anyone else wanna see our rookie rb play....

billrooter

i have for weeks i forgot his name. I kept blindly thinking they would activate him at some point, did i miss something and he's hurt?

536302[/snapback]

Yes, his name is Lionel Gates...and it would be nice to see him active and playing! Whats there to lose?? ATleast the fans would like to see him play!

Yes, his name is Lionel Gates...and it would be nice to see him active and playing! Whats there to lose?? ATleast the fans would like to see him play!

536553[/snapback]

And therein lies the problem with keeping a coach around if you know you are going to fire him at the end of the season.

You know he's gone. He knows he is probably going. The fans know he is gone. The players hope he's gone. Why not get it over with, make the OC or DC or the freaking waterboy an interim coach, and make him play the rookies. Mularkey is going to play the first stringers in order to try and squeeze out a win to pad his resume. He has zero incentive to evaluate other players because he is fighting to save his job. He should have been fired five minutes after the Miami game.

And therein lies the problem with keeping a coach around if you know you are going to fire him at the end of the season. 

You know he's gone.  He knows he is probably going.  The fans know he is gone.  The players hope he's gone.  Why not get it over with, make the OC or DC or the freaking waterboy an interim coach, and make him play the rookies.  Mularkey is going to play the first stringers in order to try and squeeze out a win to pad his resume.  He has zero incentive to evaluate other players because he is fighting to save his job.  He should have been fired five minutes after the Miami game.

536557[/snapback]

Interesting point. I've wondered how playing rookies, benchwarmers at the end of a dissapointing season affects starters that may have incentive clauses, bonuses for # starts, etc.

In 1997, the B'gals brought back Esiason, who was in 7 games total. When he started, he was 4 and 1 IIRC, and put up these numbers: 118 186 63.4 1478 7.9 13 2.

Owner Brown didn't want to pay him incentive $$$ so sat him down with a few games to go. Boomer said bye-bye.

i have for weeks i forgot his name. I kept blindly thinking they would activate him at some point, did i miss something and he's hurt?

536302[/snapback]

Lionel Gates. Yes, he looked solid in training camp and preseason and I would love to see him put in to bring WM down to earth. Our O-line is horrible but Willis looks like he doesn't want to play anymore.

I would like to see him just in case Willis pulls a holdout stunt. Be nice if gates ripped off a couple hundred yard games so if Drew(who already lost a big cliebt in Javon Walker) and Willis wnat to be knuckleheads, we can negotiate from a position of strength.