Most Gut-wrenching stat of the year

bartshan-83

Sterling Sharpe made a comment that when we stopped Denver on 4th and 1, it was the FIRST TIME all season that we had successfully prevented our opponent from converting a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1.

<_<:doh::(:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Every team playing us all year had converted every single 3rd and 1 they attempted. HOLY sh--!!!

One good thing tonight....loved the white pants with the home jerseys. Enough with the blue and blue....disgusting.

Sterling Sharpe made a comment that when we stopped Denver on 4th and 1, it was the FIRST TIME all season that we had successfully prevented our opponent from converting a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1.

<_<  :doh:  :(  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Every team playing us all year had converted every single 3rd and 1 they attempted. HOLY sh--!!!

One good thing tonight....loved the white pants with the home jerseys. Enough with the blue and blue....disgusting.

535513[/snapback]

Did the '85 bears take this long to stop someone on third and one? If not, I guess there goes our shot at being rembered as one of the great defensive units ever assembled. Damn.

Mike Turico said that the Bills had a stop on 4th and 1 during this game. The utterly unbelieveable statement next floored me.... That was the FIRST 3rd or 4th down and 1 ALL SEASON this defense has turned over to get off the field. How dismal is that little tidbit?! I have never heard a more damning statement about a defense in all my years watching football. THAT is amazing!! You'd think SOMEONE, ANYONE might have tripped into the backfield and inadvertantly tackled the ball carrier for a stop before freaking game 14.....WOW!!! <_<

535513[/snapback]

That stat explains our whole season on defense. I knew it was bad, but did not realize it was that bad.

At least the team practices well (as MM always says). <_< Now that I think of it, it all makes sense because we are playing against ourselves in practice.

That stat explains our whole season on defense.  I knew it was bad, but did not realize it was that bad.

At least the team practices well (as MM always says).  <_<  Now that I think of it, it all makes sense because we are playing against ourselves in practice.

535522[/snapback]

The loss of Phat Pat and TKO should not have been as costly as it has been, but they provided the front seven strength that has been missing all year.

Couple that with Clements, who has fallen flat on his face since Carolina, and Troy Vincent who has not become the FS we all we're sure he would be. Milloy, who has clearly lost a step, and McGee has been sidelined (until tonight) more than he's been able to play for the past 3,4,5 weeks. So what has that left us with? Just what we've been witnessing, pitiful defense.

The only thing Jerry Gray has brought me this year, is more respect for Dick LeBeau. TD should have done everything in his power to have kept him and not Jerry. I prefer to think of Jerry as one of the class of clowns that let the Bills overcome a 35-3 Oilers lead. and he's done nothing with the Bills to tarnish that image.

This was one of those stats that I didn't believe (like the, "We passed the ball 3,743 consecutive times on 3rd and less than 3.") So I went over the play-by-plays and it appears to be mostly correct..... (see below)

Here's the breakdown:

Hou: 0/0

TB: 2/2

Atl: 0/0

NO: 1/1

Mia: 0/0

NYJ: 1/1

Oak: 1/1

NE: 0/0

KC: 3/3 (!)

SD: 1/1

Car: 1/1

Mia: 3/4 **

NE: 2/2

Den: 1/3 (woohoo!)

Total: 15/17 (assuming Miami is really 3/3, see below)

So it's not like it happens all the time. However, you'd hope that they could've stopped them at least once or twice before tonight :doh:

** In the Miami game, there was a 3rd and 1 play that was called back by penalty. Technically, they didn't convert it. <_<

CW