Sabres Time!

mcjeff215

What is the current "in the crease rule"?

On the no goal, there were three Penguins in the crease at one time or another.

Does anyone know the current rule? It used to be that you could not be in the crease unless you had possession of the puck (and unless it was game 6 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs in Buffalo). I recall that they changed it so that it is not as strict as it used to be.

I was on pins and needles during the third.  It is like watching them in the playoffs.

You got to love this team.

I cannot wait to see them in person when I am back in Buffalo for Christmas.

535092[/snapback]

Listening to Lindy is interesting. From the tone of his voice, you would have thought they lost. He sounds disappointed that they didn't finish it in a very convincing fashion.

What is the current "in the crease rule"? 

On the no goal, there were three Penguins in the crease at one time or another.

Does anyone know the current rule?  It used to be that you could not be in the crease unless you had possession of the puck (and unless it was game 6 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs in Buffalo).  I recall that they changed it so that it is not as strict as it used to be.

535057[/snapback]

The rule as it now stands is that you CAN be in the crease but you can't initiate contact with the goalie and you can't impede his movements to try to make a save. As long as you don't interfere with the goalie it's basically "no harm, no foul".