"Sorry about those Bills, but how about . . . ."

Peter

Tim Russert's closing comment on Meet the Press today:

"Sorry about those Bills, but how about those Sabres."

I always love when Tim mentions Buffalo, the Bills, and the Sabres. It is too bad that he (and we) do not have too much to cheer about with the Bills.

Yet, how about those Sabres!!!!

I am glad that we do have the Sabres to cheer about. I cannot wait to see the Sabres live when I go home for Christmas.

Sabres have another fan as well:

Irish Tenor

Ronan Tynan may just be the surprise free agent signing for the Buffalo Sabres this season.

Ronan Tynan? The outstanding Irish Tenor?

No, Tynan isn't going to be skating for the Sabres. But from an inspirational, motivational or even luck standpoint, Tynan may just be the little extra ingredient that Buffalo might need to make the Stanley Cup playoffs this year.

For those old enough to remember, it was Kate Smith who was given credit as being the good luck charm for helping the Philadelphia Flyers win back-to-back Stanley Cups in 1974-75. It seemed as though when Smith sang her rendition of "God Bless America" the Flyers almost never lost.

Sabres have another fan as well:

Irish Tenor

Ronan Tynan may just be the surprise free agent signing for the Buffalo Sabres this season.

Ronan Tynan? The outstanding Irish Tenor?

No, Tynan isn't going to be skating for the Sabres. But from an inspirational, motivational or even luck standpoint, Tynan may just be the little extra ingredient that Buffalo might need to make the Stanley Cup playoffs this year.

For those old enough to remember, it was Kate Smith who was given credit as being the good luck charm for helping the Philadelphia Flyers win back-to-back Stanley Cups in 1974-75. It seemed as though when Smith sang her rendition of "God Bless America" the Flyers almost never lost.

536394[/snapback]

I heard him sing God Bless America on Sirius radio before the game the other night. It was very moving. He has a great voice. His story also is very moving.

He was a great free agent pick up :devil:

I heard him sing God Bless America on Sirius radio before the game the other night.  It was very moving.  He has a great voice.  His story also is very moving.

He was a great free agent pick up :devil:

536399[/snapback]

And he didnt cost Darcy a dime, that's his kind of move! :devil: