.

536444[/snapback]

I agree. And the reason the Bills have those players is because the GM and HC don't know how to evaluate character.

For starters, let's stop drafting those warm weather pussies from Criminal U in South Florida.

What impresses me the most about the bears is that they are a TEAM in every sense of the word! 

When Grossman went down earlier in the year and they had to go with Orton, did you hear any of their wide receivers start whining? No. They understood the situation and pulled together.  The defense knew there was going to be more pressure on them and they did not once complain.

Of course it also helps that you have a real HC in Lovie Smith, a real OC in Ron Turner and a real DC in Ron Rivera who wouldn't put up with that crap.

It would have been nice if TD could have gotten us players and coaches with a real positive football attitude.  Unfortunately, that hasn't happened.  I had been a TD supporter, but it's simply time for him to move on.  The only way a new attitude gets instilled is from the top down and that won't happen with TD here.

536478[/snapback]

Not to be a dick...

but they went with Grossman at the half tonight cuz Muhammed was steamed about Orton's 1st half play tonight...

Not to be a dick...

but they went with Grossman at the half tonight cuz Muhammed was steamed about Orton's 1st half play tonight...

536494[/snapback]

Good move. They looked a lot better with Grossman at QB. If he gets it going, they could be a scary team in the playoffs.

Good move.  They looked a lot better with Grossman at QB.  If he gets it going, they could be a scary team in the playoffs.

536497[/snapback]

Oh no doubt....i thought Orton shouldnt of started if Grossman was ready to go....

but someone was saying that the Bears coaches dont allow the whining reciever sh--....obviously didnt see the game tonight

Good move.  They looked a lot better with Grossman at QB.  If he gets it going, they could be a scary team in the playoffs.

536497[/snapback]

I'll wait and see what Grossman does once teams game plan for him. Lots of guys step in and play well for a half and then go through the normal growing pains that inexperience brings.

While Grossman definitely has more "upside" than Orton I have the feeling he's going to make way more mistakes too. This switch might not be to the Bears advantage given that it's difficult as hell to drive the length of the field against that D. If Grossman starts giving opposing teams a short field to work with the Bears might find themselves losing more often even if their O starts putting up more points.

In the long run Grossman is definitely the guy I'm just not so sure I'd be comfortable with him in there the rest of the way this year...and that's saying something because I think Orton is absolutely horrible.

Not to be a dick...

536494[/snapback]

They didn't change QB's because Muhammed was pissed. They changed because Orton stunk. Big difference.

Oh no doubt....i thought Orton shouldnt of started if Grossman was ready to go....

but someone was saying that the Bears coaches dont allow the whining reciever sh--....obviously didnt see the game tonight

536499[/snapback]

I know the Bear's OC and OL coach and what they will and will not put up with. I stand by my statements.

the sad thing about the bears is, this is year 2 of their new system, under their new coach. These guys were just built yesterday. And this is a team that is truly mentally tough. donahoe promised a more mentally tough team under mularkey and the opposite happened.

They have less than we have on offense, but as a TEAM they find a way to get it done.

If mularkey is our coach again next year, I'd recommend following hockey more closely next fall.